Posts by Keymaster89

also a true griefer could explode your reactor in 4-7 seconds. i know because i did it to myself once just to see, all you need it to take out coolant cells and add 8 buckets of lava then run like hell.

P.S. run Bukkit and have it Auto-Backup your server every 6-12 hours.

u do that, switch on and run? AND U SURVIVED!?!?!? u don't blow up istantly 8o ? How many uranium cells was?

just an small thought here, but isnt an reactor supposed to be dificult? its the end game for crying out loud.

if you want an 100% safe no boomer, set explosion strength to 0...

The nuclear reactors are not the "end game for crying out loud"!
    First, i see at it as a MID game mass energy productor (i use to craft it BEFORE MSFU), it's a good instrument, nothing more, nothing less.
    Second, if u are even a little smart constuctor, after a few tests, the difficult vanishes ad u start to rule good and secure MARK 2 (or even MARK 3) setup reactors as you want, with no difficult at all to manage and series production (CASUC are another story by the way)... so i don't need at all to set explosion stregth to 0
    Third, the main limitation of the nuclear reactor is that it have only 3 tipe of control block (1 nearly useless, :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: >> :Intergrated Plating: ) force us to make best reactors similar in configuration and components.

-IMHO Slimeballs are a perfect base for the Nanotech suggestion...
    Making a Slimecan as a starting material to construct the nanobots is perfect... mix that with some dusts and other things and u have the solution to put into the nanotechlab...
    But i think it's a bit hard that that become true...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Slime boots:
    :Rubber: --- :Rubber:
    :Rubber: --- :Rubber:
    MinecraftSlime --- MinecraftSlime
    On wear, recreate the same effet of slip of the ice...
    His use? don't have use, is just fun ^^ or maybe some obscure use i'm sure u are able to found...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Collector treetap:
    MinecraftSlimeMinecraftSlime
    MinecraftSlime:Treetap:
    :Treetap: are electric treetap
    When used, it works like a normal electric treetap, but the resin is deposited direct into your invenctory if there are space. This allow u to not run around to get all the resin...
    -Miscelator:
    :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:MinecraftSlime:Intergrated Heat Dispenser:
    :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:MinecraftSlime:Intergrated Heat Dispenser:
    :Electronic Circuit::Intergrated Plating::Electronic Circuit:
    where :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: are glass and :Intergrated Plating: are a machine block
    Is a new machine, it can open the way at new crafting, new liquids, new opportunities and so on... The slime work as non-reagent isolant, so u can make Industral acid, jels, fuels, cotton candy (sugar become eatable), fireproof spume to make extintors, cylinders with gas (trimix for diveing, need also compressor?), mixing the newcoming coffee...

Reactors are so easy to make i suggest you read this:
    http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=2963

Its just that nubs that just do something without thinking end up with a crater in their world. I think thats fair. In other games you pretty much get the same result.

I know that thread... and this is exactly the reason that i can't explain myself why the people continuing to say that is impossible to change "that inasanely difficult machine"...
    Make a custom setup is really difficult, it's correct, nothing to argue, but following examples like that will make all the thing way so easy...
    So, this idea good or not apart, where is the problem to try to change the reactor system if it could be better than it actually is?
    The variety is a good thing i think... under a careful analisis of the developers, evolving the nuclear reactor isn't such a mess...

The reactor is really difficult to build... making a 4 uranium setup is the most difficult thing that i have to project in Minecraft (i have to start a breeder soon >.>) and i made it only with some help from the forum with the reactor planner AND the examples...
    This "SHIT! is incredibly difficult! it blow up again! i'll never use this anymore!" thing is really common i think... so why make it a little user friendly adding some example?

IMHO we must add directly in the wiki some simple reactor example, like some "ready-to-use accettable-efficient kinda-secure setup"... in this way lazy people can use the reactor even if they don't want the ULTRA EFFICIENT AWESOME CASUC making a good amount of power for a reasonable cost... the personal experiments are anyway advised. :D

This should send away the "explosion" scary fog around the reactor, letting us hope to implements something better for this awesome machine...
    "is just too difficult to use as it is" is an excuse in my opinion...

mjing wanted it too :p and i find it would be nice trying to maintain a breeder reactor, cause if it get to 85% and starts making lava then it's going to heat up REALLY fast in which case we'll need to either turn if off and start dosing it with ice and water, or run like hell and hope we live. lol and you could use this to see if the reactor is on if it's a light+siren :D and you wouldn;t have to alter the main reactor at all. alblaka is adding a Nuclear Reactor Control block at some point and this Light+siren could go ontop of that, or you could just slap it to the side of the reactor like a refridgerator magnet and it would detect heat from the reactor and scream like a banshee if it gets to hot :p

I like both the solutions ^^

you can't neccisarily just "give" a block an EU estimated value. the closest thing you can do to that is compare it through UUM, in which case 6 lapis blocks = 3 energy crystals. which means you'd magically gain power from making a lappack.

Actually, for making a block of lapis, u need 4UUM for 9 lapis
    for 1 cristal u need 9 UUM for the diamond and 1,33 UUM for 8 redstone (4UUM x 24 redstone).
    6 lapis block= 24 UUM for 240.000 EU
    6 cristals= 62 UUM for 600.000 EU
    PERFECTLY BALANCED ANOTHER TIME!

[*]a basic status indicator lamp that is red when not powered and glows green when powered (luminance 7?)
    - this would not draw power itself but would operate similar to an installed EC-meter and indicate if a line is currently hot

Cool thing! I guess if is possible to make directly in the insulation... sadly all the new cable suggestion is denied...

[*]flood lamp (luminance 15) - don't think game allows any brighter than this, which is a shame, because flipping on the generator to melt zombies with artificial sunlight is very attractive...

WANT IT NOW! 8o:thumbup:

first off, where did you get that a lapis block can hold any amount of energy, specially 40,000EU. also i'm not sure if you realized but as it is with all games and balancing, it require significantly more materials of rarity or effort to aquire a minor upgrade. then you have to try and balance convinience with power, you can either make it horribly inconvient to make and a pain in the ass to maintain or charge, kind of like the trade off with going from a drill to diamond drill, sure it mines faster but cost more EUs. so in this case it's a hell of alot more expensive but still not horribly overpowered. so you could either make it even more expensive and follow the trend and make it End Game of Final Game material. or you can make it just alittle harder to get and make it a significant upgrade.

if you REALLY wanted something with like 6 million EU storage then i would say 2-3 iridium plates, 2 MFEs and 4 lapotrons with a lappack. then this could be the energy equivalent to the Quantum Suit.

Lappack hold 300.000EU - 60.000EU for batpack = 240.000 EU gap. Assuming that circuit don't hold any energy, the lapis do: 240.000 /6 block = 40.000. In the game they don't hold any energy, but this is their value IF they hold it.

6 diamonds VS 54 lapis seems to me a consistent effort for a boost in a portable battery capacity... and 1.000.000 seems to me enough EU to carry on...
    1.000.000 is actually a lapotron that u can decharge on the way... it seems to me the cap of the portable-usable IC2 tecnology. Have devices that hold up more EU shouldn't be permitted.

it also saves a significant amount of storage space. and yes ONLY 2 million, that equal to just short of 4 LapPacks. also not everything has to make since, just like how 4 energy crystals and 6 lapotrons magically = 10 million when attached to some iron, tin and copper.

you have to think of what is Balanced, not "this is what i want, i don't care if it's OP, screw balance"

actually equal to 6,66 lappack... 300.000x6,66= about 2.000.000.

i simply follow the example of the previous packs so is not op:

6 re-batterys -> 60.000 EU is exactly the assembly of the raw material that hold 10.000 - BALANCED

lappack use lapis block, but every block carry 40.000EU for a total of 240.000 + batpack= 300.000 - BALANCED

Cristalpak:
    :Energy Crystal::Tesla Coil::Energy Crystal:
    :Energy Crystal::Batpack::Energy Crystal:
    :Energy Crystal: --- :Energy Crystal:

:Batpack: are lappack obviously. It hold 1.000.000 EU.

energy cristal that hold 100.000 are the next step. 600.000 plus lappack is 900.000 EU rounded up by me to 1.000.000 EU for the tesla coil... nearly the same trend...

put if this was to be added i'd say 2MFEs 4 lapotron crystals, 1 advanced machine block and a lappack.

:MFE-Transmitter::Advanced Machine::MFE-Transmitter:
    :Industrial Diamond::Batpack::Industrial Diamond:
    :Industrial Diamond: ... :Industrial Diamond:

2million storage imo.

if u put all this massive EU container u obtain a REDUCTION of their conteniment power by 2/3 of their capacity, THIS is really UNbalanced.

You say that 300 million EU is a totally ridiculous amount? I'd like to tell you it isn't. It's a totally reasonable amount. Some SMP servers have such enormous solar arrays that people are pulling in over 4096 EU/t in a completely harmless manner. That generates some serious, serious power (and lag). If you are going to have something that generates power in a dangerous manner, it better provide benefits that are higher than what the safe options have. That is why people use nuclear reactors, because although they can be dangerous they can also generate a huge amount of power.

I don't say that is ridiculous amount... i simply say that a single player will take the risk and the effort to build such a thing only for the satisfaction to say "i build it", because he never use all that power alone... i can't imagine an use for fully impiegate this machine in single player, it's 10 times more dangerous than a casuc and give me so much power that i must craft 30 MFSUs only for take 1 DAY running... is too much...

and by the way i don't understand if your idea is to make it "first start and go forever" or ciclical, forcing u to shut off and restart like nuclear make...

The concept mijnboogje expose is valid... BUT

1. Nuclear reactors in real life are a complex structure that include several BIG components, also including a turbine that is the real component that create energy in the reactor. In Minecraft his size is exactly 7 block, but we must assume that the concept at the base is the same, so even if is extreamly compress there must be a turbine "in the reactor" actually.

2. U burn the uranium, u gain heat, the turbine convert this heat into energy and there is heat excess that must be cooled like nuclear reactor does... but this excess is waste heat no more useful for produce energy because is no more in the distribution liquid but dissipated in all the reactor... if usable, we have a 100% heat-energy conversion directly in the nuclear reactor... translated into minecraft language, u can't use this heat into something that make EU.

3. beyond this, if u want to use geogen at all cost into reactors, u can make a new component, crafted from a geogen and something else, cooling like a coolant cell and generating 1-2 EU/t only if the reactor is over 2000 heat instead of his normal beheaviour... it seems to me more balanced...

4. even if minecraft mustn't be like reality, we have to make it a minium similar if we think industrialish... or we will start to think to create energy directly from dirt or divine blessing one day...