Posts by catt0

Yes I know about CASUCs, but I assumed he filed it completely with uranium, which is not possible as a CASUC. To run it as a CASUC you need some slots for ice, I think at least 5 or 6, so max output should be around 2100 anyway. Just add another 2 ice stacks for safety reasons and you are in the "normal" voltage range.

Well, I guess you mean 2400 EU/t, not 24000. I would be interested in how you want to maintain that reactor, it goes critical in 6 seconds and needs 7min cooldown after that. This means you get 33EU/t out of it over time. A basic MK1 can produce more than this. I would suggest taking out 7-8 cells, which downs the efficiency only from 4.44 to 4.35 and keeps the output at save 2000EU/t. If you really think about using this to conserve uranium I suggest building 2 or 3 breeders, far easier than this setup and you won't create giant holes in the landscape. Maybe it would be possible to increase the tolerance of steel cables to 2400, as that is the maximum possible packet size, but I really don't see much use for it. You still need to split this into 4MFSUs to not bottleneck somewhere. Also I am not sure, but what happens if you connect a cable to another side of the reactor? Would it send one packet of 1200 to both sides? If yes you can just use this splitting.

Yes, this bug is most notably if you use the Explosion setting of the laser. If you hurt yourself with the explosion, even if it only half a heart, your empty lappack disappears. Has something to do with packs being considered armor. Only thing you can do until there is a fix available is to unequip when its empty. Falling is another cause of sudden Lappack disintegration.

I get a crash, yes i did the thing with the z, when i take advance machines out it works fine

Crash Report:

Seems like you are lacking IC².

I already patched that in an older version of IC². You need to decompile IC² with MCP, using the fixes posted in the addon section. The file you are looking for is called something like blockrubberwood.java. There is a method that only returns a value and has piston in its name. Just delete it, recompile, reobfuscate and you are done.

I really miss moving rubber trees with pistons, because it made farming rubber really easy, maybe too easy, thats why it got removed. I am kinda split between opting for being able to move them or against it.

If the author doesn't support it it could be a lot of work to integrate it. If you are fine with using another mod for that I can recommend forestry. I works fine with rubber trees (the rubber tree version of its planter) without the need for another addon.

I can suggest you the same I did in a thread about a similar problem in. It is basically an auto-reset of the line if there is no power flowing. Use an EU-detector cable and if there is no signal coming from it start a timer to power an EU-Splitter cable for a bit, this should cause a similar update as removing and replacing a cable. Easiest way to do is with RP, but it is possible with vanilla redstone, although a bit harder. I will try to work out a setup for such a reset, might come in handy.

This really upgrades a Nether base which is only used for farming blaze rods or nether wards to a full fledged base. Because before you would need to transfer everything using your inventory, which is limited and always requires time to load the other world. Also while you farming nether stuff your pumps are active and produce lava cells you can use in the overworld then. Only because time stands still doesn't mean that the things you put in the chest can't be used. If I am going to play SSP again for some time I am definitively installing this mod, finally the times are over when you needed to go up only because you forgot to bring iron. Just store everything in the chests and you can access it in both worlds.

Yes it is true, that some articles don't contain the necessary information, but I have yet to find one page that didn't tell me how to craft the stuff and try it myself. I see experimenting as some kind of feature in IC² and while sometimes the item is useless after all you also find some nice stuff while trying it out. For example testing yourself what energy source is better instead of reading mathematical breakdowns of materials used for each version like it is on the MC wiki, at least I think so.
    I really like the style of the wiki, because while you wait for your Macerator to finish grinding your first iron dust you can browse through the pages and just read some nice lines instead of only numbers like "Absorbs 7 points (3,5 hearts) of damage, has a total of 9001 durability. Crafting this armor is slightly less efficent than crafting bronze armor, but this effect might be outweghted by the added protection of 10% against Creeper explosions." on every page and some tries to soften up the read with a sometimes even more number-heavy trivia section on the bottom.
    Also if you insist on numbers to be posted there, what are they going to tell you? That bronze armor has 10% durabilty more than iron? Well bronze should be chosen over iron no matter if it has 5% or 20% more durabilty. Also please keep in mind that the community of vanilla MC is at least 100 times bigger, most likely far more than that, so you have more people who decompile the game to look up the correct values or spend hours testing out probailities instead of playing the game or writing addons for an awesome mod.

And about the whole "admins delete information users put up on the wiki", please name it correctly as "admins delete information users put up on the wiki which is against the rules". Fact is it is not allowed to post the UU-Matter recipes, so it is fine to delete them after they were posted. Like in a message board where you are not allowed to post certain content, would you complain to the mod who deleted it argueing that it cost you a lot of time to make that post? Well if you do enjoy your ban there...
    And if you really need the recipes install one of the following mods: Recipe book, Craftguide, Not Enough Items or look it up on one of the many sources outside of the wiki. Putting it on the wiki page is going to spoil the fun of people who want to find it out themselves.

With forestry you can (slowly) make dirt from cobble. Set up multiple peat farms. One stack of bog earth uses half a stack of dirt and half a stack of sand (=cobble), but turns into a full stack of dirt. It is slow, but you get some nice fuel while doing this. I had 4 peat farms running and had too much peat, even a setup of ~25 peat engines sending it into a EU-converter couldn't burn everything. Ended up feeding it into a recycler^^

Iridium is supposed to be a pain to get. If you could extract it from gold dust you could get it too soon and reach the end game far too early. The Quantum suit makes you invulnerable and gives you really good abilities, I don't want it after my first or second mining trip.

The problem I see with only using a NOT gate is that you shut down the line and don't unlock it again. If there is no power flowing the detector cable will never change state. Using only a NOT gate works fine if you want to shut off another line, but not the same.

This is what I am using at the moment:

Also doesn't look that bad from the ground:

Gives around 150-220 EU/t depending on the wind and costs far less than a solar farm. Also it is more compact. Only problem is that the tin cables tend to burn out, but usually only one line, which shuts down the complete system. This also prevents destruction of windmills due to outputting more than 5 EU/t. You can replace tin with Diamond or splitter cable to prevent the loss of tin, but then you might want to secure your windmills another way or use one tin cable as a fuse before feeding it into a transformer.

Based on the layout by SpwnX here:
    http://forum.industrial-craft.…ad&postID=26575#post26575

Really strange bug there, sometimes this also happened to me, but usually just once, so I didn't need to constantly replace a cable. I am not sure how it works, but if splitter cables cause an update to the Enet you might be able to do an automatic reset for that power line.

As you have redpower it should work quite well. Basically once the detector cable goes off start a 1s timer that turns the line off, then back on. That might fix your problem.

Breeder info says you need about 9 buckets, maybe 10 buckets is too much^^ Also the breeder relies on water cooling, but hot breeders vaporize water near them. Put the water sources at least 5 blocks over the reactor, this way the flowing water will vaporize, but not the water source.