Posts by Max Shen

I think a few blocks could use the ever-handy "redstone signal = off" mechanic, and the corresponding Redstone Signal Inverter Upgrade. Things like heat machinery, kinetic machinery.

I personally haven't written an article because... I haven't gotten around to it (same with every other page). Anyways, if the Electric Sorting Machine is like a filter, then I use the Item Buffer as a check valve. It is actually two check valves in one block: four horizontal inputs (blue) are stored in a separate internal inventory as the two vertical inputs (green). The Item Buffer is approximately 96% more useful if you add Ejector Upgrades in the bottom slots. I have some suggestions for this block, but I'll put them in a suggestion thread.

"EU/t & EU/p" appears to have given way to "current & voltage". This is evidenced by the tooltips of Cables and Transformers, the explicit mention of "current" and "voltage" in the IC2.ini, and the EU-Reader. I assume you have enabled that setting in the IC2.ini, otherwise to use Transformers at all is useless as MuaveCloud mentioned (the first point is correct, also). I'm still experimenting to learn just what current and voltage are in this mod, but they've been there for 9 months at least (according to the changelog).

Also, in Step-Down mode a Transformer will split the high-current high voltage and share the output among the other five sides..

Never fear, Mine_Sasha! (maybe this should be its own thread) Here are the exact values of crop humidity bonuses per biome type:

Code
    {SAVANNA=-2, JUNGLE=10, DEAD=-10, NETHER=-10, END=-10, MUSHROOM=5, RIVER=2, FOREST=5, PLAINS=0, MOUNTAIN=-5, HILLS=-5, SWAMP=10, WASTELAND=-8}

And here are the nutrient bonuses per biome type (there are none):

These biome types are from a list provided by the Minecraft Forge API, and each biome can have multiple tags. Theoretically, someone could add a swamp-jungle biome which would get a total bonus of 20. The tags are defined per biome when the mod registers the biome with Minecraft Forge, specifically a call to registerBiomeType(). Here are the possible tags:

If you are ever unsatisfied with how IC2 handles biomes (for example, you want the MESA generic type to have a humidity bonus of "-5"), you can make a small addon to add a biome bonus. The IC2 API gives addons the ability to do this from ic2.api.crops.Crops. For example, in your PostInitializationEvent EventHandler:

but they are somewhat limited in usefulness because you really can't transfer items very far without investing ridiculous amounts of resources.

Luckily, vanilla minecraft does provide mechanics to transfer items over long distances: Powered Tracks, Tracks, Hoppers, Droppers, and "Minecart with Hopper"s. This is assuming automation is required, otherwise use the Enderchest.

I don't think there is anything above it, because I still have 3 Macerators (since I can choose between the two possible Titles).

Unless: the next title is at 10,000 posts! And it is hidden from forum operators like SpwnX!

Volcanoes with Surface-Accessible Central Lava Chambers™

Lava does not exist in "chambers", because it is by definition exposed to the surface (although lava lakes found in vanilla Minecraft would satisfy these conditions). Magma chambers are a real thing, but by definition they are not exposed to the surface; in fact, magma chambers are at least 1km underground.

drain below Bedrock (which is presumably supposed to be the mantle)

Since magma chambers are farther underground than 64m (the accessable world height in Minecraft) this sort of thing would be (quite) below the Bedrock layer. I think the traditional mindset is that the underside of the Bedrock layer is the Nether, however. Maybe that's why there aren't many volcano mods?

It's in the General Discussion section, so I maybe it has to do with "the rules, news and other things that could be usefull. But you talk here about the forum as well."

I would change the font of that logo at the top left of every page on the forum (in the banner). As it stands, you can hardly read the "INDUSTRIALCRAFT²".

How are you converting your RF to EU?

Have you factored in the cost of using the Magma Crucible, and the cost of using sugar for a Reactant Dynamo? Sugar can also be used to make a MFR charcoal, right?

With 9 ingredients in it the bioreactor produces 150mb per plant item.

Now you need to ensure that the Bioreactor always has 9 ingredients in it, or risk the loss of efficiency because the reactor is most definitely faster than your puny cropfield can sustain. I guess one way to solve this problem is by using a chest for each plant, then comparators on the chests and a 9-way AND gate which powers hoppers/item pipes to fill the reactor, and after a delay turns the reactor on or something.

231,250 EU in an efficency optimized compression dynamo ( or 174,000 in a railcraft boiler)

Speed is also a factor, for example 231,250 EU may not be as useful at 80 EU/t (assuming 1:1 EU:RF, apparently 80 RF is the bottleneck of a dynamo) as an instant 800EU/t from Redstone Dust. Obviously it depends on how fast the biofuel is coming in, which ultimately depends on how fast the crops are harvested. Remember that the time it takes to grow the actual crops is shared between all of these methods. I wish I had a good statistic for growth times or a formula to calculate them, but I have no idea how long it takes to grow IC2 crops. There should be a threshold at which it is more efficient to use a series of dynamos than simply harvesting Redstone Dust, given a constant crop field size.

For a railcraft boiler, you will have to do some serious calculations to find an optimal setup since there are the additional steps of converting biofuel to steam, and steam to whatever form of energy you can squeeze from it. I would imagine most steam-powered generators require a steady supply of steam to operate efficiently.

I wonder if Redwheat farms are efficient?

• 1 Redstone Dust = 800 EU, at a rate of 800 EU/t/Battery Block (lossless). = 800 * avg. drops * quantity (should be 11^2) EU/avg. growth time (in ticks) = 800 * d * q/ T EU/t

• Crop Harvester consumes 1EU/t = 800 * d * q / T - T EU/t

• Crop Harvester also consumes 100 EU per drop (another 100 EU if the cropnalyzer is in) = 600 * d * q / T - T EU/t

I wonder if you can make an infinite lava source using the melting mechanic of a nuclear reactor, cobblestone generators and pistons, and pumps... the pumps would have to be just outside the melting zone, because I can't find a way to retract pipes automatically...

EDIT: Nope. I tried, but it makes flowing lava instead of source lava (oh well).

The closest you can get to the sources are by disassembling or decompiling the developer jar. Personally I disassemble because it is lossless. One example of disassembly is the Class File Editor in Eclipse, if you just try and open an internal class of the IC2 jar from a Forge gradle setup.