What to do!

• It's added by AE2, not EE3, so it's designed to be learn able so you can use EMC to make everything in the mod. Lazy devs = lazy gameplay

pahimar deliberately added the possibility to make each and every item in the game impossible to pull out of the transmutation table, the list of those items can be edited by say, server owners or players who don't want dupes in the game. that is what i meant. does nobody here watch forgecraft? they talked about the stuff in EE3 there.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• pahimar deliberately added the possibility to make each and every item in the game impossible to pull out of the transmutation table, the list of those items can be edited by say, server owners or players who don't want dupes in the game. that is what i meant. does nobody here watch forgecraft? they talked about the stuff in EE3 there.

I am watching forge craft way to much... And yeah i know that but i do not mention that because EE3 is still under dev soo...

• Official Post

pahimar deliberately added the possibility to make each and every item in the game impossible to pull out of the transmutation table, the list of those items can be edited by say, server owners or players who don't want dupes in the game. that is what i meant. does nobody here watch forgecraft? they talked about the stuff in EE3 there.

Yeah, but that's not how it works by default. I never understand why you'd add a mod like EE3 and then nerf it to irrelevance.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• it's not "nerfing it to irrelevance" it's "fixing all the dupes", who were the major complaint with EE2. Pahimar added these options because he knew he couldn't fix all dupes with all mods.

EDIT: somebody gotta do something about those quotes.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

• Official Post

There's no point adding an EMC value to it just to not be able to use it. I'd only have an EMC value of 1 anyway, as that's how much sand has.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• There's no point adding an EMC value to it just to not be able to use it. I'd only have an EMC value of 1 anyway, as that's how much sand has.

the mechanic is that you can't take it OUT of the transmutation table, you can still put it IN though. pahimar did that for ores, so there would be no free ore doubling-quintupling, depending upon the mods installed, but you could still use it as a form of furnace, even though it's wasteful with oredoubling mods installed.

• Official Post

The EMC value was added so you could take it out though. Just because Thermal Expansion goes and breaks things doesn't mean silicon needs to be nerfed any more than lowering it's EMC value.

I see this too much.

• uhm, that's the opposite of nerfing, but meh. it makes more sense to remove the recipe though, that's true.

EDIT: or make it so that you have to pulverize the sand beforehand, giving no output but one -insertwhateverplaceholderitemhere- as a secondary output of 1/256 with no possibilities to modify it.

• Official Post

Stopping you from learning silicon is definitely more of a nerf than just fixing the EMC value to match the sand it's made from. EE3 is still being fixed to work out things like that automatically though, so I'm sure it'll be worked out to prevent it happening in the future.

I see this too much.

• the whole reason I'm complaining is that silicon, which is (in AE2), if i recall correctly, made from quartz, has an EMC value of 1 then, which would be.. a bit to low i think. i think it's supposed to be harder to get than that. i don't recall all the recipes right now, but I'm pretty darn sure that AE2 silicon is NOT supposed to literally be cheap as dirt. enderio has a recipe to turn sand into silicon, btu that has something inbetween a 1/4 and a 1/12 chance(don't recall it right now).

• Official Post

The point is it's Thermal Expansion adding the recipe, so the only way to avoid an EMC exploit is to drop it's to 1 EMC. At least EnderIO has a random chance, TE's is 100%.

I see this too much.

• GregTech manages to block a crapton of recipes from a gazillion of different mods. it shoudln't be hard for EE to block that particular one. for that matter, AE2 silicon and EnderIO silicon shouldn't be registered with the same name in the OreDictionary, that would solve the issue.

• Official Post

No it wouldn't, EnderIO by default overrides the AE2 recipe, so unless you change the config option you won't even have the old recipe. Not to mention, it's still overriding the item, so EnderIO doesn't add it's own silicon with AE2.

I see this too much.

• my whole point is that AE2 silicon requires quartz, not FRICKIN SAND, and that, if anything, these darn recipes of OPness should be removed for AE2 silicon. might be balanced with enderio silicon, not with AE2 silicon.

• Official Post

It's Thermal Expansion that's in the wrong, as usual, making it a 100% drop.

I see this too much.

• I'm not talking realism here, but balance. in AE2, you're supposed to get silicon from quartz, in enderio you get it from sand(and clay, if i recall correctly), so it shouldn't be registered as the same.

• Official Post

No, I totally agree, but that's on AE2's back letting EnderIO do it more than it is EnderIO doing it in the first place.

I see this too much.