Posts by blub01

How should that works with crops you do not know? But wanted to have... (I mean you never discovered it but know it)

Edit: Also that would add a Server Requirement. Since if you play on a Server the server tells the Client how much he did already Research and stuff... So that removes the point of that thing... It should be a Helper tool not a additional mod...
    Also you can compare the atributes in the CropAnalizer to make that acutally happen.

uhm.. i thought this was supposed to either be integrated into IC² exp or classic. and what i meant was: you analyze crops, you learn genome, the tool tells you breeding chances for different crops for a crossbreed pair of your chosing.

EDIT: typo

but I think it should be something research-based, so you would, for example, have a machine called analyzer or something that figures out the crop DNA, consuming it, and you'd have to do that quite often to fully figure out the DNA, and you can figure out the mutation chances of crops you have the genome of. genomes you don't know completely might work,too, but the values are of, the less of the genome you know, the more they are of.

oooohkayyyyy....... wtf? i gues you could explain this relatively easily with some weird multiplication going on, but does it happen every time? if it doesn't, explaining it will probably get tough.

you need SOME base values to calculate from. the obvious choice are raw materials. but a hard value for silicon is pointless, that's true, but actually for fireball to fix. and the values should be dynamic, but depending upon recipes, and thus mods, and not directly upon mods. and this whole discussion is kinda pointless, isn't it? this thread has totally derailed from "what to do with the kilotons of copper and tin i find" to "how to fix that darn silicon dupe with EE3".

EE3 could fix it. or add the possibilities to do so. that's a lot of "i"s. Pahimar doesn't only aim for an epic EMC calculation system, but also the possibility to fix buigs yourselve, which you for some reason don't think is godd, at least it sounds that way.

I'm not talking realism here, but balance. in AE2, you're supposed to get silicon from quartz, in enderio you get it from sand(and clay, if i recall correctly), so it shouldn't be registered as the same.

my whole point is that AE2 silicon requires quartz, not FRICKIN SAND, and that, if anything, these darn recipes of OPness should be removed for AE2 silicon. might be balanced with enderio silicon, not with AE2 silicon.

GregTech manages to block a crapton of recipes from a gazillion of different mods. it shoudln't be hard for EE to block that particular one. for that matter, AE2 silicon and EnderIO silicon shouldn't be registered with the same name in the OreDictionary, that would solve the issue.

the whole reason I'm complaining is that silicon, which is (in AE2), if i recall correctly, made from quartz, has an EMC value of 1 then, which would be.. a bit to low i think. i think it's supposed to be harder to get than that. i don't recall all the recipes right now, but I'm pretty darn sure that AE2 silicon is NOT supposed to literally be cheap as dirt. enderio has a recipe to turn sand into silicon, btu that has something inbetween a 1/4 and a 1/12 chance(don't recall it right now).

uhm, that's the opposite of nerfing, but meh. it makes more sense to remove the recipe though, that's true.

EDIT: or make it so that you have to pulverize the sand beforehand, giving no output but one -insertwhateverplaceholderitemhere- as a secondary output of 1/256 with no possibilities to modify it.

There's no point adding an EMC value to it just to not be able to use it. I'd only have an EMC value of 1 anyway, as that's how much sand has.

the mechanic is that you can't take it OUT of the transmutation table, you can still put it IN though. pahimar did that for ores, so there would be no free ore doubling-quintupling, depending upon the mods installed, but you could still use it as a form of furnace, even though it's wasteful with oredoubling mods installed.

it's not "nerfing it to irrelevance" it's "fixing all the dupes", who were the major complaint with EE2. Pahimar added these options because he knew he couldn't fix all dupes with all mods.

EDIT: somebody gotta do something about those quotes.

It's added by AE2, not EE3, so it's designed to be learn able so you can use EMC to make everything in the mod. Lazy devs = lazy gameplay

pahimar deliberately added the possibility to make each and every item in the game impossible to pull out of the transmutation table, the list of those items can be edited by say, server owners or players who don't want dupes in the game. that is what i meant. does nobody here watch forgecraft? they talked about the stuff in EE3 there.