Posts by FnordMan2

Copper is quite "rare" at the levels I generally dig at which is 11-12. Apparently the hot spot for diamonds. Tin however is something I get a lot of when manually mining. Not a huge fan of automated mining, just feels so cheesy having machines play the game for you. Nothing like putting some manual labor into getting the resources, it actually feels like you're accomplishing something... in the game, that is. But everyone has their own way of playing the game and there is nothing wrong with that!

depends on your definition of "manual labor". I usually use a frame quarry and that requires quite a bit of manual labor to build the thing before it's operable. :)
    it's also ridiculously fast to the tune of it pulling out too much cobble and almost overloading a logistics pipe system sometimes

Might as well show this if you didn't understand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6DRDt2ZbUA

Boo!!! Totally understand why but Boo!!!!!!

Well, at least my base power will get less interesting to setup. No more 4 MFSU's in parallel to catch all the power from a full on CASUC.

Have no link. Just a massive BC/RP facility that could be done easier with logistics pipes once those are out.

Let me guess, something on the Pahicraft server? Some of the folks there have gone way overboard.

use mmvl its better

"it's better" oh you're specific.

and no: i'm not using any "launcher" given they're all equally pointless to me and have a habit of getting in the way of what I want to do.
    Should I really care about a "launcher" I could make my own.

Minecraft 1.3 uses at least 2 Cores. One for Client and one for Server, but it doesnt use a third one.

Prior to 1.3.2 I remember seeing something about how MC went multi-threaded, one thread for the game, another for terrain gen.
    No idea what happened to that after the SMP only thing though. May have been sorta removed given the server thread's handling that now.

The solar panels produce 1EU/t packets that do not (automatically) stack with each other. Glass fiber has a loss of 1EU/t per 20(or 40?) blocks, so the energy just disappears after traveling 20 blocks of glass fiber cable. Some of the energy from the solar panels is also lost to the copper cables, as they lose 1EU/t every 5 blocks.You should rather connect the solar panels with tin cable and use a LV-transformer to convert the energy into MV(128EU/t) before the 60-block long line of glass fiber cable and then convert it back to LV before the batbox with another transformer.

40 blocks for glass fiber. so 39 blocks without loss and the loss hits on 40.

]And dont forget to combine it with the Wand of Water, to obsidianize Netherlavalakes and then harvest Obsidian with it at insane speed.

Wow.. totally didn't think of using equal trade for obsidian. I mostly used it for easily finishing the walls of basement rooms. (replace all dirt with smoothstone)
    Though I don't think I need that much obsidian that i'll go to the nether. Definitely useful for doing lakes and ravine bottoms though.

But the main point why i will never buy a mac is that their cost/performance ratio sucks, seriously, why should i waste money on a mac if i can get a much more powerfull, reliable, easier to maintain and to customize pc for the same price. i've got a pc for ~800 dollars that runs skyrim on smooth fps @medium graphics.
    The only products of apple i approve are ipods.

Yeah.. My current laptop is ~$800, has a easily removable HDD, can take a mSATA card, has a easily removible (and standard 18650 cell) battery and has a large piece of the back that's easily removable with a #1 philips head for cleaning.
    None of the above is stuff you'll get from Apple. My only complaint about it is that it's a 15.4" screen with only 1366x768 resolution. Would have liked higher (like maybe 1920x1080) but that's nearly impossible to find on a 15.4" laptop.

You die with Quantumarmor? UNIMAGINABLE!!!

Yeah, let's just say i'm talented like that. Managed to die with a full q-suit on once. Totally forgot how though hunger may have played a role.

Just a little heads up on mobs picking up anything you've dropped (and items in general, in fact).

It seems that there will also be an option that, should you in fact kick the bucket, you KEEP your stuff! Never again do you need to worry about falling into lava!

"will also be"? Try "already is", it's in 1.3.2 already.
    /gamemode keepinventory true I think, could be wrong though. (can't find the command right now)

Has everyone seen the features of the latest snapshot? Mobs pick up dropped armor and put it on.
    Imagine dying and a zombie picking up your quantum armor.. better keep a spare nano-sword about whenever 1.4 rolls around.

instead of a energy sink like an induction furnace, you could actually use the detector to power a splitter cable, while as energy sink you use a sufficient large storage blok (mfe/mfsu)

That way the energy won by the solar panel(s) is not wasted but instead used to fill the night supply. once the sun goes down, the panels dont produce eu -< detector cable switches off, splitter cable enebles current, and your mfe/mfsu starts emitting power to the engines.

Cheers

Except if the MFSU fills up it totally breaks your system.
    When some friends were designing a city (this was before RP2 had the light detector) they had a few solar panel scattered about (because even RP2 wires have their limits) and a mass fab for each one.
    The mass fabs dumped their uu-matter into an ender chest where it got converted to snowballs with a BC autocrafting table and wasted with a dispenser.

PC, I don't have 1500€ to waste on something that doesn't even have a good GPU and cannot run the games I've bought during the last ~15 years. The compatible hardware for a hackingtosh are overpriced as well, and I'm not exactly a fan of Nvidia after having two of their cards break down in three months.

psst: Nvidia doesn't make cards so they're not at fault. Don't blame the blameless, blame the folks that made the cards.