Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• Official Post

https://github.com/BevoTechPac…aster/FULL/scripts/IC2.zs

Look at the big babies adding back the old coolant cell recipe :P Don't they know how fun the way to make it now is?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Let's count the months until the first mod (immibis podzol/dirt to diamond plz) and forge come out

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

I bet 4 months, based how slow MCP was last time. :Industrial Diamond:

I see this too much.

• I bet 4 months, based how slow MCP was last time. :Industrial Diamond:

Not really sure, but how many major changes are there in 1.8? Seems to me there is only the performance and rendering. That may add a few weeks to ETAs, but I don't see 3 month ETAs, unless I'm missing something here.

• Official Post

I'm pretty sure they re-wrote how blocks and items work again, or at least removed meta data.

I see this too much.

• Anyone know of the mod Jaded used for AS's world gen along with the new EE esque mod?

The reason I ask is because I may or may not be calling forth a old project back from the dead...

• Official Post

I see this too much.

• I'm pretty sure they re-wrote how blocks and items work again, or at least removed meta data.

if i understand correctly, they went from numbers for blocks to block:[type].
    a script could be run to convert the number to text if you didn't want to do it by hand. I think this is a good thing for clarity, and removes the block int/double/long cap(pre forge) and replaces it with the string-length cap. given the possible combinations of letters, you won't run out of ID's before your ram does.

that said, block:tin and block:copper are going to be interesting...perhaps block:[mod]_[type] or block:mod:type needs to become the unwritten rule.

meanwhile, over at FTB...

• Official Post

that said, block:tin and block:copper are going to be interesting...perhaps block:[mod]_[type] or block:mod:type needs to become the unwritten rule.

Like block:ic2_copper? Or, IC2 could just over write any other mod's blocks, meaning people with multiple versions of metal blocks need IC2 :D

I see this too much.

• IC2 could overwrite other mods, but then they could do the same, and next thing we know we have a mess.

• Official Post

IC2 could overwrite other mods, but then they could do the same, and next thing we know we have a mess.

IC2 should just have to over write it last. Like when the world first loads or something.

In other news, despite taking much longer than I expected, someone has massacred Forestry: http://www.reddit.com/r/feedth…ased_version_of_forestry/

I see this too much.

• IT HAPPENED

THE NAYSAYER WAS RIGHT

THE WORLD HAS GONE CRAZY

FSIDBEIDGAORJDIQJEPFB

EDIT: Even worse it's that Parker guy again. So I guess this is what FTB has become, and yet Tekkit is now the place for easy and 'ethical' modpack hosting. Oh how the tides have turned.

EDIT 2: I fucking knew it! Are they paying him or something? This isn't the first time he's made a mod exclusively for FTB...

• Official Post

It is the pure irony that the Technic Launcher doesn't have the Technic Pack any more, and has much better 3rd party modpack support than FTB, yet is meant to be worse. And the AT launcher is just ignored, although it too has decent 3rd party modpacking.

Devs changing/making/updating mods for FTB isn't new, they do it for the sole reason to get their mod in an FTB pack (apart from the rare occasion they actually play with the mod). Money isn't involved, since there'd always be another person who'd do it for free.

I see this too much.

• AT Launcher is being ignored here because they aren't currently accepting any more packs :(

People always talk about how much they hate drama, yet they do nothing but brew it up as fast as they can :/ The stupid drama is what lead to modded minecraft being the shithole of a community it is:
    First it was that torrent site stealing downloads. Then it was mods needing copyright licenses. Next was the horror of adfly. Then Tekkit. Then Redpower. Then Gregtech. And now, any power system other than RF. Just because Jaded said so.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• This is really is terrible. This is why my addon is registered under a no-derivates license.

Personally, I don't like what Atlauncher is doing by bypassing the permissions. I don't want my mods in certain modpacks because I'm losing money or something silly like that, I just want to keep my mod in the hands of good people.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.