[Suggestion] Different recipe for dynamite

• The current dynamite recipe requires to build 3 standard TNTs first, and therefore requires a total of 15 gunpowder before you can craft dynamite. Unless you farm Creepers a lot, you usually have superior tools available before you have gathered 15 gunpowder. I therefore suggest to change the recipe to require 1 gunpowder, 1 sand and 1 string for 2 dynamite (15 gunpowder = 3 TNT = 4 industrial TNT = 32 dynamite, so 1 gunpowder ~= 2 dynamite).

This would allow players to use dynamite much earlier in the game, as you just need sand and wool (frequently available) and 1 gunpowder to craft TNT. This would be a more appropriate form of mining instead of using stone pickaxes.

• You know what's funny, I was just thinking this the other day when I was making a new world. I was digging it out and thought that dynamite would be way easier. But alas, not nearly enough resources to make them. +1

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• i like this idea!
    allow to use gunpowder early game as i never had 15 gunpowders before nanoarmor... maybe as a second crafting recipie will work great.
    It remove the needs of flint, but u need way more string and sand to craft the equivalent quantities of dynamites... so i think this is also kinda balanced...

+1 at this

• You do realise that you can make gunpowder with dusts, right?

You do realize that using 4 Coal and 5 Redstone for 3 gunpowder isn't a good deal if you're going to use this gunpowder to dig down with dynamites, right ? (Because obviously, with 3 dynamites you won't find 5 redstone + 4 Coal, unless being lucky/on ores that you already see and for the ones you shouldn't use dynamite instead of pickaxe/drill).
    I won't mention the maceration, because I guess what I said is already enough to destroy your argueing. And he talked about the begining of the game, when you can't waste Energy/Maceration Process to do soemthing like that instead of going to kill 10 more creepers.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Railcraft adds Sulphurore, Saltpeterore and Charcoaldust (covertjaguar was faster than me with that). Guess what you could do with that. And if you dont find those two Ores, then look in Deserts and at Lavalakes in Extreme Hills.

• Railcraft adds Sulphurore, Saltpeterore and Charcoaldust (covertjaguar was faster than me with that). Guess what you could do with that. And if you dont find those two Ores, then look in Deserts and at Lavalakes in Extreme Hills.

I wouldn't say as many people used railcraft with ic2 as buildcraft/RP2.

New recipe would be nice. ;)

• I love it how Greg has a solution for everything with just another addon. He just never realized I am talking about IC², not Railcraft, not Buildcraft, not Redpower, not whatever, I am talking about vanilla IC².

• Minor edit: This mod as well allows you to convert wool into 4 strings. I was tired of farming spiders.

This is already done (in less OP) by the macerator: put a wool in and it will return you a string.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!