[Addon v2.0.367+?] (Minecraft 1.6.2/4) Transformer Converters Development Thread

• Official Post

If it makes it better than yes. If it's just more work then no.

How come core mods just go in the mods folder again? Why did we ever need a core mods folder to start with? Pre 1.3 when forge needed Modloader and ModloaderMP it didn't have core, 1.6+ it doesn't have core - what was so special about 1.3 to 1.5?!

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• If it makes it better than yes. If it's just more work then no.

How come core mods just go in the mods folder again? Why did we ever need a core mods folder to start with? Pre 1.3 when forge needed Modloader and ModloaderMP it didn't have core, 1.6+ it doesn't have core - what was so special about 1.3 to 1.5?!

In 1.3.2 everything changed, that made people mad. Get what I mean? Core mods are mods that take over functionality of vanilla minecraft. The reason core mods go into the mods folder is because mod developers were tired of stupid people asking how to install a mod when the installation guide is right in their face. Do you also get what I mean? Minecraft has a mod loading functionality built in itself. And, by core mod I meant that this mod requires another to load. Also, does that mean you don't have a Skype?

Little teaser I think? I know you guys can't get in the repository so I just left the link in. :P Well, I'm gonna go to bed now.

• Well, since the original mod has meta-data, I will too. Unfortunately this is the way it will have to go. :( So, don't be sad, and keep your chin up. :)

meta-data?
    do you mean the mod used the "damage value" to lower the block ID's?

• meta-data?
    do you mean the mod used the "damage value" to lower the block ID's?

It's technically meta-data. And yes, it is. Well, after about three hours messing around with code, I finally got it done the engines done but.... My Eclipse workspace is broken! :evil: Working with broken code. :( Ready to throw this virtual project against the virtual wall.

• It's technically meta-data. And yes, it is. Well, after about three hours messing around with code, I finally got it done the engines done but.... My Eclipse workspace is broken! :evil: Working with broken code. :( Ready to throw this virtual project against the virtual wall.

naw, go build something in MC and then nuke it. All creative of course. Or just go set off a ton of nukes in a creative map just for the heck of it.
    If it helps make it look like a BSOD'd computer. :P

• Official Post

hm , when first release :D good luck friends hehe

If you're serious, I recommend you read this: !! Asking for release dates = Ban !!

Although I doubt we'll ever get that far to even thinking about releasing at this rate :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Should I make this mod require a core mod that I will make later? Let me know what you guys think!

What would that core mod add that you can't do with a normal mod? If I understand correctly then core mods need to be compiled for each MC update (can't use srgnames) and can easily cause conflicts between different mods. It's generally best to avoid using them as much as possible.

Of course, if you have some awesome idea you can't do without a core mod, go ahead.

• Official Post

You made an emerald armor and tools mod? Did you do obsidian too :D

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Why not? Everyone knows everyone else wants emerald and obsidian tools. Some want glowstone too. Mekanism is basically a mod answering those requests, except emerald.

I see this too much.

• You know what, get out. As much as I like you (and I don't very much) gtfo. Please, do us a favor and don't come back to this thread. I don't feel like getting pissed off today and dropping the project once more.