Posts by GregoriusT

Sonar. "Sounds" good. I will improve that good Idea:

A carryable "Scanner", which determines the Blockdensitiy around you.
    A Blockversion of it to alert, if someone digs towards your secret Undergroundbase.
    The Blockversion will Scan if you put a Redstonesignal to it and than emits a Pulse if something has changed in comparsion to the last scan.
    Both using up a certain amount of EU for every scan depending on Mode.

Diffrent modes for it:
    - Omnidirectional (Anything in Range)
    - Horizontal Area
    - Vertical Area
    - Directional (only in front of you)

My rating:

Storage/Workshop: 9/10 (only better if automatic)
    Energystorage: 7/10 (can't determine what is what and you are using the old Levers instead of the cooler togglelatches)
    Treeplacement and Garden: 6/10 (didn't count the obvious Rubbertrees in your mainhall)
    Insidedecoration: 9/10 (only good with Texturepacks)
    Windgeneration: 7/10 (not efficient enough but very compact)
    Crop-planting: 8/10 (crops not good accessable)

Overall a 7.7/10 :thumbup:

Extraplus, if that in the middle is a Controltower and if you made that with legit resources (not counting the Flying for the Screenshots).

Niccccce wall you have thhhhhhhere, it would be a ssssssshame if sssssssomething happensssss to it. MinecraftCreeper

There's standing a hollywoodalike "JEW TOASTY" in the Background what exactly does that mean? :huh:
    I hope you don't mean something like "toast jews", because that would be very offensive, but i'm atheist so it's not very intressing for me.

I have used the Searchfunction with "resin hole" and "resinhole" and didn't found something similar.

On SMP, if another player extracts a resinhole, it will get shown as would nothing happened to it (resinhole still full). And even after disconnect and reconnect it was still full (only Clientside) even if the other player is seeing that it's empty.

If i harvest resinholes myself, anything will get shown as normally in SSP.

I just wanted to say that, because it makes COOP with a Rubbertreefarm a little bit annoying.

So you mean like the RP-Redstonetube carrying Redstonesignals and Items but with electricyty and Redstonesignals instead. That is a good idea and i think easyly codeable.

I'm waiting for the ultimate "Blutric Redstonetube with bundeled Cabels, Waterproof Pipes and Electricitysupport with Covercompatiblity", so i only need one block thick enwireing and can hide it in a Wall, just to say. But that would need too much Modcompatiblities so i can forget it.

You had a good Idea. Should be introduced to IC².

i agree with the over all idea, only it needs serious balancing on how often the crystals can be found. and about the amount of power they generate. AND the costs for the machine.

Anything is about balancing, but i think Alblaka will make that balancingpart himself, so if there are to much of these Generators he will simply nerf them down himself. But it should cost at least 2 Iridiumplates per 32 EU/t.

Have same problem with TNT-Cannons. Waterblastresistence should be 60 (like Constructionfoamwalls).

You're using them as Defense?
    How you can aim faster with a TNT-Cannon, than a Player running fast or superfast towards your base?
    Aren't mininglasers with explosivemode enough for defense? :huh:

With :Nuke TNT: as ammunition (long primed time :D) you can shoot enemybases at very long range, and one shot is normally enough so the cannon can be destructed. Or build dry TNT-Cannons out of reinforced Stone, Obsidian or Constructionfoam to kill these nasty people with more Nukes.

P.S. Didn't tested the flightbehaviour of Nukes after a TNT-explosion, so maybe it doesn't work like with TNT.

Edited the Mainpost. Hope i didn't forgot something to mention.

While reading all the replys again, i found the very annoying "Advanced Annoy", which was really to annoying to not say that. :D :D :D

Maybe someone else found it too. ;)

Since my last post here, i have produced enough UUM for creating 20 Iridiumplates in the Nether without using any nuclear energy or scrap. At this moment i have 106 Geogens (2120 EU/t) constantly fuelled with two BC-Pumps (before the last post only 64) and the Nether is slowly going out of Lava :D. So it would be pretty useful to have a replacement for that Lava.

And yes it is an Endgameenergysource (why else these much Crystals in "the End"), and it is better than constantly fuelling Generators with the surplus of Blazerods from my very simple Experiencefarm, which is now at this moment filling up with potential unlimited Blazes, while i'm writing this.

And mining for these rare Crystals would give more fun to the game, which is called Minecraft.

And now i have to kill Blazes... :Nano Saber:

Edit: if you are wondering about the Time here, it's now 7:00pm in Germany and i have semestervacation.

LOL, you want to have something that turns natural stuff into colored WOOL. 8o

That would be a nice Easteregg. :D

But seriously a friendy LOL for your very funny idea, hope Alblaka includes it. ;)

Miner + OV + DDrill + 64 Miningpipes = ~700000 EU not 1000000. I know that because i'm running 4 of them with 3 Lapotrons and still have a bit of energy in the last lapotron, which is in my inverted (redstonetorch) chargingbench.

And yes, that Energy is forever (or until you break/delete your Map), so you should have luck and not just put your Miners everywhere so every 10th Miner finds it (by 32x32 it would be like that). Oh and before i forget, if Eloraam releases Frames you will get them much faster with a small mobile Minersetup on a Frameplatform (tested it with a nonmoveable Pseudoframeconstruction for funreasons), which will be upgraded (=larger) after every move! Or more worse, players who starting to build Landscapeeating Supermachines, like me doesn't interest about if its OD/OV-Scannable, only "is it in my way?" is a question for us.

I were not sure with the rarity per EU/t and didn't wanted to make it too overpowered, but one every 4 chunks is much to often, maybe one every 16 chunks and 32 EU/t to balance it a bit more, because Minersetups can make finding that stuff very easy. And compared against large windmillconstructions (but at top layer!) is most of the other regenerative Stuff useless. I just wanted to make a regenerative energysource that is not obviously visible on the outside (and largescalewater with RP is a bit to much laggy) and doesn't lags as much as Solar, Wind or Water.

first off, you do realize a chunk is 16W*16T*128H? so 100 chunks is like 1,600 by 1,600. which is bigger then some peoples worlds, so basically only 1-4 is allowed per world...

Uuuuhm you are not good at math or... 1600 * 1600 = 10000 chunks but it is only 160 * 160 = 100 chunks (10x10-Square of chunks). In addition of the fact that they are more common in the Nether (every 50 Chunks instead of 100) and a in the End (every 4 chunks because there is only one Island) you should consider that they must be findable, and 10000 chunks is very huge for only ONE hidden crystal that continously outputs only 16 EU/t on average.

100 Chunks is the size of a small biome so you can find 1 - 3 for every biome in the world.

Oh and for showing one crystal in 100 chunks to other people who may didn't understood that, it looks like that:
    :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log:
    :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log:
    :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Industrial Diamond: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log:

where the logs are the chunks without Crystal, and the diamond is the chunk with the one Crystal.

second: You could easily just hook it up to a HV transformer with HV-triple insulated wire and never have to worry about it.

That was intended, but to use these Crystals safely you need some equipment like the transformers. Also would be possible to add some special blocks around it likewise nuclearreactorchambers.

So to use the Crystals you need a Quantumcrystalreactor (a bit more expensive than a Quantumsuitbodyarmor) for every Quantumcrystal and a HV-Transformer for every energynet you want to use them.

third: it's non-craftable, in my opinion this sounds like an aweful idea.

I could ignore that because you've made 10000 out of only 100.

Now if you told me that these was like an upgrade of a lapotron crystal that uses 4 Iridium Plates, 4 lapotron crystals and 1 advanced machine and make a Quantum Crystal that was capable of storing 100million energy, then i would highly agree and start using these as my new Advanced mobile energy storage so that people on my server would stop using their damn Solar Panels and i could just charge up 6 of these things and hand them one a week. and sell them more if they decide that they want to actually burn all their energy on MassFabs.

No, we don't need better energystorages. That is a regenerative (= endlesslasting) energysource, so if some people decide to not use the Hightechstuff and going mining with Lowtech/Midtechstuff, they can make large profit, with selling that Crystals on Hightechpeople, if they have good luck on finding them, because these Crystals are not only at Diamondlayer.

And for selling limited amounts of solidified energy you can use the UUM as you said.

And in an additional addition i hate these lagcausing Solarpanelusers too (what was my inspiration for that Idea).

There was no such idea at the Compendium so:

Quantumcrystals are a extremely rare (only one placed every 50-100 16 Chunks and every layer is possible) kind of Crystal that is capable of generating Energy. These Crystals are generating fluctuating
    16 32 EU/t all the time (that's not much for that extreme rareness).

To use that energy you need a Quantumcrystalreactor:

:Iridium: :Energy Crystal: :Iridium: where the Energycrystals are Lapotrons (Icon missing!).
    :Advanced Circuit: :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Circuit: Only one slot in the GUI for the Crystal (No Batteryslot because of the fluctuation).
    :Iridium: :Energy Crystal: :Iridium: You can put the Crystal everytime out of the machine (for selling it for example).

if you put a Quantumcrystal into that Tier-4-Technology you get your average 16 32 EU/t at a fluctuating rate between 0 and 64.
    But you must be carefull, sometimes it generates Energyspikes (after a long period of low energygeneration) from up to 2048 EU, so it is not good usable to power a few Tier-1-Machines in a newly build Base (Except you have Transformerupgrades or a full set of Transformers). Also you MUST use the Energy outputted by that generator, because if not it goes overload and BOOM! The two Lapotrons are the Overloadbuffer for 2 Mill EU. The Quantumcrystal itself is 100% explosionsave, if it its not in a Quantumcrystalreactor.

Because of the rareness of these Crystals they are very good for people, who are going out for mining instead of UUM-Producing their needed stuff, so they can sell them for a horrendous price. In the Nether you can find more of these Crystals (one placed every 25-50 10 Chunks at every layer), and in the End you can find much more of them (one every 4 2 chunks).

This Crystal is especially NOT useable in the Quantumsuitrecipe for infinite Quantumsuitpower (Just before you're asking for).

Firstedit: Quantumcrystals are also NOT produceable! (not even with UUM)
    Doubleedit: 100 Chunks are NOT 1600m*1600m, they're only 160m*160m!
    Tripleedit: It would replace 32 64 lagging Solarpanels (or even more with bad weather), and can be placed underearth and in other dimensions!!!
    Quadroedit: Solarpanels effective EU/t is under 0.5 (only day not night or bad weather) and One every 16 chunks with average 32 EU/t is better.

I thought a lot about the Balancing and the risks Quantumenergy could have to the User (and his Neighbours), so what's your opinion?

Edit: So after some discussions we got the following:

Quantumcrystals, mainelement of Quantumenergygeneration, which is not produceable (even not with UUM). :Force Field:
    Despite the name, it has absolutely nothing to do with Quantumsuit.
    Quantumreactor costs 4 Iridiumplates and other stuff mentioned above. :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium:
    One Crystal every 16 - 32 Chunks (ca. every 90mx90m-Square) and possible at every heightlayer (even in Mountains).
    32 green EU/t forever per setup. :thumbup:
    It's a very late Endgameenergysource.
    It's generating Energyspikes from up to 2048 EU after long periods of low energyoutput. :cursing:
    If you overload the internal EU-Storage of 2-million from the Generator it goes BOOM like nuclear. :Nuke TNT:
    You need at least one HV-Transformer for running it safely. :HV-Transformer:
    If you use a Minersetup than an OD-Scanner will not work, but the OV-Scanner can detect 'em.

Gives a good reason for Mining (instead of UUM-Producing the stuff you need). :Mining Drill:
    A new reason for going to the Nether (crystals a bit more common there). MinecraftGhast MinecraftZombieman
    A good reason to go fast to the End, because there are much more (First player who reaches it is getting most of them). :D
    Most likely no more massive Solarpanels (One replaces a bit more than 64 Solarpanels -> less lag). 8)
    In old maps/servers you have to discover new terrain in order to get these Crystals. :(

With so much energy in Endgame would be a blastresistent Iridiumblock a good way to dump UUM. ;)
    If you think that producing so many EU for Iridum, only to get only even more EU, destorys the fun, than look at what you're actually doing with nuclear or whatever energysource. Hint: It's exactly the same, but only with a lower Tier and less fun, than Quantumenergy. :D

Did i forgot something?

There's a configoption for Soundsourcelimit since at least 1.42 but don't know since when exactly.

Oh and i found out that i set it to 10 instead of 5.

with that change you will most likely not hear the Blocks, if you cause enough other (also vanilla) Sounds like Doors after triggering them.
    Newly caused sounds like the Jetpacksound or the Chainsawsound are still hearable most of the time.

This configoption applies only to IC²-Sounds, so all the vanillasounds are like before.

I hope you meaned that, but a new soundoption in the config seperately for tools and blocks would be very nice.

That is a very good Idea.
    I have the same lagproblem with the sound, so i limited the sounds to 5 (Jetpack/Chainsaw/Laser still hearable).
    That solved it for me. Dare you Notch for using that old soundsystem on so an awesome game!

Maybe a lagdetection, so if the FPS are lower than 15 (playable limit) the sounds will be limited more.

Nice idea you got, but that looks like you want a boat that can place blocks on top of the water.
    With the Redpower-Frames you can build such boat if eloraam releases them before 21.12.2012 (12.21.2012 for americans).
    So then it will be obsolete and i don't think that Alblaka will add any entitiys in next time (except items and projectiles).

And the Freezeray is also a good idea for later.

Guess I read as much of your suggestion as you read the forum.

Hint: I didn't read what wasn't quoted.

So you've also read everything was SpwnX has quoted, and that's everything except the last line of my Post. :D

And I'm not able to read the whole Forum, because i'm playing to much Minecraft. ;)

And another question to you:

Are you knowing how a Pineappletree looks like?

99.99% of all the people who know Pineapples, don't know where they came from!

When frame motors come in rp2 i will make a nuclear powered deathcrawler filled with nukes to ruin your friends day.

Only the framemotors? Not the frames itself? Just joking. I would make a landscapeeating supermachine powered by anything that is in my way.
    Wood, Lava, Coal (after coked with railcraft), Uranium and whatever else comes in my way (Enemybases for example).

My Endgameenergysource is Netherlava. That's the reason why my base is in the Nether.

On my actual survival-map i was planning to make HV-Solar-Arrays, but then i found out that i actually have to less Circuits for it and invested my materials into Geothermal. Now i'm producing only 1280 EU/t with it for the Massfab, but i'm expanding very fast.