Plain 'ol IC^2

• Hey guys, I was playing FTB, then I tried to make a 1.6 modpack, but then it didn't work, (i've spent hundreds of modding hours, i know exactly what went wrong), so I was wondering if people just playied IC2 by itself?

• Official Post

People sometimes do, but normally play at least with a few other mods, like Gregtech or Buildcraft.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

You mean that pack with overpowered and balanced mods so used that you get maximum exploits for both the Overpowered amd Balanced Mods?

No, there never was a Direwolf20 pack for 1.2.5 :) I doubt maximum for all the mods, just most of them

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Ahhhh, Direwolf never even played it :P

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Apart from forgecraft :P But no, he never did a single player for 1.5

• If you're playing the experimental builds, you probably won't get far with just that alone. It pretty much assumes that you always have certain other mods around, and if you don't, you're kind of screwed and can't use several features. Also, regardless of how creative you are in solving these issues, the progression is balanced for massive cross-mod automation on 24/7 servers. Singleplayer is tedious enough even with other mods, without them you're in for an exercise in frustration.

• i did play ic2 itself from ic2 1.337b (minecraft beta 1.8)to ic2 1.103 (mc 1.2.5)
    then it got boring because i knew everything 8)

• Honestly I've never done anything with railcraft. I have buildcraft and thaumcraft and ae to do most of that stuff I suppose.

• Depends on your boiler size. Assuming I have access to blaze powder (from, say, Thaumcraft desert flowers), I tend to dot some 1 LP boilers around relatively early, to power things like tree farms. One single 1 LP boiler with a hobbyist steam engine taped to it can handle a maximum size multifarm arboretum no problem, and most of the time I don't even build them that large. Being solid fuel consuming, it can be fueled by wooden planks created from the tree farm's wood output in a simple and cheap auto workbench. The whole setup costs barely anything but wood, clay and cobblestone... just one redstone, two gold and three iron needed as far as "valuable" resources go, plus one third of a blaze powder.

Not counting the water supply pump, but when you have a multifarm you have a water supply pump already anyway.