Posts by Keymaster89

http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=4702 canned food no longer heals hearts as of 1.65; it feeds hunger just like normal food. My understanding is that the reason for canning food is that canned food stacks very well (64 items) whereas some types of normal food don’t (or didn’t in earlier versions of Minecraft). Also cans made of different types of ingredients will stack with each other, whereas (for example) fish and chicken will not stack in the same inventory slot.

All of this, AND u forget to say that make some food more efficient. all the food that provide half point of hunger, will produce a filled can that give u a full point, so if i eat a porkchop, i gain 3,5 hunger, if i can that poskchop, i gain 4 full can, make me obtain 4 huger point...
    and it's also more user friendly... gaining 1 hunger point at a time, help not waste food... how many times u waste half of the food u eat because u need to fill the hunger bar to restore healt, because u don't want to wait until the hunger bar consume enough to use that food completedly? with the canned food u also optimize the food consumption...

Every player of this mod knows that the nuclear reactor has two state that chenge his esternal texture.
    When the reactor is on, he have this texture: :Reactor: , and when is off, is the same without the green glowing uranium at the windows...
    This make us know if the reactor is active simply watching at it...

BUT

If we want to make a complete reactor, we must attach to him 6 reactor chamber.
    So the visual effect of the reactor is no longer visible, forcing us to listen if there are radioactivity noises to understand if the reactor is actually active...

SO

Why we don't retexture a little the reactor chamber to make it glowing like the main nuclear reactor? Maybe making the black part of the radioactivity symbol on the chamber change his state like the windows of the main reactor do, or making only a little porthole instead of the dot of the symbol on the face opposite of the nuclear reactor.
    Something not too invasive, but that let us know if is on or off simply watching at it even if we can't see the main reactor directly...
    I don't know how it works... but i don't think it's hard to code (i hope so anyway :D )...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New Suggestion: Siren
    Powered by redstone signal will flash on and off continusly and emit a loud clarily identificable far audible sound... a MUSTHAVE in all automatic fabrick, something like this:

it can be positioned everywhere like a torch and also upside down, to easlily know if a mechanism is malfunctioning, or is simply off for some reason, will exclude the stupid bell of musicbox and RP2 timer, adding a real industrial sound... this also include reactor by the way ^^ maybe attached to the thermometer will work!

1. http://forum.industrial-craft.…ad&threadID=4994&pageNo=1 make a culture
    2. Teleporter Satellite: HAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT?!?!?! u wanna make some free teleport? wherever u want when u want? u know that actually exist a teleport system in this mod? actually it takes tons of energy to make it works to a decent distance, AND u want to make this FROM the orbit, with no pratical energy consumption because it is only a matter of time like u say AND at ANY distance??? this is no star trek, no words...
    3. Bombardment Satellite: YAY!!! Say welcome to the new Griefers best friends!
    4. Capsule Satellite: why make this expansive-crashing-oneuse thing when i can make a backpack? there are so many mod that can allow this... it solve in 1 the 2 problem that u mentioned at no risk...

IMHO i think that satellities must remain an idea for post nuclear power generator after all...

A texture pack can be used only for vanilla blocks and/or for mod textures. We have textures for both. When mods update usually items will be invisible for a few days until we update the texture pack though (although you could disable the textures for the mod and they would all be default textures for that mod).
    Id resolver is not a problem for texture packs
    Yes we do look here.

Thanx for your answer!
    LoL! 8o I never expected it was u, pcmaster160, that answer me!
    U know, a few days ago, i asbsolutedly don't want the problem to made a functional texture pack, BUT...
    To kill the boredom, i was searching for some good series of minecraft on youtube... and i found one that i really like: Your Evolution of Technology series!
    It was that that makes me change idea... i had almost all the mod u installed, but with this texture, it look completedly better! I see many other texture, but i never see one that make me say "this is a MUST have!". It remember me the Legend of Zelda a bit, don't u?
    Now that i have to upgrade to 1.2.3, i make 1+1 and i'll sure take the effort to build this texture, maybe helping me with your installation tutorial!
    I'm at ep.14 actually and i will enjoy all the rest of the series anyway ^^

P.S. What mod u use to make the chunk loader in ep 11???

I have a few questions...
    I will soon apply this texture pack to my minecraft (best texture pack ever) but i wanna know a pair of think before, because is my first texture pack...
    1. a texture pack must cover ALL the block of the game to function? maybe the block that don't cover simply turn on the default of minecraft/mod? i hope so...
    2. i use ID resolver... and it probably change some of my ids of my mods, is this a problem for the texture pack?
    3. this texture pack have the texture also for addon like charging banch or advanced machines?

Thanx a lot in advance XD

Even if i use a detector cable, i'm not sure that it can activate the RP wire.
    It's an idea, but i have the necessity to make this control with RP wire because the batteries are on a wall... normal rs wire don't climb walls :S !
    And even if it works, if my batteries are full AND there is EU consumption from my machines, the detector cable will activate the redstone wire anyway, when i don't want it...
    My reactor produce really more power than my consumption, so this is a huge waste of EU if i take it on with batteries full... and there will be a little array of Solar to manage little recharge for little operation...

And last but not the last, i'm intrested to understand batteries redstone behaviour in any case! :thumbup:

I'm trying to construct a simple redston mechanism to turn off my reactor when the storage batteries are full...
    As i use RedPower, i use a wire that run on my wall and lead out of my house and finally at my reactor...
    I use a red torch applied on top of my battery to give current to the redstone wire...
    Something like this:

:RE Battery::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Energy Crystal::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Reactor:
    :MFE-Transmitter:

Where :RE Battery: is red torch, :Glass Fibre: is RP wire and :Energy Crystal: is a not gate to revert the redstone signal...
    The problem is that if i set the "emit if full" behaviour at the MFE, it shut off the torch on his top as i expected, but it stop to emit current as well, freezing my entire energy network...
    So, if i want that my machine works again, i have to set the "nothing" behaviour to make him emit current again...
    My question is: How battery behaviour exactly works? Is correct that the battery stop emit current when full or this is a bug?
    Help me hunderstand, Please!

From industrial craft wiki page of canning machine:
    "Canned Food is opened by right clicking on the filled can while holding it. It will be eaten instantly like the old Minecraft food and will consume the can along with it but in newer versions you are given back an empty can. Each consumed can of food heals one heart directly, instead of restoring hunger like normal foods. This makes Canned Food a benefit to explorers in dangerous situations!"

I play IC2 1.71, with minecraft 1.1.0 (waiting for 1.2 :rolleyes: ), but actually, every time i tried canned food, it restored to me 1 full point of hungry bar, not a full heart!
    I simply put empty can in canning machine, put on top some food, and full can is the output... I usually eat full can instead of normal food because is easy to transport and manage...
    I found many people in the forum say the same of the wiki, but i actually never seen this mechanic work...
    Can someone help me hunderstand why the wiki report this frase? is this a bug? or i misunderstand something? or i make something wrong? maybe i need a full hunger bar to make this happen?

Thanks 4 answer :D

would these enchant the armor or the player? could i inject ALL of these into Steve? and then also enchant my gear? loving the run speed idea, i want to be able to move fast enough that my computer couldn't keep up, as it is i use legs and Speed 2 pots.

The player... as i sayed only one at a time, the new replace the old one... i don't really know well how potions works, but i immagine injection of nanobots like a permaboost, always active and earning the same effects, so if i drink a speed potion with the permaspeed on, the potion simply don't have effects, beacuse the boost it produce is also active... I never tested what happen with :Quantum-Leggings: and a speed potion... i guess it don't stack... so, the better bonus at the moment is the effective bonus...

how would you apply these to equipments, would it be a crafting recipe or a special "enchanting table"? would it also allow regular enchanting? could this be put onto any items, for example, could i put your version of "fortune" on my nano saber that has efficiency 3 and mass harvest leaves? (i was hoping nano sabers were counted as a sword but it appears they are actually coded as an tool, similar to an axe.

also would some nano-bots be type specific or items specific, like a nano bot made for "Tools" or specifically a pick axe? Currently i believe nano sabers, and mining lazers are "tools" not weapons.

I never say this apply on the equipment... injections are player's permaboost and circuit are tool permaenchanting.
    What part of "change only the way they are created, maybe in a dedicated energy-eater machine, something like "nano tech lab"." didn't u understand? It could easily be a craftingtable that consume energy (lot of energy)...
    "This can also apply ONLY on IC2 objets, so they can't staks with enchanting..." (have u even read my post?)
    No, i count the nano saber like a weapon, because his principal behaviour is to cut zombie's heads...
    The mining laser is more ike a mining/weapon ibrid so it can obtain tool and weapon circuits the same way.
    Maybe set the max number of different circuits applicated will balance the things... like 3-4 tipe of circuits per tool!

I don't like make nuclear reactors more complicated that they are.
    But the last 2 ideas are valid! we need a valid compact restraint chamber for nuclear reactor! 4-5 layer of reinforced stone aren't that thin...

This is an AWESOME idea! Why developers did't consider this so far?
    The potion like idea and the enchanting like ideas make the perfect tecnology conunterparts of old stile spells and alchemy of vanilla version. This can also apply only on IC2 objets, so they can't staks with enchanting...

From SpwnX ideas:
    -For the nano injection there are no particular develope issue i think, the effects are the same of the potion, change only the way they are created, maybe in a dedicated energy-eater machine, something like "nano tech lab".
    BUT i think that all in one body is too power... if they duration is upon death, have all the 5 boosts always on with a quantum suit charged make u almost immortal... i think that 1 at time is more balanced, if u take a new one, u overwrite the old one... it's for LIFE man! Do u imagine regeneration always active??? they must be in a MINIUM of 10 mobs for kill u, this MUST require 4 advanced machines and 4 iridium plate into the crafting process to make regeration nanobots! :D
    With this u can also produce "un-programmed nanobots", stored into :Empty Cell: empty cells for the nanocircuits recipies, or also combined for other propouse like even better fertilizer!

-For the nanocircuits... i see it like the naturally IC2 enchanting mode: change the way u reach the goal, instead of experience, expansive material and lots of energy, but free us from the casuality factors!
    We choose what to implements!

Following the SpwnX list i make the modification that i think is necessary...

Tools:
    Energy Efficiency circuit: Reduces Energy Usage by 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% (good thing)
    Mining Efficiency circuit: Increase block break Speed by 3%/6%/9%/12%/15% (idem)
    Mining Precision circuit: Give player a chance to get double, triple, quadruple drops from non-player placed blocks by:
    I: 30% * 2 (30% more)
    II: 15% * 2, 15% * 3 (60% more)
    III: 25% * 2, 25% * 3 (75% more)
    IV: 15% * 2, 15% * 3, 10% * 4 (100% more)
    V: 20% * 2, 20% * 3, 20% * 4 (120% more) (following the enchant table, this seems to me more correct, remember it's PERAMANENT!)
    Nano Processing circuit: Give player a 20%/40%/60%/80%/100% chance getting the original block. (why take damage? the tecnology allow us to do the things in the safest way HAYO!)
    Integrated charging circuit: Increase the recharging speed from Batpack/LapPack for +1/+3/+5/+7/+9 (this means that at level 5, 1 use charge up 10 uses!)
    Battery circuit: Increases energy storage of item by 10/20/30/40/50 EU. (Flat bonus are easier to quantificate)

Weapon:
    Fire saber circuit: Sets enemy on fire for 3/6/9/12/15 seconds (good)
    Light power circuit: Increase Nano saber/Mining laser point of damage by 1/2/3/4/5 (this 2 are already deadly like they are...)
    Explosion boost circuit: Increase explosion of Mining Laser explosion mode by 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% (boom boom boom)
    Blast circuit: Knock back the target by crescent distance (New one!)

Machines: i don't think this is applicable.

Ups... i'm so sorry... i've searched for a similar post but i stop at page 3, so i didn't notice that one...

After a fast read, i realized that i touch a bad point :P Anyway, even if these advanced machines create much problem, i'm for the ideas that a single tier machines are a little poor for IC2 core... I see the reason behind that this machines will not be introduced like they are in "advanced machines" addon, but i firmly convinced that a sort of this tier 2 machines are necessary to make IC2 really complete!
    I really hope that the developer introduce them in some way, with advantages also completly different from what say so far... i'm sure the game will enrich so many!

http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=1174 This addon have made a good and understimate useful sets of items! (i personally add the "void" canning machine in that way too)

If we have the :Induction Furnace: induction furnace, the evolution of :Electric Furnace: electric furnace, that become faster meanwile it's get hotter, why we couldn't have other faster tier 2 machines?
    Even if the :Macerator: Macreator, the :Compressor: Compressor, the :Extractor: Extractor and the :Canning Machine: Cunning machines are creafted by the (there are no smiles :() machine, they can have their faster counterparts! Maybe they can build rotation speed and preassure instead of accumulate heat, like zippinus ideas, but they works the same way, a 0-100% scale!
    They can also been crafted like the addon say, plus the void canning machine in this way:

:Tin Ingot: :Tin Ingot: :Tin Ingot:
    :Tin Ingot: :Canning Machine: :Tin Ingot:
    :Tin Ingot: :Advanced Machine: :Tin Ingot:

It will be really awsome to integrate all this time safer items directly into IC2!!!

Are you located on a mountain or raised terrain?
    Jetpacks have height limits, Electric one doesnt do much above layer 90ish.

I wasn't over layer 90th, but i found out why it doesn't works!
    I used the switch of creative-survival from toomanyitems to create-equip the jetpack.
    What i've done is this:
    1. create a new world in creative
    2. pick up a new :Electric Jetpack: into original the minecraft interface (not from toomanyitems)
    3. switch to survaival mode
    4. equip the :Electric Jetpack:
    5. try to jump over and over...
    BUT! There is a trap! I thinked it was charged because it's fuel bar seems full, but if u charge it with any source of elettricity as normal, the bar resets like it's empty, and start charge untill full charge. THAN it works! I now can fly perfectly!

In short, at the creation, it's out of energy, even if it's seems full and ready to fly...

Hi everybody!
    I have windows vista home ed., with IC2 1.70, build craft 3.X and other little mod such as toomanyitem installed...
    The problem is that if i use a standard jetpack :Jetpack: , it works perfectly, i go up and i die if i go down as normal :D , BUT, if i equip the Electic jetpack :Electric Jetpack: , it simply dosen't works! I hold normally the spacebar (to jump) as normal jetpack, but i simply jump in position... i'm sure it was charged, and i try to press H for see if the hover mode change something, but nothing...
    Have u any ideas of why it don't bring me to the sky? :thumbup:
    Tnx a lot :)