Farming enderpearls?

• What is the easiest way to farm enderpearls? Once you have large amounts of infrastructure, it seems like it's easier to get diamonds or even iridium plates than trying to hunt down endermen one by one. Has anyone thought of a fast way to do it with IC2 mod items?

and modifies ALOT of recipes so be warned!)

That is what the ALL-POWERFUL CONFIG FILETM is for.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• It can be done in the overworld too without a recipe addon. Just build an electric mob farm and make sure each layer is at least 3 high. I have done this and can confirm that it works. My design involved tesla coils, but uninsulated cables is clever too. It's probably more power-efficient. Could be more material-efficient too, but I'm too tired to do the math.

• Get GregTech addon if you are already at end-game and want enderpearls.
    It adds a UUM recipe for them (and modifies ALOT of recipes so be warned!)

First time there is no link for "enderpearl farm by SpwnX" and all that ^^
    And here was the right area to say it.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Config Files are for pussies *flies away*

That's why the only time I ever touch a config file is for altering block IDs.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Well, there is one way I saw. 2 high 3x3 room outdoors with no walls(used half-slabs for a roof, which was cool), and a bucket of lava(and stuff to deal with other mobs, obviously). Basically you make a zombie proof entrance(half slab with two blocks worth of space between it and another half slab), and you look at endermen who are nearby. They flip out, you look away, they walk towards you, you dig a quick hole and fill it with lava, then remove it after the enderman walks in it. Sometimes gets you enderpearls.

Though there IS a addon out for enderpearl farming. Like, growing plants which drop enderpearls. It's even updated for 1.4.2, so you'll know which one it is since the rest of the crop card addons are outdated.
    If you fancy yourself a botanist with IC2, it's easier then hunting them. It also has mushroom crops now, much to my delight(stew and magic mushrooms, here I come!).

And yeah, only real valid use for most config files is ID fixing. Or disabling conflicting things. Such as Railcraft Steel tools for my install. IC2 bronze tools as well, but can't be done. Shame really. There's a way around, but I have yet to test if it actually works, or if IC2 screws up that as well. I will have my Metallurgy Bronze stuff, one way or another.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• If you just want some pearls, there is a quick solution using Buildcraft. Dig a big cave near your spawn point with Filler (or a big box), and light it with redstone torches only. All sorts of nasties will spawn there, including endermen.

Or go hunt in The End.