[Suggestion] Plasma Equipment

• I have had an idea for a collection of equipment that includes Plasma Batteries, Tools, Armour. Plasma Batteries would work like a Lapotron crystal but can store a greater amount of energy, and the other equipment needs to contain power all ways as they will always be active unlike Nano Saber. One example of this would be if an tool is in your inventory or hot-bar it losses power. The recipe ideas may look like this:

:Energy Crystal: = Plasma Battery
    :Industrial Diamond: = Lapotron
    :) = Place holder
    MinecraftNotch = Diamonds
    :RE Battery: = Meant to be Batteries

Plasma Batteries
    :Lava Cell::RE Battery::Lava Cell:
    :RE Battery::Industrial Diamond::RE Battery:
    :Lava Cell::RE Battery::Lava Cell:

Plasma Tools - Pick
    MinecraftNotchMinecraftNotchMinecraftNotch
    :):Glass Fibre::)
    :):Energy Crystal::)

Sword
    :)MinecraftNotch:)
    :):Energy Crystal::)
    :):Glass Fibre::)

Plasma Armour - Chest
    MinecraftNotch:Energy Crystal:MinecraftNotch

And finally you would be able to have a box that doesnt allow energy to be lost via this would require

MinecraftNotch:)MinecraftNotch
    MinecraftNotchMinecraftNotch MinecraftNotch

and that is my idea thanks for reading :D

• Plasma is ionised gas then the air around the Diamond would become iaonised therefore form plasma :D

Plasma doesn't quite work like that. Plasma is a fourth state of matter that nobody really cares about because the only place it naturally exists is in stars. It occurs at extremely high temperatures, the lowest being just over 10,000 degrees farenheit. Which is above the ignition point of diamond, and even above the boiling point of anything we currently know exists. For that matter, there is a 3,000 degree difference between highest boiling and lowest plasmification.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Plasma doesn't quite work like that. Plasma is a fourth state of matter that nobody really cares about because the only place it naturally exists is in stars. It occurs at extremely high temperatures, the lowest being just over 10,000 degrees farenheit. Which is above the ignition point of diamond, and even above the boiling point of anything we currently know exists. For that matter, there is a 3,000 degree difference between highest boiling and lowest plasmification.

Eh? Isn't a plasma cutter emitting plasma?

• Plasma doesn't quite work like that. Plasma is a fourth state of matter that nobody really cares about because the only place it naturally exists is in stars. It occurs at extremely high temperatures, the lowest being just over 10,000 degrees farenheit. Which is above the ignition point of diamond, and even above the boiling point of anything we currently know exists. For that matter, there is a 3,000 degree difference between highest boiling and lowest plasmification.

Doesn't plasma make up the space in blood between blood cells and platelets? I've seen that in a book. I suppose that is definitely a difernet kind of plasma, but you said the only place it naturally exists is stars, so i thought I'd point that out to you. Ah well, I'm just surfin' the forum right now, sorry for the off topic.

• Or have a more "realistic" way of doing this and have it consist of nano batteries and heat-resistent clay and electro magnets to contain the plasma as Michio Kaku suggested for a LightSaber? Still would just burn things. Not very effective as armor.

• The only how we should implement plazma, if well ever do, is like a plazma gun, as its the only way to have it...Or to shoot anything with a railgun, that thingy will become plazma, but as railgun is too big to carry, i dont think we need it in ic2.

But lightsaber is already good for killing all those creepers&stuff, we dont need more weapons.
    Maybe one shooting weapon, but no more.
    Its not PVP mod for having lots of weapons.

• Doesn't plasma make up the space in blood between blood cells and platelets? I've seen that in a book. I suppose that is definitely a difernet kind of plasma, but you said the only place it naturally exists is stars, so i thought I'd point that out to you. Ah well, I'm just surfin' the forum right now, sorry for the off topic.

Well, yes, but that's a different kind of plasma. It's Medical plasma, as opposed to physics plasma, which is being talked about here.

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• On about 80% of suggestion threads, it ends up about how "realistic" the suggestion is. This is not what we should be debating. Typically, the suggestion is something like a new tier of machines or tools or generators or batteries or what-have-you. What we SHOULD be debating is whether or not we want/need a new tier. That being said, plasma tools is technically impossible. If you REALLY want plasma just imagine that the mining laser shoots it.

I wonder how many cells I can put into my reactor before it ex... BOOOM!
    :Uranium Ingot: + MinecraftCreeper dust+ my friends base= fun

• On about 80% of suggestion threads, it ends up about how "realistic" the suggestion is. This is not what we should be debating. Typically, the suggestion is something like a new tier of machines or tools or generators or batteries or what-have-you. What we SHOULD be debating is whether or not we want/need a new tier. That being said, plasma tools is technically impossible. If you REALLY want plasma just imagine that the mining laser shoots it.

If a suggestion thread derails into "how realistic" it is it normally means the suggestion wasn't that great to begin with.

• If a suggestion thread derails into "how realistic" it is it normally means the suggestion wasn't that great to begin with.

lol you have a point. People need to be vaguer in their suggestions so they don't end up a thread full of wiki-links and science that I don't understand.

I wonder how many cells I can put into my reactor before it ex... BOOOM!
    :Uranium Ingot: + MinecraftCreeper dust+ my friends base= fun

• Plasma could easily fit into industrial craft. Most likely the plasma won't be used for tools.

Actually you could use plasma as a tool (we do this in reality) because with enough power it is easy to create a plasma-cloud. You could "throw" this plasma in a certain direction (it won't go far, because it will cool down, so plasma-weapons would be rather useless, because the "plasma-ball" will rapidly lose energy^^. But you could utilize plasma in advanced machines for manipulating surfaces (to reduce friction).