Posts by Geo Terra

The infinite gem isn't as OP as you think it is. The highest voltage you can output from a storage unit is 512eu/t. So to get the energy out of the gem, you need a storage unit. And that limits the eu/t to 512.

I guess that isn't too bad. So long as the ore is sufficiently rare enough as well, I'll have to relent. I might give it a shot for doing a showcase at some point, at which point, I'll send a PM to the author.

For anyone wanting a quick overview of two of the new boats (the rubber dinghy and the carbon fibre canoe), I did an add-on spotlight of CiderBoats a while back. Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTq6r8EPH3M

Not sure if the recipes had changed, but the video should give a little bit of an idea of what the boats are capable of.

Well, You could make a website using Google Sites. If you find a good template you don't have to do a lot of work. Here is a site I made for my friend and my server, using google sites. It has a blog feature under the information hyperlink

If you just need webspace send me a pm, you'll have to install/pick a forum/blog soware on your own though (I can help, but I'm usually busy)

I'll give Google Sites a try first and see how it goes. If that falls flat, I'll make sure to talk to you imer. Thanks everyone!

We promise not to crucify you so long as you don't mention those two particular mod packs anymore. :P

Anyhow, that is actually, a really nice design. Functional and aesthetic at the same time, you don't see much of that around here. At least...in my experience.

Please read the PDF at https://dl.dropbox.com/u/48335821/Modders/Thunderdark.pdf regarding permission to use your mod(s).
    Any issues opening the document, drop me a note.

Thanks!
    Graham Campbell,
    Lead Developer At MineUK,
    Part Of The MineEU Network.

*facepalm* Please, for the love of Mojang, read the preceding pages before requesting permission! Thunderdark is NO LONGER developing this mod, ownership has been transferred to Calclavia of Universal Electricity.

I would really like the option of being able to insert machine upgrades via a shift-right click in a similar style to the Factorization Barrel and Router Upgrades.

The reason? At current moment inserting upgrades into a machine seems a little inconvenient, as least to me. The inconvenience being having to open the GUI of the machine then dragging in the upgrades. So why can't we eliminate the middle man? The player would still have to divvy up the upgrades in their inventory, then they can shift-right click to insert all of the upgrades they have in their hand into the machine.

As for removing the upgrades, the player would still have to go into the machine GUI to retrieve them.

Thanks for your time.

While I am all for the addition for 'better' fighting solutions to IC2, I think that any weapon suggestions are denied until the release of the supposed "Industrial Conflict" PVP add-on that Al and RG(?) have hinted to a a number of times in the past.

Not sure how this would work exactly, what do you have in mind? If both GT and ODF are overwriting the same recipe, one has to take priority.. currently this "priority" can be set in their respective config files (enabling/disabling GT unification targets, and ODF enabling/disabling PreferredOres and replacement types).

What I had in mind was if the unificator targets were the same for ODF and GT, wouldn't it be possible for either one to look for each other's config and look up the enabled targets and set them based on that? I highly doubt that Greg has any plans to change the locations and names of his config files and the identifier for the line (ThermalExpansion = true, and such). However, this would have to happen in whichever mod that initializes last. Isn't it possible to look up in Forge which mods have been initialized and loaded?

Exactly, this is the barrier. Not going to reflect into Eloraam's code without her permission. Maybe something to consider for 1.5 once RP2 is updated, but honestly I'm holding out for a better solution which doesn't require this kind of mod-specific code (either modifying the items at a lower level, which may or may not be practical, or something higher-level in Forge itself to avoid the duplicate ore problem entirely - maybe this new FML findItemStack API or similar?). Fortunately IC2 has a fairly liberal reverse-engineering policy so it was the perfect proof-of-concept for this mod. For now, to workaround the problems in editing RP2 Alloy Furnace recipes I've set the default copper/silver/tin ingots to RedPower's (and IIRC GregTech does this too probably for the same reason).

I believe Greg did that as default for those exact reasons (plus he likes/loves Redpower, so....). I can fully understand your want to hold out on this until a better solution comes around, and I don't blame you, if I were in your position, I wouldn't want my mod taken down like the "legendary" (can't think of a decent word) EU-BT converter mod that lived for a very short time here and Elo had it taken down. Besides, I can kind of see where her logic is considering RP is still in prerelease.

(Couldn't think of a better thread title)

At some point in the relatively near future, I want to set up a "blog"/forum (like Al's blog and this site) where people can gather, post their (for now) Buildcraft (shush GregT, I know how you feel about BC) blueprints, talk about them, and possibly improve them. I have plans to eventually expand that to schematics and such.

I was wondering if anyone out there could recommend a decent free forum provider that could help get this idea started? I would like a semi-decent rate of customization & spambot-protection (so no PHPBB-based captchas, Veovis on the Mystcraft forums informed that they're broken) for the forum.

As for the blog, I might just end up using Tumblr or Blogger and linking back to the forum.

A nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Mr. Omega

His thread was deleted, so he cant create a new one, because mffs is not only a ic2 addon anymore or something similar (I dont know exactly what the reason is, but its dumb)

Calclavia, if I recall correctly, has officially adopted MFFS as a Universal Electricity submod that has IC2 integration. The reason that his thread was deleted was that MFFS is no longer considered an IC2 add-on (that being a mod that REQUIRES IC2 to function), which to be honest, is rather dumb. I would go into a few reasons that I can think of, but I'd rather not go into it as I would like to see this thread die peacefully; which I'm not helping much... >__<

It's been a while since I last played with Logistics Pipes, but if I recall correctly, isn't there a module that allows you the option of defining what materials are to go into the connected inventory? Or rather, keep a certain number of items in the inventory?

I just looked at the wiki, try using an ItemSink module on the chassis attached to the Mass Fab and saying that it's a sink for scrap via the GUI.

Sadly true, but the bug-fix release date is completely random and could be tomorrow or next year, completely dependent on Eloraams mood. However you can use RP if you watch a few things, but if you don't your server will lag horribly from even a single setup. And if you try to feed animals using a deployer it will just simply crash the server on the last wheat. ;)

Also her work schedule. She has stated that the reason for her long silence during the interim between 1.2.5 and the 1.4 arc was that her work made it extremely difficult to get around to coding.

The only fact i dislike about MFFS is that i'm obligated to use forcicum to get Force Energy. [I know we can make forcicium from energy but thats silly]
    There should be an "energy only" conversion.

To put a logical, if far-fetched, guess to it: Forcicum is a crystal that, when energy is forced through it acts as a prism, but not in the conventional sense. This special prism is capable of calibrating (is that the right word?) the energy to a specific wavelength/frequency/resonance that does not naturally occur in nature that results in what we know as Force Energy. The reason that the Extractor is capable of generating Forcicum from energy is the use of the Forcicum concentrated in the Force Crystals as a catalyst to influence the energy as it progresses through the "stages" of matter (energy -> strings and so on).

I do apologize if this seems...out there. As I'm typing this I am morbidly exhausted and when I am in this state, my mind runs away from me and slips through a Heisenberg Gate/Point into a parallel plane.