[Addon 2.0] NetworkAnchor 0.10.3e

• This mod is now maintained by Zuxelus here: [1.7.10] Ztech - Collection of Addons
    License:
    This addon is provided 'as is' without any warranty. Author of this addon is not responsible for any harm that can occur from using of this addon, you use at you own risk.

Description:
    This addon brings intelligent chunk loader block called "Network Anchor".

Statement for modpacks: you are free to include this addon into modpacks.

Dropbox mirror (includes previous versions)

• It sounds like the world anchor from Railcraft, but it's nice being able to get one without playing RC. But It's also a way of buffing those OP green gens :/

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Definitely an interesting concept, although are you certain that such a thing should be available so soon and cheaply? Railcraft balances it by making the world anchor expensive.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Railcraft balances it by making the world anchor expensive.

Are you kidding me ? Replacing diamonds with Diamonds Block and Gold with Gold Block wouldn't be enough expensive to me ... think that anchor allow solar pannels and others greengens to work continuously ...

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Definitely an interesting concept, although are you certain that such a thing should be available so soon and cheaply? Railcraft balances it by making the world anchor expensive.

Don't know, if think about realism then this device is anomaly and should not exists and/or do nothing, and nothing should costs nothing. On other hand it can be treated as some hub or network utility/control device, then it probably should be more advanced.

• I personally dont care how expensive it is, I think the idea of it hooking into your energy net to keep your entire system loaded is just damn cool. And saves on server load if you have wacky shaped large bases.

• Consider altering the network discovery mode, so it simply stops at 25 chunks instead of giving up completely. Some of us have huge power networks, usually on servers. I've done some crazy stuff using EV cable and HV transformers.

// First, try to add to a nearby chest
    // Second, try to add to adjacent pipes
    // Lastly, throw the object away
    code comments in Buildcraft litterbug quarry

• Consider altering the network discovery mode, so it simply stops at 25 chunks instead of giving up completely. Some of us have huge power networks, usually on servers. I've done some crazy stuff using EV cable and HV transformers.

I was already thought about it. I'm wonder what is exact behaviour should be? Probably it should select closest chunks, so it be some kind of circle shape, and there is then trouble to understand which chunks is loaded, so there should be some visualization, which I currently don't know how to do.

• This mod will be really useful because I have a whole network connected together and instead of using the Chickenchunks chunk loader I can just use this one. Thanks LostCoder.

The next tutorial is for people who like to whore out on Solars:
    How to make the most out of a chunk loader (IC2 Solars):

Requirements:
    0.) IC2 (maybe add advanced solar panels mod or compact solars)
    1.) Railcraft
    2.) Chunk loader mod/block (ChickenChunks, RC World Anchor, Network Anchor, Teleport Tether...)
    2.) Mystcraft

How-to:
    0.) Make some solars
    1.) Make a Mystcraft age with no weather and eternal day
    2.) Make a cart, 2x Linking Books and assign each book to the desired spot, make an energy loader and unloader and gather 36 Mystcraft Crystals
    3.) Lay down tracks and construct the 2 portals
    4.) Make the solar array and connect it to the energy loader
    5.) Put the energy unloader in the overworld and connect it to your storage/energy net
    6.) ???
    7.) Profit!

Optional: You can also use the GregTech IESU instead of Tracks, portals, rails and carts, but at that point you probably don't need much more EU.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Really like the idea of the mod. Yeah balance issues can come later TBH. Sure if you ask for crazy recipe mode the author will provide. But lets get through the rough stuff first ;)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Very interesting mod.

Make the Chunkloader consume EU (adds more balance if you have to keep it supplied with EU) based on the number of chunks he keeps loaded. Let him interact with redstone signals so he can be turned on or off via simple lever or via complex redstone / and or computer craft stuff.
    Any suggestion how much EU/t he should consume per chunk?

• Y'know, these EnergyNet anchors are going to go exceptionally well with BeamMeUp when I have that ready -- interdictors can't get their internal EU storage refilled if their generators aren't chunkloaded, and this would make them exceptionally easy to chunk load.

Nice addon, LostCoder, it's a brilliant idea. I'd like to second the request for making it select up to [a configurable number of] chunks, especially if you find a way to visualize the area.

• Very interesting mod.

Make the Chunkloader consume EU (adds more balance if you have to keep it supplied with EU) based on the number of chunks he keeps loaded. Let him interact with redstone signals so he can be turned on or off via simple lever or via complex redstone / and or computer craft stuff.
    Any suggestion how much EU/t he should consume per chunk?

I like the idea of the NetworkAnchor consuming EU to chunkload, also the the Redstone on/off idea.

For EU/t to consume... How about making it configurable with 5 EU/t being default? I say configurable for server owners who want to use this, but don't want people to spam the Anchor early on. Also, have it accept LV (goes without saying, but still...)

I think I'll add this to my mods list. This is definitely a cool mod.

Y'know, these EnergyNet anchors are going to go exceptionally well with BeamMeUp when I have that ready -- interdictors can't get their internal EU storage refilled if their generators aren't chunkloaded, and this would make them exceptionally easy to chunk load.

Nice addon, LostCoder, it's a brilliant idea. I'd like to second the request for making it select up to [a configurable number of] chunks, especially if you find a way to visualize the area.

BeamMeUp? I think I like the sound of that. :thumbup:

And I third the configurable chunk number option too.

• So here is version 0.02.

I'll completely rewrite algorithm, so it now spread cpu load across ticks, therefore it should not produce lagspike when scanning large networks (1000+ block), however it may take some time to complete scan. You can specify whether it should scan faster or eat less cpu per tick by changing "BlocksPerTick" option into config file.

I'm also add handling of multiple tickets. This means that now it should be able to handle networks larger than 25 chunks. Theoretically with default config it should be able to handle up to 25 * 500 = 12500 chunks. However occasionally minecraft can run out of memory and finish with corresponding exception.

There is now a weak indication on what happening with anchor. Textures may dissapear from block sides, it will be fixed in upcoming releases.

Shaded icon on block sides will tell you which mode it is using:

• grid - means stand-alone mode;
    • something like cable - means network mode.

Colored square on top of block tells in which state it is now:

• gray - idle, doing nothing, it also will be used when there is not enough energy (not implemented yet);
    • orange - scanning network/building chunk list;
    • green - scan finished and chunks succesfully forced, which means everything should be ok;
    • red - scan finished and there is some error, most probably there is not enough tickets;
  • I know it's been a few days (6 as of this post), and I was wondering if there are plans to update this addon, or will it work with IC2 1.112?

• Mister_Omega, uploaded. I'm added support for energy consumption and then there is new API, I just messed a bit.

Energy consuption is disabled by default, but if someone wanted to test it can be enabled via config. "EnergyPerBlock" specifies how many EU to consume for each found energy tile while scanning (when scanning is done it will not consume energy). It is currently support any tier and has internal accumulator of 10 000 EU. Also indication completely die in 1.4.6 so I remove it, there is now fixed texture.

In plans to add GUI. GUI will display statistics, instead of output it into chat, it also will have upgrade slots, so ability to change "BlocksPerTick" option will be replaced with ability to put overclocker upgrades.

P.S. I don't use code from decompiled IC2, only it API, so I guess it will be ok to publish source code, just in case.