IC is dead

• IC is dead (atleast it seems so).
    Mods Like TE,EIO and most notably Big Reactors came out of the ground and made IC useless.
    I like IC more than for example TE, because of its Style and its balance.
    The reasons why IC is unused:

-The Voltage System (one of the key features of IC) has been removed.

-Some machines in other mods do the same as IC machines, just better.

-Some machines/items in other mods are far OP, thats why no one uses IC reactors anymore.

• also, voltage is coming back. nothin even remotely like an ETA yet, bit it's official that it is coming back, better than ever before.(also, the necessary calls are already in the code, they just aren't used right now)

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• Official Post

Well duh IC is dead, it was last updated for Minecraft Beta 1.7.3

No idea what you guys are talking about :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• nah, IC1 is dead. IC is the general term for all IC versions, including IC1, IC² and IC² experimental.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

• Official Post

nah, IC1 is dead. IC is the general term for all IC versions, including IC1, IC² and IC² experimental.

Not really - IC1 was always called IC, and IC2 always IC². It's only now that IC is so old that no one calls it by it's proper name

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Then that's not our fault is it?

I see this too much.

• Well OP compared to IC2.

Well they are op because you gain as much as you want from almost nothing. A bigReactor has almost the same material cost then a IC2 Reactor (even less i think) and you gain much more power out.
    If you want to play OP then play OP. But IC2 is not dead. Even Exp is not dead.
    If you want voltage and explosions use the config of Exp or IC2 Classic that is even like the old one.

• Official Post

If we went OP, then OP would have to be redefined. At which point we wouldn't be again.

I see this too much.

• part of the problem is integration.. if you guys just let the machine use redstone flux it would not be the biggest issues.. but you don't and it is..

the machines for mekanism for processing are awesome.. 5x ore! it is complex to setup but not too bad..

imho add a simple option to use redstone flux.

fix ore processing to be a bit streamlined ( no more nuggets )

IC2 tries to be alot .. weapons armor ore processing .. it might be doing too much and people don't like that?

• part of the problem is integration.. if you guys just let the machine use redstone flux it would not be the biggest issues.. but you don't and it is..

Well i guess you do not know how powerSystems in code work... FIrst Redstone Flux is code wise so limited that some addons would be not working really/they would have to make so bad solution that these would be called laggy and no longer used...

Other Thing Redstone Flux has not its own EnergyNet... It is only an API which provides an easy way to store and Send Power between machines. Cables are not included. Thats why you see so many mods making their own powerPipes because they have no other choice!
    Also, The Redstone Flux Transport system (based on Thermal Dynamics) is not the best solution to send power, because when you overdrive everything the system will start to cause lag thanks to all Multiblock parts it is letting tick. So if you have 500-1000 ducts that are 1000 things that will tick. (Even if they do nothing they check if the do something)
    Compared To IC2 (Exp) is that almost the same system but the difference here is that the processes will be splitted into small ones and calculated in threads, which will not effect the world directly because it happens next to the WorldTick and not in the World Tick (the longer the world needs to tick the bigger the lag is) and that keep the lag smal. Even if you did place to many cables...

the machines for mekanism for processing are awesome.. 5x ore! it is complex to setup but not too bad..

Well i saw at Vaygrim's lets plays how these machines work. Yeah you gain 5x OreProcessing but what do you do with all these Resources? IC2 Exp has already a stable 2,2 times resource gain. And also you gain other resources from this process...
    If you want to have 5x Processing use Mecanims and if you want it hard then use Factorization which is also an awesome way todo it and this one i would not call OP (Like Mekanism)

IC2 tries to be alot .. weapons armor ore processing .. it might be doing too much and people don't like that?

Question. Do you know why the Mod is called "Industrial-Craft"? It is called like that because it adds the Industrialization to the game. So you can industrialize everything that you want. Look into the history books and read that. Do you really think that they have something like that you want in that time? Mekanism is fun mod to play with. I am not against that but it explode the things by way to much... So if you want to raise the other one side which you think is to low. Simply decrese the side which is to high... That is by the way easier then the way you request...

Leaveing now -.-"

• Official Post

imho add a simple option to use redstone flux.

It's neither be simple nor sensible. Everything uses RF, so all our generation would be irrelevant. What if RotaryCraft used RF, would anyone bother with it's complicated and dangerous generation, or a big reactor?

fix ore processing to be a bit streamlined ( no more nuggets )

1. We make dusts not nuggets
    2. That's the opposite to the we should join the processing war to beat Mek argument just above

It always has done. We've not expanded out any further since the hayday.

I see this too much.

• It's really hard to take seriously any mod that goes beyond 3x ore processing... except perhaps RotaryCraft.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Official Post

To be honest, anything more than 2x is overkill unless it uses it. Factorisation was an exception as it takes so long to go from 2x -> 3x per processed ore.

I see this too much.

• To be honest, anything more than 2x is overkill unless it uses it. Factorisation was an exception as it takes so long to go from 2x -> 3x per processed ore.

well, rotarycraft can be considered an exception as well, as it takes even longer(at least in earlygame). later on, you can make the crazy amounts of power to keep the extractor going all the time, and it also isn't too spimple to craft.