IC2 Expermental Feature Discussion

• Besides the change logs on the jenkins site, is there anywhere else where someone has compiled a more wiki like site for the newer machines in the Experimental builds? Or even a simple text based site that lists all the changes and describes the machines.

• So far there is no up-to-date wiki for Ic2 experimental builds, if you want, however, I can explain some of the new mechanics and their functions.

• If you have the time and want to, yeah go for it. I understand that the e-net is changed, but I have no clue what any of the new machines do. There also seem to be some new tools or I guess machine inserts that should be self explanatory but I'm just not seeing it.

• Well for starters, maceration instead of giving dusts gives crushed ore, you can smelt the crushed ore just like you did with the dust, but now you can put the crushed ore and either put it in a thermal centrifuge for more yield, or for highest yield run it through the ore washing plant to get washed ore, then the thermal centrifuge.
    Refined iron is getting removed, and most machines are either using plan iron ingots, or iron plates, which are crafted with either a forge hammer, or a metal former on hammer mode.
    A new energy storage unit the CESU was added, it is tier 2 and outputs 128eu/t, the mfe and mfsu were bumped up a tier and output 512 and 2048 eu/t respectively.
    Nuclear reactors have changed a little bit, mostly just in the way that you process uranium ore and make fuel cells.
    The mass fab now makes liquid uu-matter, and the energy cost was increased by 10x, to use liquid uu-matter you have to run it through a replicator that has a pattern from a pattern storage, and patterns are gotten from scanning items in the scanner.
    Lead is a new ore that was added and is mainly used for building nuclear reactors.
    The Nano and Quantum helmets have night vision built in (de)activated by pressing Alt+M with the default keybinds, and the Quantum Chestplate has a built in jetpack (de)activated by pressing Ctrl+M with the default keybinds.

Those are currently all of the changes I can think of.

• Cool thanks for the info. Is the Forge Hammer w/o the machine just used in the crafting grid with the item you are working on, kinda like refilling the CF-Sprayer?

• Nuclear reactors have changed a little bit, mostly just in the way that you process uranium ore and make fuel cells.

Could you please tell us how to make fuel cells exactly? I've been trying to build a nuclear reactor to get my automated ore processing plant going, but I don't know how to process the uranium ore to get something that can be put into empty fuel rods. I do see uranium 238, uranium 235 and enriched uranium fuel in NEI, but I don't know how to get them from my uranium ore (which I macerated and washed so far).

• Could you please tell us how to make fuel cells exactly? I've been trying to build a nuclear reactor to get my automated ore processing plant going, but I don't know how to process the uranium ore to get something that can be put into empty fuel rods. I do see uranium 238, uranium 235 and enriched uranium fuel in NEI, but I don't know how to get them from my uranium ore (which I macerated and washed so far).

Thermal centrifuge the washed uranium ore and you will get the 2 types of uranium, to make fuel cells you need to put a iron plate into the metal former on extruder mode (the cable one), then craft enriched uranium fuel, and take the fuel cell and the uranium in a canning machine to make uranium fuel cells.

• Thanks. So the plan to power my thermal centrifuges with the nuclear reactor is kinda dumb, since to get the reactor going I need the centrifuge *doh*.

Another quick question, do you know how much EU the thermal centrifuge takes before exploding?

• Thanks. So the plan to power my thermal centrifuges with the nuclear reactor is kinda dumb, since to get the reactor going I need the centrifuge *doh*.

Another quick question, do you know how much EU the thermal centrifuge takes before exploding?

Pretty sure it takes up to 128eu/t, might want to test that in a creative world though.

Edit: Just tested it for myself, it can take 128eu/t

Now I tried to build the thermal centrifuge but it won't let me, apparently theres a typo in the recipe ;(
    Oh well, I wanted to install the JDK anyway...

Edit: Thats harder than I thought :/

• hm build #162 thermal centrifuge Recepie work fine for me

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w34j…b/2013-09-14_10.38.36.png

To be honest have not tried building the scanner, replicator, or thermal centrifuge since the recepie does not show in my NEI. They may work but little low on resources and trying not to cheat items in. The thermal centrifuge does not show any recepie at all the replicator and scanner will not show me how to make reinforced stone when I click on them, so it may just be a NEI issue. Also I made a upgraded lappack to power my mining laser and it will not draw power from the pack just drains the laser, will try it with a plain batpack an see if it's the same issue.

• Official Post

Using build 166 and trying to figure out how to craft iron fence anyone have the recipe?

Try putting iron stuff into the metal former in various modes.

• might I recommend Craft Guide. I think it is more friendly with recipes than NEI.
    oh, does the washer have an internal storage tank for water?

• This thread has been tremendously helpful!
    Does anyone know the steps to make the construction foam in build 166? I see cf powder, but cannot figure out how to use it or fill the Cf sprayer/ backpack.

• So far got the iron fence and most of everything else figured out just same as last post I have the CF powder tried adding water a backpack or a sprayer and no foam!! Still no luck on the thermal cent. build 166 I have two mining lasers two coild an advanced machine block and I have tried two different types of steel. I look at the JPG from the post above but so far no luck crafting ot build 166.

• So far got the iron fence and most of everything else figured out just same as last post I have the CF powder tried adding water a backpack or a sprayer and no foam!! Still no luck on the thermal cent. build 166 I have two mining lasers two coild an advanced machine block and I have tried two different types of steel. I look at the JPG from the post above but so far no luck crafting ot build 166.

So how did you make the iron fence? I too cannot build thermal centrifuge (.162 version. Installed old version, .100, and it works).