[Addon][1.6.2+] Unidye - Get more awesome for your IC²!

• Official Post

It's fine. Plenty of energy for plenty of destruction. After all, 64 chunks of wasteland for your 1156 EU/t

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

It's fine. Plenty of energy for plenty of destruction. After all, 64 chunks of wasteland for your 1156 EU/t

That, if you provide all dyes and unidye, which is not an easy job.
    Otherwise the efficiency drops alot.

By the way, the amount of blocks scrapped per second is something to be tweaked of course.
    50 blocks/s would turn those 64 chunks in a complete wasteland in 6-8 hours of constant run.

• Official Post

Lots of assorted dyes and a long time to keep it fulled. That seems OK

Wait, would it scrap cables/machines/storage boxes?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Lots of assorted dyes and a long time to keep it fulled. That seems OK

Wait, would it scrap cables/machines/storage boxes?

Well, the idea is to turn everything into scrap, but a special cable could be allowed.
    Monochrome Cable, made with glass fiber coated with a mix of scrap/unidye maybe?

• While iterating through the blocks to replace them with scrap, I can just tell it to ingore blocks that are already scrap, a IC2/GT machine and cables.

• Official Post

This generator would be nice if it effected every chunk in an 8x8 area but itself.

8x8 would have no centre chunk. OCD people would complain :P

I see this too much.

• I'm honestly not a fan of turning a simple dye generator into something that effectively destroys the world. It's either going to be really OP and cause the server to have wasteland all over, or be completely unused and wasting a block.

This is kinda what I was thinking.

Also, this mod does way more than dyes now, maybe a rename or at least changing "Getting your Dyes to the next level!".

• Also, this mod does way more than dyes now, maybe a rename or at least changing "Getting your Dyes to the next level!".

"Getting your Dyes to the next level!"? Sounds ridiculous. Why would I have that kind of title?

• The generator is functional, except I am running into a bug which leads to the inventory not being saved and also cables not connecting to the generator on startup until you rightclick the generator once..it's weird.

I used the same network / Energy event code for my machines, but those work. Note to self: If you reuse code, reuse it right.

I think I'll do make the "Monochromatic Generator", configurable, off by default, and only affecting the one chunk it is in for reduced eu production.

• To be honest, if the Chromatic Generator were to be implemented, I vastly prefer the initial suggested implementation over any world-scrapping (not because I came up with it). Quarries are bad enough for the world as it is.

For the early game when only a few dyes can be produced in significant quantity, the EU/t and EU/dye are rather low, but it's enough to keep a small number of LV machines running off a charger. They also can't be effectively automated without significant infrastructure in the form of AppEng (three precision export buses) or two GT retrievers (I suppose four hoppers + chests also works, but you will pretty much have a 3x3x2 multiblock 32EU/t that only outputs from the top or bottom, and require manually filling four different chests with specific dyes), so 32 EU/t for sixteen dyes + unidye is quite balanced. It would be useful in its own right but not displace any form of conventional power generation (because really, if a 1152 EU/t generator happened, you would just set it up 4k blocks away and abuse the shit out of its staggering output and completely skip an age.)

Whoa that was fast lol. I didn't think you already got around to implementing it, much less having both ideas as different blocks.

Make sure to code a block blacklist(or whitelist?) into it, or you'll suddenly find bedrock turned into scrap and a chunk-sized hole at the bottom of the world. I suggest blacklisting bedrock and all tile entities by default.

• You can automate all my machines (and now generators!) with a single pipe from any side. That's why my Crystalliser got so many tweaks, because that's complicated as hell for 4 inputs.

The Monochromatic Generator will turn things into scrap ore, only ignoring Air, Bedrock, IC2 and GT Blocks. Maybe also all kinds of TileEntity. Also, it will remain disabled (it's not implemented yet, the chromatic generator is) until I can provide a way in my config to add new Block IDs to that list. Before I do that, I want to make a Crystalliser config to disable every recipe by writing its OreDict-Name in my config. So those are the priorities atm :P

But yeah, coding generators is quite easy if they don't have an internal storage (which I'll also implement).

• You can automate all my machines (and now generators!) with a single pipe from any side. That's why my Crystalliser got so many tweaks, because that's complicated as hell for 4 inputs.

The Monochromatic Generator will turn things into scrap ore, only ignoring Air, Bedrock, IC2 and GT Blocks. Maybe also all kinds of TileEntity. Also, it will remain disabled (it's not implemented yet, the chromatic generator is) until I can provide a way in my config to add new Block IDs to that list. Before I do that, I want to make a Crystalliser config to disable every recipe by writing its OreDict-Name in my config. So those are the priorities atm :P

But yeah, coding generators is quite easy if they don't have an internal storage (which I'll also implement).

You should try to make your generator generate electricity to the amount of the one in mine factory reloaded. I think it's a bio generator or something but It can generate electricity of of anything that's a dye.

• Official Post

You should try to make your generator generate electricity to the amount of the one in mine factory reloaded. I think it's a bio generator or something but It can generate electricity of of anything that's a dye.

That was a bug in MFR bioreactor.

The intention is to use dyes to generate energy, where the chromatic generator extracts the colors from the dyes to generate energy and the monochromatic generator extracts the colors from the world (using dyes as a catalyst) to generate energy.

• That was a bug in MFR bioreactor.

The intention is to use dyes to generate energy, where the chromatic generator extracts the colors from the dyes to generate energy and the monochromatic generator extracts the colors from the world (using dyes as a catalyst) to generate energy.

Dyes as catalyst? Then the Monochromatic Generator wouldn't consume the dyes, only turn the world into scrap. Catalysts are not consumed.

@LinusPheonix

What did you use to make your GUIs?

Code-wise or image-wise? If you mean image-wise, GIMP. I used a GUI image from FrogCraft, made the upper part all grey then pasted the slots / tanks / energy sign over. The name of the Inventory and the TileEntity is not on the image itself though.
    If you mean code-wise, you'll have to specify that question or it doesn't make any sense (at least to me).

• Official Post

Dyes as catalyst? Then the Monochromatic Generator wouldn't consume the dyes, only turn the world into scrap. Catalysts are not consumed.

The dyes are "color conductors", if the name matters much to the meaning. Said conductors wear out and must be replaced.