Posts by mijnboogje

You don't balance a mod based on the lack/addition of another mod. Why? too many mods out there to try to balance yourself around all of them, instead you just balance yourself internally and accept that any mod you add will shit on any self-balance you made for yourself.

completely agreed, an verry good example is to add EE (equivelant exchange) to IC2, it fucks up all balancing in an big way

I don't know why, but i actually love this idea!

and indeed make in simpler for the sake of being simpler, even have an idea for the GUI for this,
    standard miner GUI with added slot for empty cells (maybe 2 stacks) (balancing issue)

and as last, make the output for both the filled cells and mined ores the same, so u will save more space in the frameship.

also for the extra function, the miner should consume the EU for both the miner and pump times 1.25
    so one miner operation and one pump action for one block digging.
    yea i know, i like balance. advanced comes at advanced eu cost :)

The Q-Suit run is already slowed down when it makes the player discovering too quicly new chunks. This Jetpack could have the same thing.

well done, you repeated exactly what i meant to say here, (forigive me, i have an LOL day if u know what i mean)

i really dont have anything more to add to this thread, so if it gets implemented i will look forward to it. if not, try creating this as an addon :)

Alright, valid argument there. let me rephrase mine as how i saw the situation.

my point of view of your first post was an speed exceeding the q suit sprint.
    now, some people i know have problems playing mc because of chunk loading when they travel in creative mode (fly mode)

if this add on will get implemented, i suggest it will not exceed the q suit sprint or the creative mode fly to make it useful to nearly all people.

back to your argument about chunk loading whining, (sorry :) )
    it is not in my interest to let the game develop to my specs and mine alone. i wish to see that all items can be lag free used by all players. so yes, chunk loading is an problem for those with low rate computers.

but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what i think. Alblaka can only say yes or no..

well,

I must say, i like the concept. only there are some technical problems to ceep in mind with super fast travel over land

1. the chunk loading will be very high, causing severe lag and for some crashes of mc client

- thats really the only one i can think of now, its plausible but not practical. sorry mate ;)

look Androsynth

i read ur post and understand what your arguments are, but with all things. even real life. change is always an possibility. nuclear power for example is an very efficient way to generate lots and lots of power, both in real life as in Industrial craft.

And the redstone part, well. it is dificult to design fail proof and noob proof systems to prevent an mk5 to overload and crater the server. but it is stil posible to design an system which will do just the same. true, it takes time and effort. but again, isn't that the fun of the game? try something.. doesn't work. try again!

I once designed an perfectly running ice CASUC beast with an gigantic system of pumps miners etc, effectively only pumping at 450 eu.tick (of 2000 total)
    this was all done with complicated red power systems etc. in my opinion, it is good for some change. every single mc version i went to CASUC reactors for power. and then i was finished. end game completed.

With the new line of coding making an good functioning reactor is more difficult true. but rewarding on the other side.

and yea, i can see how nuclear is OP. but try to use the mod pack of GregoriusT, it re shapes the IC2 in many ways. including solars macerators nuclears and some pretty neat end game power generators. which require up to 40 mil EU to START generating power. (fusion reactors)

wel... i can posibly write here til i am out of 10k characters about all of this. il just wrap up with this.
    if something change's, you should change with it. take the challenge to make it work for you! thats the point of playing.

i suggest, download the new IC2 and GregoriusT his mod pack. it changed ur MC as you know it,

hope i helped you an bit here ;)

Mark 1 EA breeder,

WARNING! this breeder will operate under the most extreme temperature and will require micro management to get it up to required heat, once on required heat this system is meant to maintain that heat at all times!

in order to achieve this components are used to cool the direct heat from the uranium cell, any excess heat will be directly fed to the hull and cause heating to the hull temperature.

shortly, the internal components DO NOT interact with the reactor hull. so once at target heat. it will maintain this heat until cooled down,

heating config.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…nfy0ujv1vcvqwqav2vkdd5bsw

Neutral heat running.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…ai61hlw8d6vrxe0iy442h049v

Recommended you have the thermometer addon installed to bring temperature of the reactor to target level.
    target level is 84% of max heat to ceep containment chamber intact (no melting your stone :) )

now, bring the reactor up to temperature as you see fit, either with 2 quad uranium cells to boost it quickly to the aprox heat level and continue with an single cell to micro it to target heat.
    once at target heat, switch to breeding set up.

run the reactor and replace isotopes when recharged. (should not take more then 400 ticks for them to reach recharged state)

Hello good sirs!

I have encountered an bug where energy stored in either an MFSU or MFE drains when connected to an miner (not in use miner) my search of IC2 forums resulted in no related topics, so i will post it here
    i have tested all other machines for the same glitch and i didn't found any similar glitches with any machine.

A brief description of the bug as i experienced it.

When an miner is placed in the word and connected with some (any cable) it will result in the connected MFE or MFSU (NOT BATBOX!) to be very rapidly drained of its stored power, when the cable between miner and storage is broken, the drain continues until all power is drained. As far as i am aware the drain only happens with the miner connected to the named storage items, can somebody test this is his or her MC and confirm this bug?

A fix for this bug is to simply save & exit and return to the game, the lost energy is placed back in the storage unit but the draining will continue, until completely drained again.

Tested in these ways,
    MFSU connected to miner. EU.tick to miner = 512 EU/Tick - full energy drain at max speed. continue after disconnecting cable Yes
    MFE connected to miner. EU.tick to miner = 124 EU/Tick - full energy drain at max speed. continue after disconnecting cable Yes
    Batbox connected to miner EU.tick to miner = variable, - energy consumption normal. no draining. continue after disconnecting cable No

I hope this report will be slightly useful for any dev trying to look into it.

Regards ;)
    Koen

Have you seen the GregTech addon? It has a lag-free theoretically infinite(I don't know if it's infinite, but in testing, I stacked like 100 blocks on with no noticeable lag increase) multi-block machine

alright, i see your point. but have you tried moving away from the working machine? say, out of the chunk to the mines.

couse what i tried to explain is an common problem for high yield factory's

anyway, i am unaware of the GregTech addon, so i cant reply anything usefull to that. for now. i wil logout.
    concider this post as my last. hope i have been of any help here :)

see you in about 1week or 4 months :)

I did not have time to read the whole thread but judging on the first post, here is my reply.

i am actualy an bit afraid of implementing an multi tyle machine set-up for the following reasons (i read an few posts)

1. the lag generated by the multi tyle setup would be large becouse of the various machine blocks must work together in an long chain, which results in an long sequence of command lines, which in turn leads to an icreased lag production for the same function. (and some extra's)

2. as stated in one, the increased lag is already known to people using large scale factory's. in order to use these they must be build in one chunk and they cannot leave the chunk or else the lag generation would prevent them from doing anything else.

3. finaly, the amount of coding required would be insane, and can be compared to what eloraam puts in her mod. (stil not in 1.3.2)
    (also can be compared to the BC systems of pipes and interacting pipes like logistics pipes)

so i dont realy see this suggestion as an big shot on the list. its not realistic as far as i see it.

conclusion, if you realy want this. u should head down the the modding section of this forum and try to collect some information about modding, and if you are capable of learning and using it in an good way. write and develop it yourself.

i hope you found this comment usefull, dont bother replying couse i wil be offline after this post for an unknown time (most likely months)
    IF you do have anything to ask about modding or making this mod possible please, ur welcome to pm me. (dont expect an answer soon though)

take care mate ;)

you make this thread re-revived again ... it was maybe noticed as unread for you but ... this thread is very old, and your answer, isn't only pointless because of it, but also without any interest in my opinion (you repeated what has been already said 2-3 times). Note that I'm not flaming you.
    So, this thread should be closed.

wel sir, just FYI

i have been offline for about 4-5 months now, so im not exactly aware of ANYTHING that has been going round these days.
    (the overhaul of nuke gens wil keep me occupied now)

but back to your final answer, yea agreed. on the info u posted here, it should indeed be closed as it is an useless topic.
    sorry to bother anyway ;)

yep, CASUC is completely removed from the current version of IC2

i cant blame them though, i realy realy pushed my reactors to pump out as much power as posible using CASUC, record was 2200 EU/tick (all complicated redpower blabla)

so yea, it kinda bums now, il have to re learn the entier nuclear power section to use it efficiently again, but i wil survive.... i WIL survive! :) lol
    i must say, i was asking for new component quite often. didnt realize it would be an complete overhaul.

just an quick question here,

how long is IC2 v.1.106 out for now? (released at what date)

i have been un able to log in to the IC2 forums for some time now becouse i was simply "off the grid" doint my internship.
    and for those who dont know, im studying for to be an merchant seafarer officer all ships.

hope u guys understand why i posted this question. and if u dont im just wondering! and could not find it

just keep in mind, this is not asking for an release date but rather the date IC2 v.1.106 was released.
    just read the forum thread in this spoiler, it is not an rule break.