Posts by GregoriusT

If you mean that the villagers are mining resources and putting them into their IC²-Machines to sell them via a Trade-O-Mat, than this is a great Idea. But if they are constantly altering the Landscape like in Millenaire (except for Mining), then that only would be a small negative point.

Things what they should do:
    Mining under their Village
    Farming with the IC²-crops and their normal wheat.
    Treefarming to get Wood, Resin and Charcoal.
    Upgrading their Structures up to Skyscrapers, but not creating new constructions.
    Defending with Nanosaber and Mininglaser (not only these stupid Irongolems).
    Trading via Trade-O-Mats & Safes (So no new GUI for Villagers).
    Using personal Safes for storage if possible.

Edit: Oh i forgot the Workshops and Generators. ;)

The output its the most simple thing to do. Its the backtracing to the basic materials and calculating those chance with each material of each backtracing that its annoying.

Annoying? What's annoying on a simple algorithm? Backtracking is very simple and easy to implement, especially recurisve. The only problems are Items with more than one craftingrecipe (Generator or Ironfurnace) and recipes with more than one item as output (Watermills).

If the devs would chose between those two machines (Not that they have any reason nor will they do it either), they would chose sno one. Why you ask? Its the lesser pain in the ass to code one, if you want the basic materials, just place the items over and over again, more useful (because you dont skip so many steps) and does exactly what yours do in the long run.

Actually its very easy to implement what i've said, but theres much stupid Copy&Paste work behind it. And yes, the other way is much easier to implement but will not work on so much items as mine.

Decrafter. Although i got a better concept for that, Making all IC2 Recipes (Or at least those involving machines and electrical tools) to be made with a special crafting table which would require EU to operate (Although this concept needs better refining, especially the energy use), also this table could not be tied to the regular 3x3 grid making for more complex recipes.

That's good for Snoochys machine even if i prefer Disassembler. It doesn't fit to Mine giving you the basic elements. Next try.

well fenxir, his idea is basically you ram an item in it and you get all the basic stuff like dusts and rubber. mine wouldn't tear the items to bits and dust, it would mearly disassemble the item like your stating, so you wouldn't HAVE to use the "macerecycler" to shred your machine and then rebuild the new one from scratch. mine would maintain a few of the components so you wouldn't have to re-make everything. perhaps you have have a toggle-able mode with the application of a redstone current?

Toggle via Redstone is bad. Two diffrent machines is much better, because they are doing completely diffrent things and would need diffrent Craftingrecipes.

maybe have both then? have mine the Advance Machine version of yours? that way if someone wanted direct basic components then they you use yours and later if someone wanted to rip apart a machine for cuircuts and not have to rebuild them back from scratch and only wanted to break it down alittle then they could use mine?

Yes both could be possible. And your machine could not dismantle basic things like circuits or batteries because they are a bit to overcomplicated for it (And my version would be useless if it could).

how about changing this thing up and making it into a "Deconstructor" that will tear apart items, anything from a Nuclear Reactor to a crafting box, and when "deconstructed would return the components of that machine to you with a 85% chance of getting the item, 10% chance of scrap instead of an item, and 5% chance of nothing. these calculations would apply to each component. so say you put a MFS into the Deconstructor, you would usually get most of your items back but rarely 1 item will be missing complete missing, or uncommonly 1 component would get "ruined" and you'd get scrap instead of a lapotron crystal or so. this could be used to break down out-dated or replaced items to materials you could use for something more useful, or if you are in dire need of materials. for example, say you need lapis for some Lapotron Crystals and don;t have any, but you have an old LapPack that you have made an extra of or the one that you are using is not as important at the time, you could deconstruct it and get most, if not all, of your lapis blocks back.

Maybe the 85%-Chance of getting something and the remaining 15% for scrap instead is good, but you would never get the Lapotron of an old Massfab back, only the Diamond, the Redstonedust, and the stuff you get from two circuits if you are lucky. Lapis will be considered as scrap so it's a bit more worthfull, and Diamonds are to hard to Macerate so you will get them directly back.

The whole thing is used to get Dusts (and Diamonds) back from your Machines (Therefor the Macerator) and scrap out all the other things (and a bit of the Ores). Coaldust (and maybe later Wooddust) could accidently be burned while this process, because of frictional heat causing a fire.

With a Deconstructiondevice or similar you could get the components (Circuits or Lapotrons) back but this is an advanced Recyclingmachine for the basic materials.

But the water never touches the lava, nor is it near enough to affect its temp.

The idea its to keep the lava hot enough for the most amount of time to evaporate the most amount of water for steam.

If you place iceblocks you will once again reduce the effiency by cooling the lava too fast without evaporating much water.

1. The Water doesn't have to touch the Lava for cooling it down, it has only to be in the Geothermal.

2. Yes, that's true and that's the reason why you get so low amounts of Obsidian out of it instead of a 1:1 ratio.

3. Ice is consisting out of Water, but you need energy to cool the Ice, and it is more Energyefficient (Only for the Generator) to use colder stuff in a Heatgenerator so it produces more EU/t and is cooling down the Lava faster than Water.

It's a machine to get your (or another ones) stuff back into usefull resources.

The machine gives you only the Ores (and Diamonds but not Lapis) and Scrap for the rest, so you have already a loss.
    The processtime varies, because it has to process all the single Parts of a machine, so it costs also more EU for a more advanced Machine.

Just say you got Solarpanels somehow from another player and you don't need them really, because they are causing lag. It would be pretty useful to get the resources from these panels back, or not?

I have 1.43 IC² so i didn't knew that with the Industrial Diamonds (looked up the wiki for confirmation) and will adjust my post.

So that's my second (and hopefully last) Idea of today, the Macerecycler.

It's a machine that gets advanced items like Circuits or other Machines in and puts out their Dustvalue, Diamondvalue and a bit Scrap for the rest.

Recipe:
    :Gold Dust: :Advanced Circuit: :Gold Dust:
    :Recycler: :Advanced Machine: :Macerator:
    :Industrial Diamond: :Advanced Circuit: :Industrial Diamond:

:Gold Dust: = Glowstonedust

Some examples:

Advanced Circuit =
    1 Irondust
    6 Redstonedust
    3 Copperdust
    2 Glowstonedust
    and 0-8 Scrap (Default-Recycler-Possibility) for the 2 Lapis and the 6 Rubber
    Yes, Lapis gets scrapped.

Lapotroncrystal =
    1 Diamond
    2 Irondust
    12 Redstonedust
    6 Copperdust
    and 0-18 Scrap for the 6 Lapis and the 12 Rubber

Macerator =
    9 Irondust
    2 Redstonedust
    2 Sand (from the Cobblestone)
    3 Flints
    and 0-6 Scrap for the 6 Rubber

Ironore =
    2 Irondust
    0-1 Scrap for the filtered Stone around the Ironore
    Like normal but twice more EU/cycle-expensive and trice slower because of the up to three outputted items, so about six times more EU consuming.

Minecart =
    5 Irondust
    0 Scrap

Bucket =
    3 Tindust (or if the Tinrecipe is disabled in the config 3 Irondust)
    0 Scrap

Solarpanel =
    10 Irondust (8 from Generator, 2 from Circuits)
    6 Redstonedust (2 from Generator, 4 from Circuits)
    6 Copperdust (1/2 from Generator, 6 from Circuits)
    4 Tindust (from the Generator)
    3 Coaldust (from the Panel)
    8 Sand (from the normal Furnace)
    and 0-16 Scrap for the 13 Rubber and the 3 Glass

This machine outputs small piles of Irondust for more precision and elsewise rounds the output down (the 0.5 Copper of the Generator for example).

The Scrap is produced at the same rate as of the normal Recycler ( 1/8 ).

It takes longer for more advanced Machines depending on the amount of the outputstuff.
    To be precisely 1 Macerationduration for every outputted nonscrapitem and one recyclerduration for every scrapped restitem.

It would take 2 Maceratordurations for every Diamond outputted by this.

This machine is twice more EU-consuming as the normal Macerator and the Recycler together but you can still use it for Macerating your stuff less EU-efficient. It would take six times more EU for a normal Ore, but you get a 12.5% chance for an additional piece of scrap filtered out by this machine.

The GUI has 1 Inputslot and as much outputslots as:
    The amount diffrent Dusts (9 or 10) + Diamond + Flint + Sand + 14 or 15 for other Mods/new Dusts/Scrap = about 27 Outputslots (Chest).

All the Macerecycleable items must have a hardcoded outputvalue, this means not scanned from it's Craftingrecipe and so not possible for every item of every Mod. That would need a new Forgehook to let other Modmakers implement Macerecyclerrecipes easyly. So Spacetoad, Eloraam and the IC²-Addonmakers could add Macerecyclerrecipes for their Stuff.

So, thats the second (and the better) Idea of today.

Actually, Obsidian its only gotten when lava cools down Really FAST, almost instantly i think. If it cools down slowly you get stuff like marble/basalt/cobblestone.

And if you use water you end up cutting the effiency of each lava cell since the geogen depends on the heat/steam to produce the energy isnt it?

Steam comes from cool Water, which is heated by the Lava and turns on the Generator, like with a real geothermal Generator.
    Basalt is a RP-Material so Alblaka will not add it.
    And its producing 1 Obsidian for every 4 Lava so it's much less efficient then puring Waterbuckets over Lava.

Maybe you can increase the Obsidianefficiency with Iceblocks (increases EU/t too).

This Idea is short and simple: Make the Geogen output one Obsidian for every 4 Lava it proceeds.

If Lava cools down you get Obsidian. So what does a Lava in a Geothermal Generator? Yes it cools down!

So isn't that realistic enough to say more?

Edit: The Geogen could use Water to increase the Obsidianproduction or can use Water in general for generation, so the Geogen needs two Liquids to run.

Really 3 minutes per Circuit not a bit more efficieny, so producing Circuits parallel, then it takes less time than starting only a new Process if the first is finished. To be a bit clearer: My version would take 3 minutes to slowly run on, then it produces "NumberOfProductionSteps" Circuits every 3 minutes and last but not least it takes 3 Minutes to slowly run off. Sorry if your machine is already running like i imagined here but i've never seen it working.

To the Planningabilities:
    If you try to build an Undergroundbase then you should take a few Saplings, Rubbersaplings and Bones with you, to get a constant Wood/Rubbersource for it (in the Nether is also a Dirtblock usefull). UUM for wood or resin is EVER a waste.

And there are much better uses for UUM. Lastly i've spend 10 UUM-Stacks for 4 Ironore-Stacks, instead of mining/searching it, and i'm never using the damn "Tin->Iron"-conversion, because it's cheat/buguse/whatever.

I also don't think that an expedition with more than two other players is getting out of Wood, IF they have followed the instructions of my last post here. Oh and Wood is nearby everywhere on the Surface and in abandonned Shafts, and theres no sense of wasting Torches in the Nether or the End, which are maybe usefull as Landmarks but can be far away (sightrange) from each other.

So is there really a sense of carrying UUM with you? I don't think so.

Oh and to the Undergroundbase. You can place a UUMPU in your new Base, it's only using a bit LV and a bit time.

Yes i noticed the less caves (i've read the description) and also i noticed less vanillatrees in forests so i can find the IC²-Rubbertrees much easier. With Rei's Minimap and its Mobradar it's much easier to find Caves in SSP (Mobradar is ever disabled in SMP). And there are so few Caves that building a Mobtower/Mobgrid or whatever is much more lucrative (more Mobs because of less Caves).

Actually while playing two hours with this Mod i found: An Uranuimsource, An Ironsource, A Tinsource, A Coalsource in a Mountain (where i actually am) and two Apatitesources. With the Lavasources in this Mod is Geothermal much easier to realize, even if the Nether is still better.

I like the Idea of travelling far to get Resources. This gives a new economical reason for War. 8o

If i want to get the Resources like in the good old Time, then i'm going to the Nether, because of the Netherores-Mod.

As you saw i've put the link to it into my signature. :thumbup:

The mainpurpose of this thread is to keep these N00bs with no planningabilitys away from wasting permanently UUM, instead of carrying usefull items like 2 Waterbuckets, Wood, Planks, (Char-)Coal or Arrows with them (like me).

That with the craftingautomatic and the usage of more than 9 UUM came later.

And yes, even i'm carrying UUM with me, since i have way too much of it, but it is in the Enderchest which i'm using as a Toolbox.

Your BC-Factory needs only 3 minutes to create Circuits out of UUM, and you say it takes long time!?!

Yep maybe somethink like this but with IC and RP ores too

I downloaded and installed it two hours ago on my Tekkit 1.1.4 and its fucking awesome, especially the extremeconfig. :thumbup:

Oh and it contains Lava, Tin, Copper, Uranium and Apatiteveins too! :D

Geothermal is now good in the normal world, and these veins are so goddamn huge that i can mine at one for a long time.
    I got nine Stacks of Coal and i've not even touched the core!

Thank you mijnboogje for showing me that piece of awesomeness.

This would be good so we won't be limited to 9 UUM items (diamond) and get something manufactured like circuits [i don't like making tons of circuits manually. It's annoying], insulated cables, machine blocks , etc.

Didn't thought about that! Directly crafting Stuff like Circuits from UUM is great! I will adjust the Mainpost.

I got this idea from a Forumpost and didn't found a thread belonging to this.

A UUM-Production-Unit short UUMPU, which should stop people from carrying UUM with them, to instaproduce the things they need.

It's simply a device that produces your stuff out of UUM, instead of using the Craftingtable.
    Put UUM in and select what you want from its GUI (or put UUM in a craftinggrid).
    After a certain time and a small energyconsumption it has produced the Material you want.

Edit: It's also possible to use it to craft things like Circuits or Iridiumplates directly from UUM, and there is no limit to 9 UUM per recipe!

Edit: The craftingrecipe could be like this:

:Rubber Log: :Compressor: :Rubber Log:
    :Macerator: :Advanced Machine: :Extractor:
    :Advanced Circuit: :Electric Furnace: :Advanced Circuit:

:Rubber Log: = Workbench and Chest
    Machines are needed to process items like sticky Resin or Ironore.

Now to the GUI itself:
    Leftclick on item = Produce one more
    Shift-Leftclick on item = Produce as much as Possible
    Rightclick on item = Produce automatical while enough UUM is there (For Automatisation)
    Shift-Rightclick on item = ?

it has an internal Storage for 6 Stacks of UUM (shown as :Matter: ) and 9 Stacks of the Product (shown as :Industrial Diamond: ).
    Also it has 36 Slots (or 30 + Scrollbar shown as :Rubber Log: ) to Select the item like the Craftingtable-II.
    And it shows the Actually selected Product (shown as :Advanced Machine: )
    The GUI looks a bit like that:

UUM-Production-Unit
    :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Matter: :Matter: :Matter:
    :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Matter: :Matter: :Matter:
    :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Intergrated Plating: :Advanced Machine: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond:
    :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond:

:Intergrated Plating: = Void

So that's the basic idea.