Posts by z3rO

Because netherrack is as abundant as Clobstone (Heck like 70% of the whole nether is Netherrack). Glowstone is not. I want to make gunpowder a little easier to obtain not to make it exploitable like hell.

Why not 9 neitherrack dusts-1 dust we can use to craft TNT?
    That would be fair enough.
    If there is a reason to use neitherrack to craft TNT, ofc

Wut? Saving tin ? i've got like 5 stacks of tin blocks and using a lot of cells for water and lava cells. you don't have to save it too much as it is ridicously common especially if you use red power.

Ye, but if you'll start using it up it will end soon, and the most pain in the ass is to move all your stuff to new place, not counting the energy you will loose.
    Thats the only reason for tin-saving suggestions. For me, at least.

Definitely MUCH more then 30 seconds. Unless you want a bugged and SMP-infunctional Luminator.
    1-2 hours of total work, most likely.

Wait wait wait...But i thought Jeb said that now SSP and SMP are the same, SSP just creates a local server, that should mean if something works in SSP it will in SMP, right?

Yeah, but to most of us, (Me included) it feels like cheating.

Its not till you just enable some feature.
    Ofc, making a solar panel giving 1kk EU is cheating, but why just enabling/disabling a feature is cheating?
    Making miner mining RP2 ores is cheating too then.

For the one who said that bows doesn't belong to the industrial age, hawkeye would like to have a few words with you.

Whats wrong with clear separation of different eras/centuries/as you wish to call that?

but my point is still the same, in this application you would not build a reactor when a much simpler battery would suffice.

The main thing that this suggestion is already denied.
    That means it is invalid from the start, and further discussion does not make sense.
    Its not about that the suggestion is bad, but its denied.

A NEW BOW TO MINECRAFT!

Ye, and we need to add a fiber pickaxe...No guys, anything, but NOT a BOW. Its industral age, not medieval age with carbon and electricity discovered.
    At least because the only thing should change to it is the durability, but the damage should be the same.

It would draw and reduce the reactor's heat, and provides a faster furnace

Why do you need a furnace even faster then induction one?
    Why not an insta-smelt one then?

It's stupid, since Scaffolds are a much more efficient Fuelsource.

Oh, nice, you can't burn wooden halfstabs in generator, but can burn scafforlds...

The main idea of my first post was to add crops so that you could rely entirely on crops for materials

Even if they add all those plants, you just won't be able to rely on them for resourses. At least because of how much they give you and how long they grow.

But I don't wanna make a tree farm!

You don't need to, you need only to plant some, chop them down and put logs into your furnace.

Seriously to achieve the same amount of energy you get with blaze rods you need to burn 1,2 lava cells per minute. You can gather about two stacks of them in a minute in the nether if you are quick. That's enough for over 1,75h, so it leaves you quite a bit of time to mine the 32 tin(16 ore) you need for it. Not to mention geothermals don't waste energy in the beginning when it actually somewhat matters.

Ah, i understand now.
    You choose between time or resourses waiste. I think ill go to time better.

Don`t pick on me z3r0, i am the one wondering why copper cable does not melt when transfering 128 EU/t, so i tried and all my tests showed it does not work.

I didn't, i just showed you why, thats all.

and afaik looting 3 requires quite a lot of experience(at least 200 mobs)

You can get it after some blaze farms. You don't even need it much, and not "III"

And your calculations are wrong, a blaze rod gives 5 blaze powder, not six.

I really meant the EU you get from them. That should be 6k or 6.000. Ah, np, let me fix it...

You can earn energy way faster by spamming lava cells.

Don't really understand how...
    If using buildcraft-matter of transportation, and Ghasts. If using just cells-runing over to the neither and back is kinda long+tin.
    Im not kinda the one who keeps tin, but in THAT case it will be waisted extremly fast.

Biofuel and Coalfuel just cant compete with those and arent even considered when choosing what to do.

64*4000=256.000 EU from one stack of coal.

64:6=~10 cans of fuel from tack of coal. Thats ~764400 EU.
    But you need 7*10=70 tin ingots for fuel cans, and 6*10=60 tin for cells+you'll have some seperate cells.
    70+60=130 tin dust, 130:2=65 tin ore, ~~768 EU per operation, 65*768=49920 EU for all the tin.
    764400-49920=714480.

And now look at the wall of text with counting for the coalfuel. See the difference?

They do burn in a generator, but they produce just 6k/piece so I don't get the idea behind that.

8 minutes of fire resistance potion is enough to get ~32 blaze rods. And its only if you haven't got looting sword.
    32*6000=192.000 EU.
    Sooner or later you'll get your looting III, i get 64+-15 rods. Sometimes more.
    70*6000=420.000
    But you can have TWO spawners nearby, so instead of waiting till blazes spawn again you can go to the 2nd. That will get you even more rods.

But, isn't the fog it the only thing that adds interest in walking around those "underground fortresess" any fun.
    ...and i really don't know if you can code that "fog" change using mod.