UTILITIES, Machines, Reactors

• LOT OF WAS ADDED ! CHECK IT ALL !

UTILITIES & Design

- Set Reinforced Stone & Reinforced Glass NON-Movable by Piston's.
    - Add block which have same options like Reinforced Stone, BUT! This block have ability to be PIPE-Based & ITEM-Based(In case of adding Greg-Tech Addon and his Pipes).
    - Add Tank Block, which should be multi - block for storing liquids. No practical uses yet, maybe some designer uses, cause UU look good in tank.
    - Add connected texture to Reinforced Stone & Reinforced Glass ( Glass make little bit cleared - Suggestion from inspiring Greg - Tech Iridium Reinforced Stone; It could look awesome).
    - Make recipe for Glass Fibre Cable little bit harder, because in IC2 EXP can handle over 8k EU/t and with some imagination, recipe with Silver or/even Redstone should melted that cable.
    - Add Conductive Glass, which is used for making Glass Fibre Cable (Should have Reinforced Abilities for handle 8k EU/t) or/and maybe added to recipes Carbon Plates).
    - Make visual meter at block texture for "how much MFSU/MFE/BatBox is filled"(In IC2 EXP have blocks 32x texture so maybe 20px high meter for MFSU[40M EU:20=2MEU/1 point]).
    - EU Reader should be chargable and consume some small amount for operation.
    - Add Reinforced Pressure Plate which can be used for open doors, react only on player which place it and cant be destroyed by water.(Because especially I cooling reactor with surrounding water.)
    - Add TFPB for automatic setting surrounding enviroment be ready to farm (Farming Chill). Areas 9x9, in center water block and this can make 2 on every side(even corner parts).
    - Add wellet for IndustrialCoins(mostly little troll item), which have 27 stacks of Coins and is able to accept ICoins and even other coins.
    - Make Dynamite - O - Mote consuming EU for transfers and setting.
    - Added to enviroment world generation 2x2 rubber trees generetaing in Jungle Biomes and higher Rubber trees generetad in Taiga Biomes. Drop same saplings, but respectfull for biom-mutate.
    - Sets for RTG Fuel they are no more FOREVER and also they need be cooled by surround water. (More realistic, cuase RTG make heat).
    - Add new mode to Electric Wrench called "Only Rotate Mode". Because it happen lot times I by clicking again and again break machine instead of right rotation.
    - Add new mode to Electric Hoe called and it should be able to farms 3x3 area with increase of taken more energy from it. It's faster, but with prize.
    - Add Vulcanized Rubber which can be created like recipe below and have use for Tanks and also for HV Cable. I think normal rubber should melt if is there too high Voltage. :)
    - Add little and simple 2! Manuals. First one for Reactor components for In - Game know what is what. 2. maybe for In - Game Changelog.
    - Add Graphite generated 12> layer and surround mostly lava. Can be used for advanced moderating Nuclear Reaction.
    - Add Hopper Upgrade which actually can suck - in items from chest above machine and put them automatically into pre - processing slot.
    - Add Regulating Upgrade which can counting how much energy machine already used and after bypass count it emit signal / stop taking energy and slowly comes off. :)
    - Add machine based by Thermal Centrifuge, but for Cells, able to make from Grafite & Empty Cell Reinforced Graphite Rod which can be Reactor inventory moderator for sucking Radiation.
    - Update Hazmat Suit and Scuba helmet recipe more expensive using Lead Plates and / or Advanced Alloys and make that as new way of Hazmat and Composite Armor.
    - Add custom surface, rare dungeons / ruins based like something what broken house with hidden Personal Safe which can have inside little chance to be filled with some Tier 2 Stuff.
    - Add to enviroment more basic flowers with only design use (for now).
    - Add Iron Rod for use in Generator Recipes like new recipe for Water Mill which instead of wood using Stone Plates and Iron Rods.
    - Add to config ability to use UU for custom items by ID's and.
    - Add to config possibility to ban items via config.
    - Add Oxygene Quadruple - Cells and make them able to fired up heat / fired based machines like Generator, Geothermal Generator & Semifluid Generator maybe.
    - Add Oxgene Mask like an upgrade for Night Vision googles which can with electrolyzing water allow you to breath underwater using energy, but it's cheaper then Quantum Helmet. Because of clay.
    - Add "traversis" like decoration block for storage - based halls.
    - Add Energy Gun for killing mobs for longer range.
    - Add Enchantment "Energy Saver" which can decrease using at items by 5% by level. Max. lvl IV.
    - Add Enchantment "Stabilizing" for electric armor, concretely boots, for hold you on one place even if you're hitted by arrow.
    - Add Enchantment Energy Absorber which can protect you while someone shoot you with Energy Gun. That take energy from "bullet" and put it into energy armor / lappack.

!!! YES, I'M ABLE TO APPRICIATE ALL THESE CHANGES AND REALLY USE ALL OF THEM :P !!!

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

Edited 16 times, last by CastielAngelow: EDIT for BETTER UNDERSTANDING! Still will be expanded ().

• EDIT: Nuclear Reactor overhaul may be coming though, so mechanics may change heavily.
    No to the windmill, because multiblocks are laggy if not coded properly and greengens are overly spammable. There is an addon called CompactWindmills already. Spamming multi-windmills is little better than spamming solars.

Custom water: What will its actual use be?

No to Electrolyzed Water cooling, for reviving a deleted feature. Its also illogical because it will charge the nuclear elements in the reactor which will cause problems.

No to "Steam Coolers", because (pseudo-)CASUCs will be denied for a very long time.

What is the logic of putting halogens in reinforced stuff?

And what is the use of Reinforced Rod Holders? You haven't explained clearly.

• I know it can be laggy, but i don't write about things like 'this is order in which it must be'. It's just suggestions, for some kind of expanding part of IC2 which stagnate and/or aren't so much, or totally not re-created... Still, but it can be.
    But i think if here are coders that can make things like Reactor settings and functions, it couldn't be so hard to make it if you know, what you do. And even if you dont know, here are lot of people and coders who can help with it. It's just about speak them. Soaryn, Eloraam, CovertJaguar, Azanor, SirSengir,... They all have abilities to help with it, and what else, most of this mods are O.S. which can make help easier. And again, its just suggestions.
    I dont kno why your answer sound me so attackly, like if you are 'i know everything in universe'... But, jsut feel ;)

Water: I wrote it, and i think really clearly and understandable. No generating in world, but, if itll be, probably sometime if Uranium Ore is touching water. I'll re-write my post for better understanding that. Sorry if you don't know what i actually mean.

Halogens? Because Iodid Rods are normally used for reflecting and consuming overflow radioactivity. Using them can protect player, because, ITS NOT POSSIBLE to go close to reactor if it run and be able to live long time. Radioation and things surround Nuclear Reactor have pretty BIG ability to expanding, discovering etc. But, as i said, i re-wrote it. Maybe it'll help. :thumbup:

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• make addon.

most things suggested plain boring and wont make game any better (reactor and multyblock changes just ...), large amount of creative tabs is joke, maybe suggest separate tab for each machine?

• make addon.

most things suggested plain boring and wont make game any better (reactor and multyblock changes just ...), large amount of creative tabs is joke, maybe suggest separate tab for each machine?

It's good showing off yourself. YOU DONT understand me. Breathe, go away and read it later. It's boring for you, no boring for EVERONE. Thanks for your opinion. :P

• I don't see how iodine will help in nuclear absorption. Anyways, it would be pointless to add a material that has no use. And how would you get it? Why not just use lead? It's already present in the game. They block alpha and beta radiation and reduce gamma radiation.

Rubber is really cheap and tanks will just become too cheap to even bother about the higher tier ones (e.g. Railcraft Steel Tanks). And don't forget lava in rubber tanks. Makes sense? However, I do see maybe vulcanized rubber having a potential. Otherwise, bronze tanks may be better, and more balanced.

• I don't see how iodine will help in nuclear absorption. Anyways, it would be pointless to add a material that has no use. And how would you get it? Why not just use lead? It's already present in the game. They block alpha and beta radiation and reduce gamma radiation.

Rubber is really cheap and tanks will just become too cheap to even bother about the higher tier ones (e.g. Railcraft Steel Tanks). And don't forget lava in rubber tanks. Makes sense? However, I do see maybe vulcanized rubber having a potential. Otherwise, bronze tanks may be better, and more balanced.

Because it's basic Nuclear Physics. Rods are used to sides of reactor for cosnuming that "mess" from burning Uranium 235 & 238.
    That rods are in real world shield for make it safer then without it. After burn, it's too radioactive mess. It need be sealed in huge lead containers which have shadowing for no way to escape radiation, or, something like that, but you're right. Lead is there, and it can be used to.
    So maybe try to used in recipes instead of "just" Advanced Alloy, combine it with Lead Plate in some way, ir, possible more ways, and have that little better block.
    You know, im going out of blocks of gregtech. He add some new reinforced blocks to keep your reactor much more safe. So, why not something between so hard Iridium Reinforced Stone and Reinforced Stone. Probably, Lead - Plated Stone? Or something like that.

Well, it's good to read your ideas, it's for me like brainstorming ^_^.

And yes, rubber is cheap, but, thats point. Sooo much rubber for no use if you hard work with your Treetap :) I like your idea with "Vulcanized Rubber" and Tiering Tanks.
    Also, that option for tanks was just if you haven't installed Railcraft, or you cant install it or anything else. :) But, again you are right. "I MUST THINKING IN MORE WAYS. WHAT IF I HAVE INSTALLED OTHER MOD WITH TANKS. BALANCING!" Thank you :)
    Sounds cool. :)
    Can i added your ideas in this post? :)

• Sure, if you want.

Rubber is recycler fodder mid-game, I agree with you on that. But then don't farm that much rubber in the first place. There's no need to automate everything. But vulcanized rubber may be useful, as more durable rubber for better cabling. Maybe vulcanized rubber would be useful for cheap water tanks though.

Plus, iodine doesn't really work as nuclear protection, last time I checked. Iodine protection is mainly to prevent radioactive iodine from damaging our thyroid glands. Plus, the immense heat from the reactor will sublime the iodine at 457 K. Lead is still a better protector.

• Done. Thank you. If you want to share other ideas with me, i'm excited :D

• No to the windmill, because multiblocks are laggy if not coded properly and greengens are overly spammable. There is an addon called CompactWindmills already. Spamming multi-windmills is little better than spamming solars.

Depends. If you really want them to be realistic, UN-spammable but still useful, they could work like that:

EU generation = (random factor like there is already) * (number of pylon blocks under the windmill) * (Maintenance Factor [exp(-timeinticks/2daysinticks] which would basically mean without maintenance the generation would be halved every 2 days)*(BiomeFactor [Plain/Ocean/Taïga=Max, Jungle/Mountain = min])*height[ASSUMING IT CAN'T BE EXPLOITED, WHICH MEANS: max height counted depends on the biome, so plain would be 64, Hills like 80 and extreme hills like 120)*(SomethingToLimit windmills per Biome/room, like [2/1+numbersofwindmillsinthebiome]*Free Air blocks in the 7*7*7 box)*RotorEfficiency

With such a system, windmillls would be less laggy than they currently are (less WM for the same energy generation), wouldn't be spammable, wouldn't be "fire and forget"/infinite [even though IMO the maintenance should be configurable) and would be more "realistic" (like IRL, they would be random, take lots of space but would generate a lot more energy than Solar Pannels for the same cost)

Plus, iodine doesn't really work as nuclear protection, last time I checked. Iodine protection is mainly to prevent radioactive iodine from damaging our thyroid glands. Plus, the immense heat from the reactor will sublime the iodine at 457 K. Lead is still a better protector.

It's just used to go into your thyroid instead of the radioactive version of Iodine released by some nuclear reactions that may go in your thyroid without that protection ^^. Basically, it makes it full so it can't be fullfilled by dangerous stuff.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• So maybe try to used in recipes instead of "just" Advanced Alloy, combine it with Lead Plate in some way, ir, possible more ways, and have that little better block.
    You know, im going out of blocks of gregtech. He add some new reinforced blocks to keep your reactor much more safe. So, why not something between so hard Iridium Reinforced Stone and Reinforced Stone. Probably, Lead - Plated Stone? Or something like that.

Or change mixed metal ingots to use lead instead of tin.

• I can't understand that maths at 100%. So, if it was something like that, but are you able to write it on better way please? :/
    Something more mathematical, without words, or better explain. You mean...

EU Generation for THIS BLOCKS? I try to resolve that algorhythm, but i cant :D

• Or change mixed metal ingots to use lead instead of tin.

Right, i should change it :) It's prett cool idea use Lead instead of Tin, so Advanced Alloy(another name for that) should have that protect in better ways, for radiation and also, for blow up.
    Maybe if there'll be RailCraft or/and Greg-Tech installed, it can too use Steel instead of Refined Iron Plate, or better, steel plate :)

• I can't understand that maths at 100%. So, if it was something like that, but are you able to write it on better way please? :/
    Something more mathematical, without words, or better explain. You mean...

EU Generation for THIS BLOCKS? I try to resolve that algorhythm, but i cant

EU generation = (random factor like there is already) Randomness, I guess you understood that ? ^^ I mean, just a factor to make the whole result random.

* (number of pylon blocks under the windmill) Basically just a thing to make windmills "realistic", aka (here) cool looking, and to avoid exploitation (as putting something high isn't really hard in MC, you just need cobblestone --')

* (Maintenance Factor [exp(-timeinticks/2daysinticks] which would basically mean without maintenance the generation would be halved every 2 days) A factor that would encourage the player to "repair" (like in GT) his windmill, or to use an expensive and not efficient rotor. (or a rotor that doesn't need maintenance but just to be replaced, like the Carbon Rotor in GT)

*(BiomeFactor [Plain/Ocean/Taïga=Max, Jungle/Mountain = min]) Realistic factor. Would increase the output in "flat" biomes, or "windy" biomes. Would decrease it in mountains, because the limit for windmills would be higher in mountain, so it would be more efficient in Hills/Extreme Hills in the end. (but more complicated to setup I guess).

*height[ASSUMING IT CAN'T BE EXPLOITED, WHICH MEANS: max height counted depends on the biome, so plain would be 64, Hills like 80 and extreme hills like 120) See above. Basically to avoid exploits with height. And for the sake of realism, once more.

*(SomethingToLimit windmills per Biome/room, like [2/1+numbersofwindmillsinthebiome] To avoid exploits with room, for realism, to makes windmill an enrgy source that is also expensive by the cables/net you need etc ... And because the main issue with greengens is the farm you can do with. Would there be an issue with Solar Pannels if you could only have 2 per person, for practical purpose ? I guess not.

*Free Air blocks in the 7*7*7 box)*To avoid underground windmills or such nonsenses ^^

RotorEfficiency So you can upgrade it/change its efficiency depending on what's the more important to you: energy generation, ressources saving or being maintenance free. And because it makes another point to get higher technologies.

OOOPS, misread:
    How do you want it to be more mathematical but using shortcuts you wouldn't understand ? ^^ I'm not gonna define 10 letters for this ^^.
    Moreover, I haven't a precise Idea of what each factor should be, given I haven't thought about it yet. It's just ideas to makes the whole thing realistic/unexploitable/funnier.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Well, still can't TOTALLY understand, but now better. So, for easy and short results.

Windmill's have factors which can things makes better or more awful.

Biome: More "windy" biomes, more EU/t, but limited with "power of rotor" and height.
    Rotor Type: Refined Iron = 2EU/t, durability 10 MC Days, Carbon = 5EU/t, durability 20MC Days, Diamond and Iridium. etc. :)
    Count of Windmills per "area". So, more windmills can decrease energy whic can be generated, because that filling decrease flowing of air and wind yeah? :)
    Also it should need probably from Iron Post or Cables maked slope for handling height. It shouldn't be functional without it.

That's lot if things. I need some time for rewrite it for myself and my better understand :)

• Official Post

I'm about 50 50 with the things I like and the things I hate that you've changed. The stuff changed upsets me too much to use it :( Cheap fibre cables... Endless RTG...

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I'm about 50 50 with the things I like and the things I hate that you've changed. The stuff changed upsets me too much to use it :( Cheap fibre cables... Endless RTG...

I think its pretty need have at least WorldGen in more ways ;) Endless RTG should be re-worked for some limit and cooling system. Maybe using right that reactor components for heat :)

• Official Post

Endless RTGs are fine IMO, as they require way too much fuel to generate considerable amounts of energy and that fuel is only breedable through reactor cycles, something that takes a looong time and uses limited resources (uranium).

• Unmovable Reinforced
    - Yes, fits in with Obsidian & Bedrock

Reinforced with piping in the middle
    - Probably supposed to be the pros of CF over Reinforced Stone
    - Better to give pipe support for CF

Multi-tank
    - Probably used as a reinforced liquid storage instead?
    - Possible downside: 12 B/block (RC Iron/BC: 16 B/block; RC Steel: 32 B/block)

CTM for Reinforced stuff
    - Good, if config is added (Default: CTM on)

Difficult Glass Fibre
    - Good idea
    - Possible recipe: 3x Cable = 6x Glass + 3x Quartz Blend
    -- 3x Quartz Blend = 2x Any (Certus, Nether) Quartz Dust + 1x Redstone Dust + 2x Glowstone Dust + 1x Diamond Dust
    -- 5x Quartz Blend = 2x Any (Certus, Nether) Quartz Dust + 2x Silver Dust + 1x Glowstone Dust + 1x Diamond Dust

Visual Meter
    - Good, if config is added (Default: Meter on)

EU Reader
    - No, doesn't make sense
    - RL: Voltmeter & ammeter don't use electricity (unless they are electronic)
    - RL: Only ohmmeter uses electricity

Reinforced Pressure Plate
    - Doesn't make sense: A player's weight can push it down?
    - Maybe let Bronze/Carbon Plates be placeable instead to act as pressure plate

TFBP
    - Good idea
    - Speaking of that, where is our compression blueprint and the 5x Stone Pickaxe blueprint? .
    Wallet, 2x2 Rubber Trees
    - Maybe

Dynamote
    - It's fine as it is
    - Underused item

Wrench & Hoe Modes
    - Yes, useful

Graphite
    - Useless, coal dust (and charcoal dust if you want to be a little less balanced) is graphite

Harder Hazmat
    - Sure, but not too hard as Hazmat is intended to be early-game normal armor and late-game reactor armor

Enchanted Electrical Stuff
    - Sorry, magitech is denied for a long time already
    - "Nanoupgrades" (as suggested 2 years ago) might be a better way to use these

• Endless RTGs are fine IMO, as they require way too much fuel to generate considerable amounts of energy and that fuel is only breedable through reactor cycles, something that takes a looong time and uses limited resources (uranium).

Actually that's good with IC2 stand alone. But you can got thousand and thousand of Uranium and only 1 thing ou need is MystCraft, which is traditional part of modpacks :)
    That's for others. I personally turn false every OP pages in Myst config as Dense Ores, Tendrils etc. :)

But, i think at least config for endless / limited RTG fueling should be setted... IDK, something very looooooong but not infinite :)