Suggestion: Ore Washing Plant gives regular Dusts instead of Purified Ore

• Don't tell me the only reason they did this in the newest IC2_experimental is because they want you to smelt the purified ore and THEN macerate it again into dust. Or IS that the reason?

• one additional note, IC2x obviously WIP, some features can be placeholders or compatability holders, possibly there is no more dust in IC2x and dust item left for compatability only, after some time dusts will be removed from recipes and purified ore will be used.

• Official Post

one additional note, IC2x obviously WIP, some features can be placeholders or compatability holders, possibly there is no more dust in IC2x and dust item left for compatability only, after some time dusts will be removed from recipes and purified ore will be used.

I don't think they are going to remove dusts.
    Some dusts are meant to be "pure" elemental metal.
    While crushed ores still has byproducts.

• I know ore has impurities, but the ore washer creates "purified ore", which I guess is still not pure metal dust, but the only real reason I see for them adding that is so it costs a bit more power and adds a few steps to the bronze making process.

On a side note, I hope they flesh out the 2nd tier a bit more. Right now it's better to dive right into a MFE since it just costs 4 diamonds and a few pieces of gold.

• On a side note, I hope they flesh out the 2nd tier a bit more. Right now it's better to dive right into a MFE since it just costs 4 diamonds and a few pieces of gold.

Yup lol. With IC² I already used to skip the BatBox step, assuming I had 4 Diamonds but right now ... I guess I'm gonna skip 2 steps at once lol.
    What they should do is to make the MFE more expensive, as simple as that ^^.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Purified Ores is a first step. They can be processed in thermal centrifuge to get metal powders... with some little bonuses, like 1 purified iron crashed ore = 2 iron powders + 1 tin pile of golden powder (or something like that.)

Second law of thermodynamics!

• Official Post

Purified OREs, the pure ore that has no stone or loose elements in it. You then Thermal Centrafuge it into some by products and you get the plain dust. ORE IS NOT PURE ELEMENTS. For Example. Purified Tetrahedite would not be pure copper, it would be JUST (Cu,Fe)12Sb4S13. Not just Cu. Besides, if you could thermally Centrafuge dusts to get byproducts, you would have an infinite loop of free byproducts.

• You're all missing out on a vital point; You can't combine tin + copper ore and get bronze, no matter how refined it is. That is part of the reason the dusts exist. I'm sure there could be other ways, I mean forestry lets you combine ingots, but I've always thought IC2's dust - bronze system made most sense.