help for IC2 1.6.4

• Hi
    I m starting this thread (probably not original but didnt find the previous ones)
    because industriamcraftwiki isnt up to date

I ve installed a mod to give me recipes, but that doesnt give me what the new 1.6 machines are for

is there anywhere these informations can be found (not completely scattered), or could we start a list of all new features?

this would probably help a lot of people

• A quick overview:

The way you craft machines has now changed; refined iron is deprecated. You now need to smash iron ingots into iron plates with a forge hammer (that has durability) or use the metal former. The way you produce cables has also changed; you need to cut it. However, most of the new items can be made using a metal former.

Canning machine has been revamped. It has some abilities of the TE Liquid Transposer, and is now used to make some recipes, such as Construction Foam.

Ore can be directly smelted for 1 ingot, or macerated for 2 crushed ore.
    Crushed ore can be directly smelted for 1 ingot each, or washed to get more purified ore.
    Purified ore can be directly smelted for 1 ingot each, or thermal centrifuged to get some byproducts in the form of pure metal dusts.
    Pure metal dusts can be directly smelted for 1 ingot each.

The RTG (Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator) generates energy infinitely based on the amount of RTG pellets inserted. RTG pellets are made from plutonium, which is a byproduct of nuclear fission. You can also use MOX fuel, which has a production that scales based on the heat in the reactor (the hotter the reactor, the better its production). There is also a new method of producing uranium fuel cells. Any radioactive minerals must be handled with a Hazmat Suit equipped.
    1 pellet = 1 EU/t. 2 pellets = 2 EU/t. 3 pellets = 4 EU/t. 4 pellets = 8 EU/t. 5 pellets (max) = 16 EU/t.

EU/p has been removed entirely as packets now merge inside cables when they form. Due to this, tin cables can conduct 32 EU/t, copper = 128 EU/t, gold = 512 EU/t, HV = 2048 EU/t, Glass Fibre = 8192 EU/t. MFE and MFSU have been bumped up a tier each, so they can accept and output 512 and 2048 EU/t respectively. CESU is now the tier 2 storage item, and can output 128 EU/t. BatBox = 40 000 EU; CESU = 600 000 EU; MFE = 10 million EU; MFSU = 40? million EU. The lappack has also been renamed to the Energy Pack, and stores 600 000 EU instead.

• so macerating centrifuging is only for byproducts?
    metal former for cables
    compressors can make metal plates?

lastely what do pattern storage, replicator and scanner do exactly please?

• Official Post

IC2 Build 270
    I did 2 videos on it. The second is much larger, although I forgot to do the metal former.

• so macerating centrifuging is only for byproducts?
    metal former for cables
    compressors can make metal plates?

lastely what do pattern storage, replicator and scanner do exactly please?

The metal former can do a lot of things, such as creating tin cells, item casings, etc. I advise you to use NEI and NEI Plugins to see the changed recipes and how you can craft those (or make those in a Metal Former). The early-game way of making plates is to smash 1 ingot (not 2, that would be GregTech) with a Forge Hammer (80 uses) but I think you can make plates in a Metal Former or a Compressor afterwards.

The UU-Matter system also has been revamped. Firstly, Mass Fabricators need 10x the energy (so 10 million EU without scrap, 1.667 million EU with scrap) and 10x the scrap (if you use scrap) to fabricate. The output is now 1 bucket of Liquid UU-Matter, instead of 1 blob of UU-Matter. If you want to create items from UUM, you need to scan them (not all items though, usually the raw materials) in the Scanner (thereby consuming it) and you will get a pattern (which you can store in the pattern storage). Afterwards, place the pattern and pipe Liquid UU into the Replicator. The replicator will then create new items from the Liquid UU.

You can also raid generated structures (mineshafts, dungeons, villages, etc.) to find Iridum Ore to scan.

• i m trying to use the scanner+replicator+pattern storage
    i ve ligned them
    S-PS-R
    the pattern is stored in the storage but nothing happens with the replicator
    i cant find where to put the scraps either

• ngc4896, I think you need to calm down a bit. Making a 5-word post every few hours isn't really the way to go about this. It just makes you look impatient and unfocused, and leaves the people who might want to help you at a loss as to how to respond. That's why nobody posted any replies.

IC2 Experimental is a beta stage release that's actively being worked on, and features change all the time. You won't find documentation happening until it stabilizes. That's just the way things go. For you as a player, this means you're going to be the one who needs to figure out how things work. Also, if you're a newcomer to modded Minecraft, you might want to start elsewhere - IC2 is going away from being an introductory mod and more towards something for experienced players.

1.) Invest a few minutes ingame to try and see if you can get the feature to work. Try a rational, structured approach: have you checked NEI yet? Have you found all the buttons in the mystery machine's GUI? Have you tried setting up a test world to experiment with setups?

2.) Search online resources. You were pointed to a thread here on the forums that has a lot of information on new features, for example. Google can also direct you to other places that might be discussing the mod. Furthermore, youtube has plenty of videos where the new features are being actively used, or maybe even explained in detail. Recordings from Forgecraft are always a good source of information, but since IC2 made its builds public early on, you'll find other sources too.

3.) When all of that didn't yield results, ask here on the forums. In your post, name exactly what you are trying to get to work, describe what you have tried before, and if it's a situation where it might help, provide a screenshot. Above all, invest a little effort in your language and grammar so your post is understandable.

We're here to help, but we're not here to hold your hand.

As for your question: the scrap goes into a mass fabricator, as it always has in IC2, even before the rework of the uu-matter system. Even the un-updated wiki could have told you that much, and one quick glance in NEI would have shown you that yes, the mass fabricator still exists today and still performs the same function.

• sorry
    thank for the advice, i do tend to be unfocused and very impatient because i spend all day in architecture classes boring as death

i ll stop pissing people up by spaming the post

for some reason i confused the replicator and the mass fabricator, i played a lot of IC² on previous versions, probably several hundreds to thousands of hours, so this update is a bit confusing

I didnt know what nei was, i had a mod giving recipes but not much more...

again thank you and sorry

• It's Not Enough Items, but CraftGuide works as well.