[Addon 2.0] ElectricRails 0.03e

• Had this crash, am seeing if i can sort it out now.

• Official Post

For the Maglev stuff, i would remove the stone, use Refined iron and Magnetizers and increase the Output, for the realism ;p

• 1.Is "Third Rail" something more advanced then "Maglev Rail" as it support extreme voltage vs medium voltage for maglev?
    2.Do i need to power every single support block directly, or do they transfer energy to each other? (so just every x block)
    3.Those sparking effects are epic... i know this is stupid to even ask but... can you make it optional to spark randomly so you will get some kind of visual feeling those rails are powered and can harm you?

I am not sure why you set version to 0.02.1 but this addon already fulfill my dreams. Hundred of people asked for maglev rails for railcraft or traincraft for months... now you came out of nowhere with such brilliant addon. Thank you.

• 1.Is "Third Rail" something more advanced then "Maglev Rail" as it support extreme voltage vs medium voltage for maglev?
    2.Do i need to power every single support block directly, or do they transfer energy to each other? (so just every x block)
    3.Those sparking effects are epic... i know this is stupid to even ask but... can you make it optional to spark randomly so you will get some kind of visual feeling those rails are powered and can harm you?

1. No, I just read what people saying and try to satisfy it, well, more or less. Blaster asked for third rail and since it is based on electric rail it has same max input. SpwnX offered that magnets will accept MV by default, so it is. There probably should be some subtypes like HV magnets and constant magnet based on Neodymium magnets or something else, hovewer I don't want to add new ores, need to think about it.

2. No, only electric rails (tracks) do this. Third Rails and Maglev Rails don't transfer energy to each other, you need to power them from below - you may put batboxes for each of them, but I guess will want to simply put cable. ))
    :Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating: ...
    :LV-Transformer::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre: ..
    BTW if you simply made it continuous IC2 EnergyNet will eat all memory and stall. To avoid it you should separate it into sections with transformers. For fiber cables best way is to put transformer at each 40 block, that way you will also get rid of conduction lossess:
    :Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating: ...
    :LV-Transformer: << :Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre: 39 cables :Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre: >> :LV-Transformer: << :Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre: 39 cables :Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre: >> :LV-Transformer: ...

3. It already done for electric rails, it just not so frequent because if you made long railway it will spam a lot of particles. Try to make linear way of electric rails up to horizon and power them in creative.

• is anyone ever going to update this mod to 1.6.2/1.6.4 because it was by far one of the best rail mods in along time and im rather affraid im going to have to get rid of it when i update in afew days D'= bye bye half my worlds rail networks lol

• is anyone ever going to update this mod to 1.6.2/1.6.4 because it was by far one of the best rail mods in along time and im rather affraid im going to have to get rid of it when i update in afew days D'= bye bye half my worlds rail networks lol

It look like LostCoder is still around...i hope he didnt forget about this amazing mod.

• It look like LostCoder is still around...i hope he didnt forget about this amazing mod.

Nope, I'm a bit busy. Currently working on "Rare Earth Extractor" that SpwnX suggested, I just recently got idea on how to do it in concept, and currently mostly tonemap textures: 17 rare earth materials x 6 items per material + 1 storage block = 119 textures in total, huh.

• Updated, finally. ))

Changelog:
    - Build under Minecraft 1.6.4, IC2 2.0.370, Forge 9.11.1.916
    - Disabled slopes for Maglev Cover;
    - Added renderer for Maglev Cover so it render as full plate;
    - Temporary(?) disabled explosions/overcurrent effects for rails;
    ^ To match IC2 EnergyNet, yes)
    - Small changes to recipes because of Refined Iron Ingot is gone;
    ^ Electric version of tracks now crafted from usual ones with cable, there is now no direct recipe to craft them, until you have RailCraft;
    ^ Maglev magnets now crafted with coils;
    ^ Recipes with RailCraft remain unchanged
    - Sparks now spawns by sending packets to clients, so they can be not synchronized with actual event;
    ^ I've broke my brain making it work in 1.6.4, so I hope it is relatively small bug

There is no "Rare Earth Extraction Facility" as I promised, it is kinda hard to make it alone, so don't expect it near future until someone will want to help.

• Official Post

Is there still conduction loss with the track? Normal IC2 cables don't

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Is there still conduction loss with the track? Normal IC2 cables don't

I don't know, I leave them as is. Player probably disable conduction losses at the core, so I guess they should be ignored. I however still recommend to place transformers as relay between segments, it may balance memory/cpu usage. Maybe I should add some kind of "capacitor" rails for that purpose? They however will be directed. Or I may not do this, so you will need to build some technically looking construction.

This might be a point of collaboration, if you're interested.

Well, I currently plan to "extract" from a stone/gravel (+rock materials from other mods), by the following scheme that I gathered from several internet sources, there however still a lot of question marks, that means I don't know what that material means or device exactly do. Or maybe I completely misunderstand something and it need to be done in different way. This is actually the only help I currently need.