Posts by FnordMan

spotted a bug. if you turn chest animation off the things look off.. like white square with a black stripe.

Real-time.
    You're better off spending the time and resources to build a solid infrastructure, instead of what will amount to an overpriced gumball machine.
    Mass Fabricators are great once you get to a certain point, but making one early merely ties up resources that are better spent elsewhere.

yeah.. I didn't build mine until fairly late compared to everything else.
    Right now the mass fab is basically a soak for any uranium i've got around as the nuke plant is basically dedicated to the mass fab. (there's enough "renewable" power to run everything else)

<snip>
    (Also, on an unrelated note: RedPower2 Pneumatic pipes don't seem to connect between my Macerator and Electro Furnace. I don't know if that's an incompatibility on IC2 or RP2 though.)

since the first issue is solved, i'll address this one. They work fine, provided you've got them hooked up right. I've got a 100% working automatic ore processing system with RP2 working fine.
    The important note is that you have to use a retriever to grab the dusts from the macerators, you only need one hooked to a tube connected to all the macerators. (any side I think, I have them on the "front")
    From there you put the output tube to the top of the electro furnaces. again, you only need one tube, just run them right over the top, the tube will figure out the rest, overflow wise.
    Extraction can be with BC stuff or another retriever.

I've since switched to bluelectric furnaces to save on IC2 power though. Those are a bit more picky. you've got to deliver the dust to the left side and retrieve the stuff from the right.

I have installed this addon the way that the Instructions say to, and I can't see any recipes or any of the mod Items. I have tried re-installing RocketScience.jar, and it still doesn't show up. I have tried un-installing Forestry, but to no avail.

Does anyone have a fix to this?

and another one goes "HALP! Borken" with no info.
    We can't help you unless you give us details... *HOW* did you install it? Also need a copy of Modloader.txt (put it in spoiler tags) define: "can't see any recipes" how are you looking for them?

Exactly why did you had to make such a post? Pls post why you think my post was a troll post...

I do realise he didnt care much about eff but if it is possible to get good eff and high eu output why not? Besides with higher eff it means you can run more reactors at the same time without increasing uranium consumption thus increasing eu/tick.

Because you are a troll. You made broad, sweeping statements like your the world's expert on everything and ignore any evidence to the contrary.

Yes, but if you're going RP2 machines (or BC) then you may as well just go CARUC/CASUC reactor and get your money's worth.

and risk a giant crater? hell no. I only build Mk 1 or 2 reactors and if this thing's going to be running for extended periods of time i'm sticking to Mk. 1
    This thing runs under a chunkloader block on a SMP server. Some stuff behaves a bit differently when i'm not actively there. (it shouldn't, but it does)

it is not so much an even amount of junk. with advanced insertion pipes there is no need to give them an even amount. the junk will just cycle round until it meets a recycler that can accept it.

If you really want to give recyclers an even amount of junk go for distribution pipes, then you can assign even ratios for each recycler (takes forever, really boring :( ) so that your request works. However the only issue with this is that they don't take into account different types of junk, so if the distribution pipe decided a plank was to go into a recycler that was currently doing a large batch of cobblestone, it would pop out, unlike with advanced insertion pipes.

I sorta just went the lazy rote in my current game. 4 recyclers in a line with advanced insertion on the top and the advanced wooden in the back. Regular wooden wouldn't pull the scrap out there and I wanted something compact.
    I've only seen it overflow on odd occasions when it shouldn't, Like when i'm not there and the chunk's being kept loaded by a chunkloader. (this is SMP)

Making 1 eff reactors is fun but not very realistic because you wont be able to keep them running without lots of breeders and lots of babysitting. Try this one instead:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1k10101001501521s1r11r10 (note: this may not be the best design yet)

94,17 eu/tick output at 2,5 eff. It can run well over 11 cycles in a row with only 10 min cd between the cycles. So thats almost a mk1 in reality. Now if you want more eu output just build 2 of these thats still cheaper than making a ton of breeders that you would need to keep a 1 eff running.

*snerk* oh look... it's mr. troll again.
    "lots of breeders and babysitting"? I've got a 100% automated rector in SMP just fine. Just needs a few tubes , a couple RP2 machines and a timer.

The reason the autominer and peat engine share an ID is because they are from independent mods. Kentington and SirSengir are not required to make sure that they're not using the same ID as another mod, after all.
    In general, it's not too difficult for the user to modify an item or block ID manually - if not in Rocket Science, then definitely in Forestry.

yupyupyup! Aka: This mod isn't the problem, it's ID Resolver.

screwy, they just burned forever for me. Course I was setting this test world up in single player.

there's an easy solution to ID Resolver issues: Don't use it. It causes more problems than it's worth and can do *serious* damage to a world by re-assigning the wrong thing.
    shuffling IDs by hand isn't that hard.

Yea, i have found plenty of those text tutorials but they are not clear enough for me who isn't studying nuclear physics =) Thou i am interested about it :))

If you find any tutorials you could link them here and i check em _Tim_ :P

than you really haven't looked. there's *plenty* of designs that give *exact* listings of what goes where. Just find a nice MK-1 design, build it and make sure the reactor is surrounded by water.

Yeah.. that's politer than what I could say about him.. I mean FC gets all pissy over some imagined slight his ego overinflated and claims others are hard to work with or something like that. Totally fails to look in the mirror and see the real problem...
    Ever had a look at his forums? The guy's got a big mouth and insults others at the drop of a hat. (particularly in the thread where he announced that he was leaving the forge) The kind of behavior that would get one banned anywhere else.

Right, as the title says. Is it worth it, or does the continued recharging of the :Diamond Drill: remove the enchantment faster than I can plop it in the table?

they aren't supposed to be enchantable right now and that's going to go away in the near future. (i'm thinking next version but I can't be certian)

Code
    java.lang.Exception: mod_BCIC2Crossover 1.14 for MC 1.0, BC 2.2.11, IC2 1.43 is missing dependency: mod_IC2

IC2 is definitely installed, I have been using it for a while. Buildcraft appears to be working as well.

Not sure what could be causing the issue.

in the words of #5: "Need input"
    You can't just go "HALP! Borken!" and expect any help whatsoever.
    We need the entire modloader.txt (in spoiler tags!)
    if this is a client or a server
    Host OS

almost sounds like this is a Linux server. If that's the case then re-build the server jar from scratch with the updated version of ModloaderMP