Posts by blub01

Well i would say: EE3 is still wip. So do not use it.
    Use Project E instead which seem to be very stable and much further build then EE3...
    Also it allow automation...

well, you can't DO much with it, but transforming items, but I would say the code of the mod is not WIP at all. The code is all there, it's just not used by much right now. i mean, seriously, you can even assign EMC values to items that don't have one by default. it calculates the EMC for items crafted from them if you restart the world, too. the system makes sure there are no dupes, like there were in EE2.(at least as far as i know, it works perfectly, too) I would not call that WIP at all. and who says automation won't come. also, don't complain, you can transmute 8 stacks at once. automation isn't THAT much of an issue.

or EE3. that adds it totally legitimate, without the need to abuse cross-mod incompatibility.

no idea if it's the right or wrong place, but i know of to soluions to the problem: you can either change worldgen so only one type spawns, or you can just exchange all different ores for one(with cheats, that is, but you don't cheat anything, as all the ores are oredictionaried). The first possibility is used in FTB modpacks, the second is done in the code of gregtech, it's called unification. that's ways to get rid of 4 kinds of copper/tin, even though unification wouldn't really help you with your particular problem.

the spawnrate might/should be adjustable in the configs. you can go there and set it to "0" everywhere but for one mod. I think that's how FTB does it. otherwise, install EE3 and turn it into other stuff.(not exactly what you asked for, but it IS a way to get rid of it)

wrong. at least the last time i played with it, there was this thing called "industrial coil", which can store quite a bit ofpower(especially the one made from bedrock which can hold simply craptons), but you cannot put power in and out at the same time, you have to toggle modes with a redstone signal. also, you can only see the power stored if you rightclick it with a certain tool(forgot the name, it's in the in-game handbook).

yeah, you need high-tier engines to run the extractor continuously, and it is very power hungry. before that, you need to deal with the wonkiness of RotaryCraft's's power storage system.

To be honest, anything more than 2x is overkill unless it uses it. Factorisation was an exception as it takes so long to go from 2x -> 3x per processed ore.

well, rotarycraft can be considered an exception as well, as it takes even longer(at least in earlygame). later on, you can make the crazy amounts of power to keep the extractor going all the time, and it also isn't too spimple to craft.

also, voltage is coming back. nothin even remotely like an ETA yet, bit it's official that it is coming back, better than ever before.(also, the necessary calls are already in the code, they just aren't used right now)

Well it depends how you want to make it, and also how much coverage you want to have. If you want to have only basic stuff then you simply go by crafting recipes and FurnaceRecipe & OreDictionary with that you cover about 50-70% of the stuff...
    (Incuding ic2 machines)
    But the problem is modintigration. Most mods use their own RecipeHandlers which make looking into recipe results and inputs like almost impossible/hard to work with...
    (Thats why i make my recipes always extend the Base Classes so they do not need special care for detecting stuff)

well, i tihnk NEI has support for quite many mods, so you might be able to use the recipes it finds if it is installed. also, for stuff that doesn't work, maybe add a cheat command that allows to assign UU values to items either with ID or to the item you hold in your hand, like EE3's solution to the issue?

So, one possibility to drop UU prizes is to generate as much area as possible? also, the most simple solution to the issue is to count every item and block in the world, and maybe give plants (ore dictionary names maybe?) flat values, maybe editable in the config.

i think the beyond reality sereis caught me as well, and the first ksp video i saw was one of his. sad he apparently doesn't continue RSS. and that he doesn't upload very often XD

badtranslator turned "thou shalt not kill" into "This is not a murder.".

lol.

EDIT:

Original text:

"thou shalt not kill"

...9 translations later, TransPerfect gives us:

" Shalts.
    "

transperfect is definitely best at removing meaning from a sentence.

and at not translating, apparently:

Back to English: Shalts

To German: Shalts

To Spanish: Shalts

To Turkish: Shalts.

Back to English: Shalts.

To Polish: Shalts.

Back to English: Shalts.

Either that wiki is racist(unlikely) or a bad joke. read the page about the macintosh.

EDIT:
    From English: Dragons fly over the water
    To French:
    Back to English:
    To Portuguese:
    Back to English:
    To Dutch:
    Back to English:
    To Italian:
    Back to English:
    To German:
    Back to English:

lol. badtranslator literally got NOTHING.

EDIT 2:

this time around, i got:

Dragons fly over the water

to

Eby deltas skrzydowej gua.

wait.. is that even english?