Suggestion: Personal Teleportation Module

• Official Post

The PTM - Personal Teleportation Module - is a wonder of modern science! Simple place this module in your hand, and right-click on an existing teleportation pad. The module is now tuned to that teleport pad!

Activate the module from any location using right click, and you're INSTANTLY teleported to the pad you sync'd the module with.

Be aware, the module can only store enough energy for ONE use, and must be recharged before it can be used again.

(Recipe should include Iridium, T3 energy crystal, and advanced circuits). I've heard the TP Pad in IC2 uses less energy, but I'm not sure what a fair amount of EU for this device is? 1 million seems a bit high, I was thinking maybe 600,000? The same amount as an MFE?

• This idea is good. No more wandering in the caves to find a way back to surface.

Energy amount for teleportation depends on distance and quantity of items in your inventory.

• I think it would be great for use in a sticky situation. You could use it when surrounded by mobs, or when falling into lava and have no way out.

• Yes! Use for enderpearls!

... or not. idk

Maybe some way to combine single use battery and enderpearls to make single use teleporter?

Running electricity through it releases its teleporting capability?

but enderpearls would make a good fuel too...

• I really like this idea, maybe it could use 1 0r two ender pearls for each teleport, but I think if it does that it should be harder to make.. or maybe it could use the energy that is in the target teleporter?

• Personally, I think this should be one of the Quantum Suit's functions (or the next Nano-Armor tier's functions...), because as it stands it's only looking like a white Adv. Nano Suit...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I like this very much. Also, the EU cost should be-

n + x * (m)^1/2

(n plus x time the square root of m)
    where:
    n = some large bulk cost (like 500,000)
    m = meters teleported
    x = the multiplier for how much tele should cost per square root of meter (like 10,000)

so, with my numbers, a tele of a far reaching 500 meters would cost 725,000 EU. That way it would cost more the further away from your base, but not that much more.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• i think you should either download the portal add on, or the crystal wing add on (which teleports you back to your spawn) if not i think those energy costs are way too much, and i dont think it would be worth it for that

• I disagree, the portal mod is so OP. And plus who wants to go pack to their spawn every time. Also this would play into infrastructural that already exists and plus it adds a little realism to the game. :Teleporter:

• I disagree, the portal mod is so OP. And plus who wants to go pack to their spawn every time. Also this would play into infrastructural that already exists and plus it adds a little realism to the game. :Teleporter:

'Realism'. Im sure you use that in the lightest sense possible. But otherwise i agree.

• i think those energy costs are way too much, and i dont think it would be worth it for that

I think they're perfect. I mean, they're a bit higher than the normal teleports, but what we're talking about is a bit more complex too. this thing needs to be pretty small, and also, you get a LOT of energy when you get a couple nuclear reactors running for you, or even a simple solar generating roof, doesn't take long for that 50 or so EU/t to add up.

• I think the point of this mod is not to have some teleporter that uses energy based on distance, as we already have that. What is needed is a one use device, usable only by the player. Sure, you could recharge it, but it would add incentive to only use when far away, and make it easier to adventure, while knowing you are always close to home. It should have some sort of nether-portal-like animation, so that you could cancel by letting go of the mouse button if you did NOT want to teleport and used it by accident, as well as to emphasize the importance/awesomeness of it.

The best part about IC is being able to force the server admin to buy power from your capitalist nuclear enterprise

• i support the idea of it ignoring distance, we already have distance-based TP
    plus what if you wander too far away and then want to go home?
    also i have a suggestion for fail-safe activation
    just use M key to switch it on like you change modes on laser, that should be fast enough to escape certain death yet safe enough not to trigger it accidentally
    also why energy? why not make it eat uranium?
    for recipes: top one uranium version, bottom - electric (varieties are always good)
    :Empty Cell::Advanced Machine::Empty Cell:
    :Advanced Circuit::Teleporter::Advanced Circuit:
    uranium one eats up 2 uranium/uranium ingots/cells dunno what's more balanced, basically it's relatively low-tech version of electric one, no need for massive power plants neither it requires alot of diamonds, and as a tradeoff - it's energy conversion rate is worse than average MK1 reactor
    maybe also require a warmup of a device, dunno
    :Advanced Circuit::Teleporter::Advanced Circuit:

:Industrial Diamond::Glass Fibre::Industrial Diamond: - lapotron here
    electric one requires 2M EU charge

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• could you not write an addon that preloads the chunks or something and checks to see if you have enough energy at home base and use its energy to teleport you back. Sort of like a communication device for site to site transport.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.