Posts by garkin

Not often needed, but lack of this feature was very annoying for me, cause i were made to use it just like dirt tower or build/remove a small ledge under legs each time. In bug-report for it Albalaka said that it was done consciously, as a way to balance scaffold<=>ladder relations and locked thread fast. I didnt can find any one shift-stop related usecase where scaffolds can be concurrent with ladders, cause if i need a ragged vertical movement i better will use a scaffold with builting ledge, or use it like towers, or if i have no scaffolds - just use a dirt towers instead, not ladders at all. And here i gone in search of disassembler.

Description: Here is a little mod, which will allow u to use ladders-like Shift-stop behavior with scaffolds too.
    It works strongly in client side. It means that u can freely use this on any SMP server too.
    Actualy, this is not the completely same behavior. If u hold same time Shift and Forward on vanilla ladder - u will continue move up. At modded scaffold with holded Shift u will freely(but slow) move only in horizontal directions. In my experience it was better, since scaffold constructions which i use always big not only at height, but at length too.

Instalation: open ic2.jar file in any archive manager and paste there content of a zip file from attachment.
    Actualy this process is just a replace of vanilla ic2/common/BlockScaffold.class with modded one.

Confirmed support: IC2 1.71 IC2 1.81
    And any next version, until scaffolds behavior will be changed any way, which i do not expect soon.

The forum curently looks like ghost town with all that sections of forbidden projects, which didnt got any content for months: IC1, Mine4dead, MedievalCraft.

And i dunno why was my public survey deleted? Is IC2 community opinion copyrighted and top secreted?

Nice one.

Macerator can analyze construction recipe of misc items, which he got no own processing rule. Count metal blocks there, and randomly output 0-60% of it, in depence of item damage degree.
    Does zombies drop diamond tools to? May be macerator will can output diamonds to? Since gems are realy durable, and he cannot grind em.
    My enchant tables often got me strange results, so i want to macerate own created items to. This is one more upvote for diamonds.

Found your post (eventually), so apologies for the repeat suggestion.

Dudes, RS cable dye != RS tube, feel the difference.

And it will be justified addition to RP2 pipes, not concurent to them, since it will allow to move RS signal in existent EU cables and will be CF compatible, but in same time will allow more convenient using RS in case if RP2 is not installed at all, as soon it allows compact, vertical and hidden redstone providing.

Almost posted same redstone dye 2 days ago, but decided that it was too rough.

I believe that there are no need in much new collors. We need only one redstone dye, which will be painted in parallel with any existent dye and do not replace it.
    Signal distribution: from/to color1RScable to/from other color1RScable, to/from clearRScable, to/from surrounding blocks, but not to/from color2RScable.
    Visual: enabled/disabled contrast red stripes under color spraying.

Will twice ease redstone use with ic2. And it will be justified addition to RP2 pipes, not concurent to them, since it will allow to move rs signal in existent EU cables and will be CF compatible, but in same time will allow more convenient using rs in case if RP2 is not installed at all, as soon it allows compact, vertical and hidden redstone providing.

But my opinion, redstone sucks on SMP anyway. Albalaka lured me with AlbOS fantasies. But it looks like it was abandoned for unknown reason.

Does limiting sound sources to zero same thing u asking for?

Uh, nope, its not.

Need power: 0.2 eu/t per block.
    Mechanics: fluid like block analog to water, all air in frame filled with it automaticaly. Some "forcefield" look from outside, light green screen overlay from inside instead of blue from water, particles.
    Static - no gravitation, fast up on space, fast down on shift.
    Will be nice elevator concept to.

But for construction purposes easier to make - tier 2 mfsu based jetpack with full height control and no failing down.