Posts by mak326428

Sentimel, bug report: when i use the accurate mod too often, your addon throws NullPointerException.

2013-03-10 18:45:22 [WARNING] [Minecraft] Failed to handle packet for mak326428/127.0.0.1: java.lang.NullPointerException
    Then i get off the server with Internal Server Error. It doesn't crash the server though. Really cool update, loving new gravitool and vajra.
    The addon is getting better and better with every update! Keep up the good work!
    The only thing i could with is just teleport boots (remembers place via hotkey, then you can teleport back using another hotkey, should require 1000000 EU)
    But stop. As you are adding some middle-game items, why not Advanced Solar Helmet (will use Advanced Solar Panel in recipe) and Enhanced Advanced Solar Helmet (will use Hybrid Ones).
    ... or wait? Maybe some kind of leggins? That should accelerate the speed x6 faster, not x3.4 as quantum does.

Oh boy... diamonds are fine, but UU-matter is a bit of an overkill imo. Especially for people using Gregtech, getting uu-matter in the beggining is EXTREMELY hard, next to impossible so that means the first tier solar panels becomes unusable. A bit sad... but the mod deserves to be used, nevertheless. Hope you change your mind about UU-matter, though.

I support the new recipes, but i'm not supporter of hardcore though. Previous recipes were making the nuclear reactor reduntant and useless. Once you crafted one that solar, that was enough for all standart machines (mac, ext, comp), so you don't need to care about energy at all. Easy-to-say that made step of nuclear reactors reduntant. Previously that was Mining -> Rubber trees -> Generator -> Basic machines -> Solar panel -> Advanced solar panel -> Mass Fab -> Hybrid -> Profit. Please notice that the time needed to upgrade from advanced solar panels to hybrid ones was really such small, that uum lost its expensiveness at all. Now you need to include nuclear reactor (and of course big consuming of copper) step between solar panel and advanced solar panel. I think that this update is fairly the best for the good of playing interest. As for gregtech, yes, i agree with you. The mod should recognize whether gregtech is installed and then replace that uber-expensive thingy with silicon plates for instance.

Got crash:

Forge: 6.5.0.489 (Installed via MultiMC, seems to be latest Forge for 1.4.6), IC2: 1.112.170-lf

I know this has been suggested many times before, but please add modes to the vajra. Some of my suggestions:
    Passive/always active wrench mode
    Passive/always active hoe mode
    Silk touch mode
    selective mining (will only mine certain materials or not others, can be specified in a gui)
    slower mining mode ( you can decide how fast it mines blocks, so that in certain modes, it mines as fast as a wooden pick, stone, iron, ect so that you can use it for house decor without destroying the entire house)

Spent some time reverse engineering addon's code. I've been working on modes for this Addon for some time and sent code to Sentimel, but he didn't answer.

Just created an nbt int "mode" which equals zero by default (in createNbt method in his addon)
    When onItemUse() method is called, the Mode +1 (it better should be done via enum, hope Sentimel will correct this) and has some changes in speed (and mineable blocks), enchants (that was Problem, to remove enchantment when mode is changed, nbt is to be removed and restored without enchanting data), and other cool stuff. It's pretty stable mode changing algorithm, hope it will be applied (a few helper classes is needed for nbt especially).
    Three items implemented: Slow mode, Silk touch mode, Normal mode.
    Hope he will answer.

Every IC2 item has nbttagcompond. There is key "charge" that contains the charge of item. TMI (or /give as in this example) gives you an item where nbttagcompound = null, and charge is also null (easy-to-say, it has damage value = 1, but charge is zero). You have to place it in charge slot to set up nbttag and see actual charge state.
    Give your players {ID}:27 of any electric item.

Its this Addon. And my Addon too (i'll fix that). The Machines would have to detect if they got moved and then have to disconnect and reconnect to the E-net.

Maybe just not to use machines with frames?
    This addon's updateEntity's code retries to connect to energyNet when updateEntity method is called.
    If you'd like to use it with frames, create block breaker, free space (MUST BE machine's coord x +- 1, or z +- 1) , deployer, and tube from blockbreaker to deployer, and timer of course. that will instantly cause updateEntity method call, and you will be in a good shape.

Major bug found. They stop outputting on energy net if moved with a frame.

This makes these things useless for my playthrough.

Please fix.

OMG! Do not use frames with non-frames or non-vanilla blocks! Frames do not work with IC2, thermal expansion, etc. properly!
    IC2: try to move a nuclear reactor using frames, and you will understand
    Thermal Expansion: Try to move liquiducts or redstone energy conduits, then understand that your house got a chunk reset..
    etc.

You found major bug. But not in this addon, as you wrote, "They stop outputting on energy net if moved with a frame.". Energy Net? ASP uses standart IC2 methods, events, etc.

FOUND BUG: If you take an uncharged vajra and break 1 block with it it will become charged! The same thing applies to Advanced Diamond Drill
    Strange, but this bug sometimes happens, sometimes not. If it happens, IC^2 items behave the same way, so it is bug of IC^2.

Yes, there really are obfuscators that rename classes into Chinese (or Japanese, i don't know ;( ) symbols. RedGates' SmartAssembly is that example. I'd like to say more about these obfuscators. So, that obfuscators that packs their code into raw native win32, they change RVA (relative VA as I remember, it is position of method in binary beginning from its header) and some other stuff.

ever without specialized tools or MCP you can reverseengineer any java code.

Note: everything here is about C#, but it is kinda like Java, so this opinion can exist.
    That's a reason for holywar /=. I specialize at C# (read at wikipedia http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_Sharp) such java-like language. There is bytecode-like language named MSIL (i even wrote some programs using it ... but soon understand that it is useless, better to use C#). I have a great (really great, i know C# (as for .NET Framework 3.5, i'm now learning java for future work) experiance in C#, know it veery-veeery well. Reverse engineering is my favorite occupation. As you know, there are lots of obfuscation strategies, some of those are not easy-to-reverseengineer. Some obfuscators "wraps" their MSIL into raw native win32 binary, so .NET Reflector and SAE is useless. And here you have to deal with OllyDbg and know assembler... It is an uncommon example, most of examples just contain renamed classes with chinese (ah, i hate chinese symbols in code! :( ) or encrypts MSIL into something as they think ununderstandable, but it isn't. Inspite of that, you can't deal with ANYTHING, even not obfuscated without basic tools such as decompiler, SAE (and like programs, for C# reverse engineering). You can read binary without disassembler? Ahaha. Do not show off.

Why do you need source? Do you think API is not enough? IC2's api covers all basic needs of addon developer. EnergyNet? EnergyEmitters? EnergySinks? What do you need else? Just small tip for you: don't be afraid of energyNet - for regular userdeveloper it is not more than connection to cable. Begin from furnace-like energysink block with gui (progress bar, etc.). I can help you with basic ic2's modding. The only one problem with IC2's api is debuging... You must run recompile.bat, reobf.bat, wait 5 minutes while it all do it function, then find all block textures, pack it into zip tarball, copy it into your real minecraft "mods" folder and soon understand that you forgot to add single createNewTileEntity method or register TE in your load() method.. You must have nerves of steel.

You must have TileEntity for your generator, even if you don't want gui (anyways, you need to have updateEntity() and invalidate() for energyNet and IEnergySource (or IEnergyEmitter, i dont remember)). Go to Advanced Solar Panels addon and explore Quantum Generator's code.