[Addon 1.112] BuildCraft-IndustrialCraft Crossover Mod v2.0[SSP/SMP]

• I tried the petrochemical generator and i see some major issues with the way it convers energy

i used steam engine with 1 coal which is, in a generator 4000 EU
    then when i saw the outcome it was only 1500 Eu ~

also i used the industrial electric engine with lapotron crystal that had 1 million EU and the outcome was 172500 Eu....
    if you lose more than 80% of the eu in the procces of converting it i cant see how the petrochemical generator can be useful or is it even intended to be that way - with so much power loss?

• Code
    java.lang.Exception: mod_BCIC2Crossover 1.14 for MC 1.0, BC 2.2.11, IC2 1.43 is missing dependency: mod_IC2

IC2 is definitely installed, I have been using it for a while. Buildcraft appears to be working as well.

Not sure what could be causing the issue.

in the words of #5: "Need input"
    You can't just go "HALP! Borken!" and expect any help whatsoever.
    We need the entire modloader.txt (in spoiler tags!)
    if this is a client or a server
    Host OS

almost sounds like this is a Linux server. If that's the case then re-build the server jar from scratch with the updated version of ModloaderMP

• Official Post

Interesting notes about the Petrochemical Generator:

Oil in the Petrochemical Generator gives 50000 EU, larger than a single BatBox can hold. At 10 EU/t, it takes 5000 ticks to fully burn the Oil. Fuel gives 625000 EU, or a 1250% increase over Oil. At 25 EU/t, it takes 25000 ticks to fully burn. Again, this means that a single MFE cannot hold the entire amount without transmitting some of that energy.

true.

Attempting to use engines to power a Petrochemical Generator is inefficent - you expend slightly more energy than you generate, with larger engines being even more inefficent. Connected to the generator with one Wood and one Gold Conductive Pipe, a cold Steam Engine gives 1500 EU per Coal (a Generator burns Coal at 4000 EU); a conventional cold-started Combustion Engine gives 27000 EU per Oil, and 508500 EU per Fuel. DO NOT use a Large or Industrial Electric Engine to power a Petrochemical Generator - you will lose metric craptons of EU, as the capacity of the Generator is exceeded. Linked spare Redstone Engines might be your best option if you must use Conductive Pipes as a power source.

• WARNING: There is a bug with BC energy pipes that causes them to transfer much less energy than they should. This is a BC bug, I cannot fix it.

Serial connections to the Petrochemical Generator is a bad idea, due to the Buildcraft bug noted in previous posts in this thread - energy is for some reason lost with a direct connection to non-pipe objects. This seems to transfer over to the generator, as the held EU in an adjacent storage box is not divisible by 25, and there's leftover in the generator which cannot be removed without more energy. Even connecting away from the generator, you need to connect the engines to at least one non-wood Conductive Pipe for it to transmit.

not true. Direct connections result in no energy loss.

Electric Engines decrease in efficency the more "hot" they run, to the point where a red engine delivers barely any energy. If they run to the point where they would have exploded had they been a conventional Buildcraft engine, the overheat will cause explosion effects around the engine, (though it won't damage anything,) which will make it fairly difficult if you have a crap computer to get to the switch. The effect ceases once the engine no longer recieves power.

While the fact that they don't blow up like regular Buildcraft engines makes them more reliable, they aren't quite as efficent as their comparative regular engine, as these start at max speed and only slow down if not properly cooled, while regular engines start at this speed and speed up as they warm up. I'd take a Large Electric Engine to five Combustion Engines any day of the week, though.

If you are experiencing the explosion effect, then something is installed wrong such the TileEngine.class did not get overwritten.
    They do not product less BC energy as they overheat, only use more EU.
    Regular BC engines do not change the amount of energy produced regardless of how hot they are, it is constant. Except for redstone engines, which are a special case.

• Official Post

I tried the petrochemical generator and i see some major issues with the way it convers energy

i used steam engine with 1 coal which is, in a generator 4000 EU
    then when i saw the outcome it was only 1500 Eu ~

also i used the industrial electric engine with lapotron crystal that had 1 million EU and the outcome was 172500 Eu....
    if you lose more than 80% of the eu in the procces of converting it i cant see how the petrochemical generator can be useful or is it even intended to be that way - with so much power loss?

• WARNING: There is a bug with BC energy pipes that causes them to transfer much less energy than they should. This is a BC bug, I cannot fix it.

• not true. Direct connections result in no energy loss.

Okay, then I must have a weird bug then. Attaching a Large Electric Engine direct to a Refinery left the Refinery blue when powered. Putting Conductive Pipes between them got it green.

(this bug might be non-related; I just drag-updated the Forge/Optifine pair when they had updates instead of refreshing the minecraft.jar and reinstalling the prereqs and Optifine. It's likely that there may have been some oddities.)

• Official Post

Okay, then I must have a weird bug then. Attaching a Large Electric Engine direct to a Refinery left the Refinery blue when powered. Putting Conductive Pipes between them got it green.

(this bug might be non-related; I just drag-updated the Forge/Optifine pair when they had updates instead of refreshing the minecraft.jar and reinstalling the prereqs and Optifine. It's likely that there may have been some oddities.)

Yes, I reported this bug on the BC forums a few weeks ago.

• Last I checked there has been no reply to the bug report, nor any tickets opened to fix it. He seems to be ignoring 2.x stuff.

Then I hope the bug was fixed in 3.0. Related subject, and progress made to make this 3.0 compatible? I figured the 3.0B could be used as a code reference for changes made from 2.x-3.0

• If you are experiencing the explosion effect, then something is installed wrong such the TileEngine.class did not get overwritten.
    They do not product less BC energy as they overheat, only use more EU.
    Regular BC engines do not change the amount of energy produced regardless of how hot they are, it is constant. Except for redstone engines, which are a special case.

I think I figured out the oddness. My Refinery ran out of oil, so it full stopped - I erroneously attributed it to the now-red engine. As for the explosion effect, I need to double-check, but I believe it's because the crossover loads first.

• Official Post

I think I figured out the oddness. My Refinery ran out of oil, so it full stopped - I erroneously attributed it to the now-red engine. As for the explosion effect, I need to double-check, but I believe it's because the crossover loads first.

Crossover must load first to work correctly, to overwrite the file. The explosion effect is explicitly overwritten in the crossover code. If you are experiencing the explosion effect then that means it is invoking BC code, which can happen if TileEngine.class is not overwritten.

• Official Post

Then I hope the bug was fixed in 3.0. Related subject, and progress made to make this 3.0 compatible? I figured the 3.0B could be used as a code reference for changes made from 2.x-3.0

I don't currently intend to upgrade to 3.x until it supports SMP. Which according to his milestones is set for 3.3.0. I could feel like programming and have nothing better to work on, but I doubt it.

• silentdeth First of all I want to thank you for this mod! I used other power converter mods and it lagged like hell. You managed to make it run much smoother and, again, you have my thanks.
    Getting to the point: on my install of Minecraft I also use Forestry which produces, among other things, biofuel and biomass. I tried to use both with the petrochemical generator and it doesn't accept it. Is there any way I can make this work? Looked into the config file but there is no setting to allow other liquid fuels. It would be logical, more fun and actually LESS overpowered to be able to only use the biofuel ( which is distilled from the biomass). Could you please look into this?!
    Hope to hearing from you soon.
    Cheers!

• Official Post

silentdeth First of all I want to thank you for this mod! I used other power converter mods and it lagged like hell. You managed to make it run much smoother and, again, you have my thanks.
    Getting to the point: on my install of Minecraft I also use Forestry which produces, among other things, biofuel and biomass. I tried to use both with the petrochemical generator and it doesn't accept it. Is there any way I can make this work? Looked into the config file but there is no setting to allow other liquid fuels. It would be logical, more fun and actually LESS overpowered to be able to only use the biofuel ( which is distilled from the biomass). Could you please look into this?!
    Hope to hearing from you soon.
    Cheers!

Really it just doesn't work right now because Spacetoad moved to fuel to the API after I coded it. I intend to enable it eventually, no ETA. It is just hard to do right now with the BC energy pipe bugs, I can't test to see if it works right.

• Really it just doesn't work right now because Spacetoad moved to fuel to the API after I coded it. I intend to enable it eventually, no ETA. It is just hard to do right now with the BC energy pipe bugs, I can't test to see if it works right.

Understood! so probably wait until BC3.0. Thought it was as simple as with furnace fuel: define with a custom recipe or something a new material to burn like dirt for example and how much it burns and voila!
    Played around some more with the petrochemical generators and it seems that if I move away from them(10 or more blocks) while they are on, it starts to get laggy but if I turn them off with a redstone signal there is no more lag. Other people probably noticed that already.... just wanted to make sure.

• i can already see mee hoocking up my 1820 EU/T casuc reactor to an bunch of those electric generators to power everything :D might be effective to make fuel - quarry etc.

thx

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Really it just doesn't work right now because Spacetoad moved to fuel to the API after I coded it.

Indeed, I remember that it worked fine with Forestry fuel in 1.8.1. I'm sure it will all be sorted out soon enough.