Posts by masterzh

is anyone ever going to update this mod to 1.6.2/1.6.4 because it was by far one of the best rail mods in along time and im rather affraid im going to have to get rid of it when i update in afew days D'= bye bye half my worlds rail networks lol

It look like LostCoder is still around...i hope he didnt forget about this amazing mod.

I failed to add custom alarms. All are ogg added here > IC2NuclearControl-1.6.2c-ic2-experimental.zip\assets\nuclearcontrol\sound\ and in config.

[EDIT] ok i find it. You need to include "alarm-" in file name and include only name of alarm in config file. So you name your alarm like this: "alarm-on.ogg" and in config you put only "on" as sound.

Newest forge, immibis-core, ARS, IC2 (experimental 2.0.156) crash. Yes ic2.0 is just "experimental" so ignore if you think its useless crash-log.

Hello shedar,
    i tried it before(successfully!) and i will try it again, any news on my most favorite ic2 addon? I think you mentioned some possible "future features" and i would love to see more ic2-energy related toys. Anyway big thanks for letting this beautiful addon live another MC release. :Nuke TNT: peace :Nuke TNT:

The Creeper does spawn and does her work od doom, because you aren't able to put torches everywhere fast enough.

:D :D Sorry but this sound like "super catastrophic End-of-[minecraft]-day" scenario... We are talking about lights not how to fight darkness or "best IC2 weapon vs mobs" xD

Why do you all want bufferless Luminators? Guess what happens if you have no energy and no light. Something bad. But if you have no energy but two days to fix it untiul monsters spawn, you will be more likely to survive.

Well i cant argue with that but as far as i can say you almost always have energy storage to support your power generation right? In case of emergency nuclear explosion when you lost all "energy"... seriously having happy luminators(lighted/charged) is last thing i care about. I prefer to make my base with all those epic things like nuclear reactors, mass fab, mfsu, fiber cables, transformators... able to switch those f.....ancy lights off.

Luminators are basically lamps right? Well except you cant turn them off which sux and prevent 90% of players to actually use them. You can turn-off any machine, but not lights. Long time ago there was small fanmade mod for it but it was removed. :(

[EDIT]

I should make a mod thats just lighting
    *opens eclipse*
    sooooo how i do this again? xd

I was digging in IC2.jar with friend and we found lumi internal storage code but we had no idea how to compile whole thing back.
    If you succeed i will call you god of moders. :rolleyes:

1.Is "Third Rail" something more advanced then "Maglev Rail" as it support extreme voltage vs medium voltage for maglev?
    2.Do i need to power every single support block directly, or do they transfer energy to each other? (so just every x block)
    3.Those sparking effects are epic... i know this is stupid to even ask but... can you make it optional to spark randomly so you will get some kind of visual feeling those rails are powered and can harm you?

I am not sure why you set version to 0.02.1 but this addon already fulfill my dreams. Hundred of people asked for maglev rails for railcraft or traincraft for months... now you came out of nowhere with such brilliant addon. Thank you.

Traincraft had planned some nice stuff but currently both "HS locomotive" and "Overhead lines" are disabled. I dont think they will implement any kind of metro/mag-lev/monorail stuff.

How about making the planned Mag-lev rails require some fancy looking electromagnets?

As 'SpwnX' sad please dont make it (if you plan to do it) just cable and rail its boring. Even if you cant make nice model do at least simple block/s instead. I can help with textures if needed.

1 question: Do you plan to make those rails compatible with traincraft E-trains? (in future)

Big thanks for ElectricRails. :thumbup:

Hello greg sorry if it was already discussed but can you/do you plan to implement any kind of lights to gregtech-addon? If luminators get fixed or re-done they will always be kind of weak-short range lights.(and there is no way to turn off after they receive power :( )(yes there is Greg's Lighting as only alternative but i hope for something between those 2)
    thanks

3. How can you use it?

Well its not important feature but you will be able to measure:
    -output of multiple different power-generating(greg/IC2/...) machines (on your selected spots) together
    -different powerlines without merging them etc.

But currently NC is mostly on hold due to lack of time.

As far as you dont drop support for this epic mod and stay in touch on forums once a month i am happy. :thumbup:
    And thanks for such fast respond and fix. You are awesome!