Posts by Bratzi

I think that a few recipes could use a little adjustment. Namely, the electric furnace.

Would make more sense if it required a coil:

x :Resin: x

:Glass Fibre: :Advanced Furnace: X

:Copper Dust: :Electronic Circuit: :Copper Dust:

Where :Resin: = coil, :Glass Fibre: = tin cable, :Advanced Furnace: = iron furnace, :Copper Dust: = Redstone, :Electronic Circuit: = circuit

The MV transformer could use coils too:

X :Cable: X

:Resin::Advanced Machine::Resin:

X :Cable: X

Where :Resin: = coil, :Cable: = copper cable, :Advanced Machine: = basic machine casing

EDIT: not quite finished yet

Pumps have a weird recipe. Why use pistons when IC2 has motors?

LV-Pump

:Iridium: X :Iridium:

:Cable::Sticky Dynamite::Glass Fibre:

:Iridium: X :Iridium:

where :Cable: = copper cable, :Iridium: = iron item casing, :Sticky Dynamite: = motor, :Glass Fibre: = small bronze pipe

MV-Pump

:Intergrated Plating: X :Intergrated Plating:

:Intergrated Plating: X :Intergrated Plating:

where :Cable: = gold cable, :Intergrated Plating: = steel item casing, :Sticky Dynamite: = motor, :Glass Fibre: = medium steel pipe

Also i suggest a HV-Pump to make full use of the large steel pipe with 9600mb/sec

X :Industrial Credit: X

X :Electronic Circuit: X

where :Cable: = iron cable, :Industrial Credit: = steam turbine blade, :Sticky Dynamite: = motor, :Glass Fibre: = large steel pipe, :Electronic Circuit: = circuit

I installed Forge with the

forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2854-installer

and I'm running

industrialcraft-2-2.8.203-ex112

In most cases just take the reccomended file for the version you're trying to play on and you should be fine.

Ahh ok now I understand it. I enabled advanced tooltips already and I was trying things like appliedenergistics2:material#certusQuartzDust

With and without underscores. Also tried dustCertusQuartz etc.

with @3 it works for me too. Already implemented the recipe for normal quartz which would be

appliedenergistics2:material@0 = appliedenergistics2:material@2

if someone wants to add it too.

thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT: imagine all the customization possibilities now that I understand the whole system. :D

no but for real i dug through the appliedenergistics jar aswell and found all the recipe files. I really learned a tiny bit about modding or atleast about how these things are arranged and how they work in the progress. thanks for that too!

This is great, thank you.

With 7Zip I see it too. The compiler didn't show the assets folder.

I was able to add the charcoal to coal dust recipe that I copied to validate the method. Works.

But now I need to find out the ID of certus quarz, certus quarz dust and nether quarz dust.

I tried the following so far but didn't work:

minecraft:quarz = appliedenergistics2:nether_quarz_dust

minecraft:quartz = appliedenergistics2:dust#nether_quartz

minecraft:quartz = appliedenergistics2:#4772/3

How can i find out the ID's?

So I know now that I have to copy the macerator.ini file from the IC2.jar and put it in a folder in the config and add the recipe to the file. Like

minecraft:coal@1 = ic2:dust#coal

for making coal dust from charcoal.

But under what path can I find macerator.ini in the jar? I clicked through all folders that seem to make sense but I havn't found it.

This post seems related to my problem:

I can't turn Nether Quarz and Certus Quarz from Applied Energistics 2 into dusts in the macerator.

I think it worked back then.

Is it supposed to not do that? And more importantly: how can I add the recipe quarz->dust ?

Hi,

I'm playing 1.12.2, great that you guys still developing this mod.

I've seen theres pipes now, which is awesome. (the ol' fluid distributors were a bit clunky to be honest)

The tooltip says "make connections with a wrench", but it seems like I'm too stupid. Or am I ?

Is this a buggy thing or am i doing something wrong? I can't connect my pump to the ore washer. Is there a special trick or key that i have to press to make connections work?

Thanks and have a nice weekend everybody.

Ok, I see...

Well so it's more like

appliedenergistics2:material@4357 = 1000

or

appliedenergistics2:material@4357/0 = 1000

or

appliedenergistics2:material@#4357/0 = 1000

even tried

appliedenergistics2:material@[4357/0] = 1000 ?

But none of them worked. At least now the game doesn't crash anymore, but i still can't scan Certus Quartz.

If i hover over the item it says "Certus Quartz Crystal (#4357/0) 4357"

Do you have another idea what i could put in there to make it work?

Thank you for the answer,

I tried that already, but it throws me this error

"The game crashed whilst there was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail

Error: net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoaderExceptionModCrash: Caught exception from IndustrialCraft 2 (ic2)"

The section in my config looks like this:

; Additional initial uu values, a value of 1 equals cobblestone.

; Recipes may cause the final value be lower than the one specified here.

; Format: <name>[@metadata] = <value>

[balance / uu-values / predefined]

IC2:misc_resource#iridium_ore = 12000

IC2:misc_resource#iridium_shard = 1333

appliedenergistics2:material#certus_quartz_crystal = 850

Any ideas?

Hey there,

I'd like to add certus quartz crystal from applied energistics 2 to the UUM system of ic2.

as of right now it seems to not be scannable and thus not replicatable, which is unfortuante because I can replicate everything I need but certus quartz.

Is there a way to make it work on the scanner?

Oh thank you, that helped. :D

and how to figure out what <name>[@metadata] for CertusQuartz or any other item is?
    I tried AppliedEnergistics2:itemCertusQuartzCrystal = 350 , but it seems not to work?

Hey everybody,

is there a way to copy Certus Quartz from Applied Energistics 2 via UU-Matter? I can't put it in the Scanner, so i think the UUM-System works for Vanilla MC/ IC2 items only. But is there a way to add recipes from other mods?

[recipes]
    ; To modify recipes or add custom recipes, copy the corresponding .ini file to

; "minecraft/config/ic2" and modify it.

;

; Disable IC2 crafting recipes with the specified output, comma separated list.

; Recipes in the additional section below aren't affected.

; Format: <name>[@metadata], e.g. minecraft:bucket to disable IC2's bucket recipe from tin.
    disable =
    ; Purge crafting recipes with the specified output, including vanilla and mod ones, comma separated list.

; Recipes in the additional section below aren't affected.

; Format: <name>[@metadata], e.g. minecraft:tnt to disable crafting tnt.
    purge =
    ; Enable crafting of IC2 coins, otherwise they have to be spawned in and are thus limited.
    allowCoinCrafting = true
    ; Allow only IC2 circuits to be used in IC2's recipes.
    requireIc2Circuits = false
    ; Adjust smelting recipes to always output IC2 items if available.
    smeltToIc2Items = false
    ; Ignore invalid recipes.
    ignoreInvalidRecipes = false

This is the part in the config that i mean. I think that it must be something in the red colored line, but what do i have to write there?

I tried to disable the crafting recipe of the Kinetic Gearbox Rotor (Carbon) and the one made out of refined iron, since i read something about disableing recipes in the config, but i made no success :(

Can someone help me with that?