Posts by z3rO

I could see this idea working parallel with ALbos in the near future, where you give machines chip boards to work from, and those boards can overclock, overcharge, and overextend the usage of said machines pending other recipe induced adjustments...

Any links to the info, or maybe you could tell more about those chips?

But you could use a rocket-launcher that fires sticky-rockets (if you are hit, you blink like a creeper and explode after some seconds) or a weapon that fires bouncing projectiles. These are probably harder to implement, but aren't simple bigger and better guns. If it comes to weapons originality is better then just copying real weapons... there are enough other mods that do just this.

Lol, that just reminded me of "bounser" weapon from some game i dont really remember...
    But it fired a giant thingy looked anti-boad mine whitch exploded in 10-20 little ones, and they were jumping all round everywhere (cause they was like rubber balls) and exploaded if they hit your enemies. i dont think that would suit IC, but i just told you the thing i remember.

Anyways, good idea about those weapons, just need to think about it more.

Secondly, laser guns aren't in almost any fps's. Also, the three weapons work well to counter each other.

laser guns

Thought that your are talking about normal weapons, not the lazer ones. Still there could be more ideas for lazer weapons, not just a shotgun, rifle and sum machine gun.

Sooo.... basically a one shot weapon is balanced? The point was for the weapons to balance each other in pvp. Also, clearly Al doesn't share your view about peaceful difficulty because he added shields in the original IC and has had tesla coils for awhile. In addition to this, he has also talked about adding more pvp themed ideas. You seem to have missed the point of having three weapons.

Ah, you are about pvp...Then its ok that one shot kill gun will be unbalanced that way.
    Then i saw this thread i thouht about: "why don't we add smthing to finish that enderdragon?", didn't thought you were talking bout pvp, my fault.

ITNT looks fine. Overall recipe looks very reasonable too, but i still don't like 2 re-enriched cells.

Me too,i think we still need to put some integrated plantings for protection.

And i really don't understand why enriched sells anyways?

One reason most people don't use the nuclear generator is because you have to manage it and watch it

Erm...I don't? And thats not only me i think...
    Its just a matter of planning. You can put every part of your reactor as a cell, but to input buckets of water using pump into it, so you dont need to watch it. Not so much to do, but not everyone want to make all those buckets&shit.

You can make more energy using water mills when using solar panels, it depens on planing.

If you can figure out a way to have the game balanced with crazy weapons like rail guns then go ahead.

Tons of resourses to make one, has only 5 shot clip, needs 1.000.000 EU to be charged, but kills any mob instally.

Just an example.

...Wh...What?

It isn't?!

Its not, its an RPG sandbox game...Ah, just kidding :P

Its a builder game or...Really dunno how to name it correctly, but its not the game of surviving mod waves, right?
    Its game where you need to kill mobs not cause they are trying to kill ya, but to get resourses to build or make smthing, so it not survival game. You can just put it on peacefull and thats all, no one cares.
    Why do we need much weapons then?

I think we just need some high-cost kill everithing weapon, to get rid of, for example, enderman near our house cause he trying to steal our blocks. Then go to bed and look how the rest of them burn.

Ahhhh...Guys, its not that.

If you whant weapons, try WW2 guns, but IC2 isn't that. Moreover, thingy you just told seems too raw and default.

Yes, maybe its good, but its better to think of smthing better?

Why dont we add a railgun as a weapon? It really exsists and as powerfull as we need.

Its just default weapons, but we are in MC, not in some zombie survival game.

The only how we should implement plazma, if well ever do, is like a plazma gun, as its the only way to have it...Or to shoot anything with a railgun, that thingy will become plazma, but as railgun is too big to carry, i dont think we need it in ic2.

But lightsaber is already good for killing all those creepers&stuff, we dont need more weapons.
    Maybe one shooting weapon, but no more.
    Its not PVP mod for having lots of weapons.

I don't think we should ruin other ppls' addons, as they were working on them for a long time to make everything working, if Alblaka will make smthing similar, there will be no need in those addons, that will ruin all the work.

Moreover, i think Alblaaka knows that, thats why there was nothing added yet.

both breeder reactor few compressors and advanced circuits and aux power source needed for real nuke.

also viable option to have nuke as TE object with cells loaded after placement, this will allow to put not fully enriched cells for less power, but still explosion.

But don't forget, we don't use fuses for explosion anymore, sooo, we need smthing instead it.
    Why dont we add clock into the recpie? That would cost more cause of gold, and t could be used as fuse and timer.

Moreover, just making it like clock+circit+gunpownder+cells will make it raw, just a bunch of electrythingys with cell and pownder.

We need to put it somwhere, somwhere where our uranium wont hurt us.
    Why dont we put it into a box of advanced alloy or integrated reactor plantings when? That will make proper "box" for our nuke.
    And that wont damage the realism you whant, as we still need small uranium for the reaction.

I ended up with this:

:Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: MinecraftSlime
    :Uranium Cell: :Coal Dust: :Coal Dust:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Advanced Circuit:

MinecraftSlime -clock
    :Coal Dust: -gunpownder
    :Intergrated Plating: -planting\alloy

And i think we need to change it texture to proper color if we will but into a "box" of alloy or the thingy you would like, so it wouldn't like a stack of dynamite with "nuke" label on it.

Because dynamite acts on a 3x3x3 area. Throwing it on the surface is wasteful.

And it's not like i have an endless supply of gunpowder because i haven't made a mob grinder yet. Nor do i intend to until i have reached a stage where i wouldn't gain infinite power from doing such a thing early. Mob farms to get gunpowder is unbalanced and as such i prefer not to cheat myself.

It kinda counting how big your grinder is, but, anyways, after having diamond armor and a diamond sword, or even a light saber, you won't need any of grinders, as killing creepers will become easy and you'll get yourself dynamite ti mine the whole day before next night comes.

Or just damn farm a ton of those, that would do too. As light saber is re-chargeble, you don't need much armor even...

Isn't AOE mining already implemented as a ton of throwable stiky dynamite?
    Its crafted easilly, why don't you guys use them?
    Maybe i like EE idea but don't like its "magic" side, but only thing that we could add from it is, maybe, transmutation using that "brewing stand" thingy or add smthing our, but not more.

In RedPower2 are Tin and Cooper too, is the way to make Tin and Cooper from RedPower2 the same Tin and Cooper from IndustrialCraft2?

I heart that Eloraam with rename them for copability, Tin will be renamed to zinc, dunno bout copper.

this would fit much better in IC as opposed to RP.

It would fit both of them, i think, sinse you can easilly use all 2 mods, and using RP makes red stone much easier, the question is-who will do it better, and who will ever do it?
    Sinse Eloraam is making a computer now, i dont think there is time to do a keycode door.

Just a different flavor of enchants that seems more realistic and futuristic.

Dunno even how to imagine that...But in time well see, good that there ever be done smthing for it.

Just lets hope that chemistry will use MUCH more kinds of resourses then alchemy now does.