[Change] Luminators

• Currently when luminators are wired in parallel and all run off of a batbox they all flicker on and off untill enough charge builds up in their internal batteries to keep them lit for an entire energy net tick.

This causes intense lag, from around 5 luminators onwards. Granted I am running on a limited platform at the moment however I have been able to get the game to 20 FPS, the game drops to 1 - 5 FPS until the luminators manages to sort them selves out because of the lighting updates.

What I am proposing is that once a luminator deactivates it cannot reactivate until like a 5 second delay? A simple code change but it will allow small amounts of parallel luminators to run without using a lot of CPU.

Could I also confirm that other people get this issue as well and its not just me?

• Type Luminator into the search and there is not a lot of posts which come up about the rework of luminators.

That post you linked me to, doesn't appear to have any official comment from a developer? Just people from the community claiming its in for a rework.

• The second Quote was from IC²-VERSION 1.81!!!

i say if he really wants to bug the crap out of alblaka over this and get banned then let him. it will be interesting to see how he convinces alblaka that luminators are not already slated for a rework :D

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Im not asking for a rework to magically appear, im asking for a temporary solution which will allow them to be used in a reasonable way....which from a programmers perspective I don't see why it cant be put in in 30 seconds.

I suggest that if people want less repetition of threads then a sticky thread is posted with information in like what has been discussed in this thread.

• Im not asking for a rework to magically appear, im asking for a temporary solution which will allow them to be used in a reasonable way....which from a programmers perspective I don't see why it cant be put in in 30 seconds.

I suggest that if people want less repetition of threads then a sticky thread is posted with information in like what has been discussed in this thread.

the stickies say run a search at the top only those who don't read them wouldn't know that

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

Im not asking for a rework to magically appear, im asking for a temporary solution which will allow them to be used in a reasonable way....which from a programmers perspective I don't see why it cant be put in in 30 seconds.

Considering that Alblaka doesnt even know Parts of the IC²-Code (i saw a few examples of that), the fact that an IDE (for example Eclipse) needs ca. 15 seconds to start on an average Computer, and the extremly dense Code of IC² (I have not even found that Part of the Luminator after 10 minutes), i would say it would take half an hour.

• the stickies say run a search at the top only those who don't read them wouldn't know that

I have read them thank you very much, and I have searched but admittedly didn't go beyond the first page, for the simple reason I dont want to be going through a hundred different posts to try and find something that might not be on here.

• Considering that Alblaka doesnt even know Parts of the IC²-Code (i saw a few examples of that), the fact that an IDE (for example Eclipse) needs ca. 15 seconds to start on an average Computer, and the extremly dense Code of IC² (I have not even found that Part of the Luminator after 10 minutes), i would say it would take half an hour.

30 Seconds, to write the code.

I know full well the time implications of finding code in a large project.

Although with an IDE, again if its managed properly luminator should be in its own class file.

• Official Post

Although with an IDE, again if its managed properly luminator should be in its own class file.

Believe me its not in one classfile, its spread over multiple files along the whole IC²-code.

And running a Search with the content "suggestion luminator" would've brought you to many denied Suggestions.

• Official Post

Definitely MUCH more then 30 seconds. Unless you want a bugged and SMP-infunctional Luminator.
    1-2 hours of total work, most likely.

Definitely MUCH more then 30 seconds. Unless you want a bugged and SMP-infunctional Luminator.
    1-2 hours of total work, most likely.

Wait wait wait...But i thought Jeb said that now SSP and SMP are the same, SSP just creates a local server, that should mean if something works in SSP it will in SMP, right?

also IC² is still on Version 1.2.5, which has no Server/Client-merge.

Ah, so it comes only for those pre-releases, ok.