Posts by z3rO

And why don't we try to make items in toolbox manageable only when it is placed?
    So, you place it, pick a tool you need, put those you don't need, pick your box up and continue mining?

As of 1.70, CF can cover & harden around a placed cable, creating a block that functions as a cable but looks like a CF wall. When a "CF-cable" block is destroyed, it drops the cable it was created with.

As of 1.70

*goes to main page*

IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.106! (For Minecraft 1.3.2)

v1.106

Huh?
    1.70?

All what OP said is actually config releated.
    There is no need to "balance" anything, its much easier to add some options and let players to choose how they want to play.
    Possibly each player can make his own "balance" in the mod, but, i think, most of the players would play under default "conditions".

TARGET THE NUKES! WE'VE GOT A TINPINTCHER OVER HERE!

Meh, according to "tinpintcher" definition i am a tinpintcher too, because i would better build a house out of tin than waste it for cells.

Rendering 48 macerators and all it's cables, pipes, filters against six, making sounds, routing electricity and materials forth and back is not negligible, i think.

If counting ONLY macerators, yes, perfomance is better, but apply cabels and pipes for that, and they become almost equal.

Actually no, because 10 macerators need more rendering, 5 macerators with overclockers needs faster rendering, so they are equal probably.

common yes, but that doesn't mean it's not expensive. it might be cheap in end game, but early on it's still quite expensive.
    it'd be nice if for example the overclocker would now only need 1 coolant cell instead of 3

Why would you need an overclocker in early game?
    They were made as an late-game upgrades for your machines, instead of implementing some addon.

now I noticed when crafting an overclocker that the overclocker recipe uses the new coolant cell. but that means you need 12 tin total to craft 1 overclocker...

12 tin? Seriously?
    Even in original IC2, without additional mods, its VERY common.

But he did say... well anyways: is this minor-release thing planned for the 1.3.2 version (aka: the future)?

I mean I do love IC² and it is currently the only reason for me to still play Minecraft, however every release so far had it's quirks, e.g. the 1.95 version where water mills weren't working reliable and therefore were useless. Minor releases could be a solution here.

Why do we need to update 1.3.2 version if 1.4 is as close as it never was?
    That would be a waste of time.

It literally took me ten minutes to learn the basic commands on how to save commands, make "macros", activate wires by colour and at aprropriate time. If you're not willing to do that, GL playing any of the more advanced mods(IC, RP, etc.). The fact is that you've already spent way over an hour even on learning just IC if you know what each of the machines do and how the wiring system works.

Hey, its not hard to learn how IC2 wiring system works, but RP2 computer isn't the same difficulty. The FOURTH i mean.
    And i don't think much of the players would like to strain to learn FORTH, even the basics.

Its already there in form of the Computer.

Computer from RP2 makes you go for learning FORTH to understand simple basics, this thingy doesn't.
    And i don't think much MC mod players wan to learn programming to play a game.