Posts by xxx.514

Ive made that rough calcsheet to check what is now produced in distillery from ovening wood to oil and what is the difference between steam and hydrogene cracking with "little / moderately / serverly" name prefix (circuit settings not attached). Grab one if you wish:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/…ec/distillery+calc+v2.ods

PS. After ive seen how many fluids are now produced im thinging about building huge refinery to produce them all ... good that RotaryCraft has ability to produce a lot of RF quite cheaply - i afraid ill be lost if focused only at GT.

Ahh ive done this again - misspelling the idea. Standard icons are very good, mostly - good integrated circuit, good electronic circuit and integrated logic circuit has the same icon for now (or just for me); generally im confused in needed basic materials to make any of them and best gains in my current refinery setup - which was builded to get PTFE needed in earlier processors boards. Now I need to build whole new setup only to unlock progress, what Ive wanted to avoid until ive manage to jump into 8kV and build that damn fusion reactor. Second thing - many items created with new electronic parts has recipes with switchable, equal circuits, but they imho are not equal when comes to make them; and wetware processor - as ive read - should be the highest tier, but often its showed as replacement part for other circuits. Third thing which ive noticed - its nearly impossible to craft raw crystal chip needed in some circuits: firstly it needs emerald ore, which is quite hard to find, then its very small chance to make exquisite emerald and next its only 10% chance to make that chip with conjunction with europium. Afterall, as i suppose, GT5U is very fine tuned with GalactiCraft - example is needed low gravity for making crystals. That requirement is also active without GC installed?

Oh my... hope somebody will understand...

Try in cells form - it may be bugged for a while. Are you using GT pipes or other ones - imho it may count too. Also check every side of machine in attempts of pumping in liquid sulfuric acid.

Nice work with developing of GT 5.9 dear BloodAsp!

However after switching from .29 to .31 im very confused with those circuits - any idea when ftb.gamepedia.com will got updates?

Hello,

Im trying to push forward forced compatibility between GT5U, RotaryCraft and few other things. For example: ive got nether titanium ore from Nether Ores, which i can put inside RC extractor for extra drop. It produces nether titanium flakes which needs cooking in furnace. In that way I will get titanium ingot, but i wish to receive only titanium dust.

Thats why im looking for names of gregtech things - ive already gathered knowledge of maitaining ores (f.eg.: gregtech:gt.blockores:828 for sheldonite); now i wish to know how to check proper name for titanium ingot, titanium dust, nether titanium flakes and those type of things. Any ideas?

Hello, I wish to ask about config in NC v2.4.0.b for 1.7.10 - as I understand,

I:SMPMaxAlarmRange=256, I:alarmRange=64 and I:maxAlarmRange=128 are lenght in blocks, but how is counted period in I:infoPanelRefreshPeriod=20 or I:rangeTriggerRefreshPeriod=20 ? Higher value means higher refresh rate i suppose, but how exactly? For info panels is 1 refresh for 20 seconds? And how high is performance impact if values will be highly altered? For nuclear reactor info panel refresh rate is enough - as long as automatic shutdown will work; but i wished to check GT battery buffers charge level - and here info panels fails, so it needs altering refreshing rate.

EDIT: Panel refreshuing occurs more frequently if number is lower, however its counted as integer or there could be floating-point number like 0.5 ?

Hello, ive finally managed to create reactor core, reflectors, vents, etc. - that fluid reactor now is just waiting for fresh rods. In the meantime reservoir of unused coolant is slowly filling up and in the meantime of meantime im trying to figure out how much steam chains is needed to run kinetic generator at full or nearly full output. For now i have 3 set-ups im my 1.7.10:

4x 16000 mB tanks with hot coolant (which will be produced in reactor)
    single liquid heat exchanger full of heat conductors, what gives 80 / 100 hU
    single stirling generator prodcing stable 40 eu/t

36x 16000 mB tanks with distilled water
    4x 16000 mB tanks with hot coolant
    single liquid heat exchanger full of heat conductors, what gives 80 / 100 hU
    single steam generator at 200 bar and 1000 mB/tick input heated up to 349*C
    4x 16000 mB tanks for steam
    single kinetic steam generator with condenser at top of it
    kinetic generator in front of k.s. generator producing unstable 10-15 eu/t and exploding every single second

64x 16000 mB tanks with distilled water
    64x 16000 mB tanks with hot coolant
    8x liquid heat exchanger full of heat conductors, what gives 80 / 100 hU
    8x steam generator at 0 bar and 1000 mB/tick input heated up to 100*C
    64x 16000 mB tanks for steam
    single kinetic steam generator with condenser at top of it, with 3 heat vents
    kinetic generator in front of k.s. generator producing flickering 99 / 100 / 200 eu/t but not exploding (too less steam is produced to get more output i suppose - tank is nearly empty)

each set-up is connected to its own 4x chained MFSU to check how much energy is available at the end, everywhere im using Thermal Dynamics super-laminar fluiducts with resonant servos. In addition i have few other mods, including GregTech Unofficial 5.
    As test has not ended yet, most economical and space saving seems to be 1st, but most powerfull 3rd. One more thing - visual steam explosions seems to happen each time when there is too less steam for generator or too much in condenser tank.
    Explosions shall exist if there is too less steam and produced output of steam generator shall flicker between distilled water and steam?

EDIT:
    I think tests could be eneded - setup 1 is completly wasteful, ~760 000 EU in MFSU; 2nd was better - 2 560 000 EU, but 3rd gave about 3 840 000 (maybe a bit less) EU in much shorter time - 3rd has started when 2nd was about half. Maybe with 16 heat exchangers with steam producers gives more. I need to polish everything now and wait for answer or clues what might happen with 1st generator.

The wiki doesn't really detail how Thermal Dynamics fluidpipes behave with each fluid. It says that the fluid transfer rate is inversely proportional to its viscosity, but how can we calculate it ? What is the rate for Steam for example ? Water and lava, hydrogen ? Does it know the viscosity of every GT Fluid ? I'm looking for a mod that has friendlier pipes than GT (sorry) but can still transfer the huge amounts of fluids required, but I can't find a suitable one.

Try Super-Laminar Fluiduct of Thermal Dynamics - if used with Resonant servo transfers a lot of fluids instantly, ofc if its pressurized. Ive checked that only on test world with single IC2 Fluid reactor and GT large heat exchanger, but tests were positive - coolant flows quickly. Other machine was RotaryCraft solar tower - and there tests were positive too.

I apologise - ive checking that for 4 hours, so i wasnt thinking clearly. Yes, your thoughts are perfect - U and ctrl click is NEI feature, all for 1.7.10 and latest GT 5.9. U is simple checking usage in recipes , then ctrl click makes full stack out of single item - for blocks is max 64, buckets 16 and so on.

Moreover, one additional thing - after installing GT in console ive got this:
    "[21:35:14] [Client thread/INFO]: If your Log stops here, you were too impatient. Wait a bit more next time, before killing Minecraft with the Task Manager.
    [21:39:34] [Client thread/INFO]: Congratulations, you have been waiting long enough. Have a Cake."
    In that time CPU usage drops to 50% (yes, old one) and nothing happens in meantime. In that time GT is silently setting up everything or it is just Greg joke to check my patience?
    Afterall ingame clock sometimes acts weiredly, jumping back every few seconds in new world created, and jumping back all time for few seconds at my actual world.

Hey, im trying to figure out what is causing U and ctrl click at item hang - at least i found that is GT: all mods loaded without it makes U and ctrl works fine. Firstly ive suspected TinkerConstruct; but after second try of half loading way of loading i have Forestry, Metallurgy, MFR and Nether ores as suspicious - for now. Any ideas what can cause that crash?

Edit: Nope, a mod installed earlier hangs everything now... Is there a way to fix that, other than "dont use U and ctrl", or i must running blindly unitl updates for all mods to something higher?

Im not sure, but ive found mine in nether. Remember that you will need autoclave to make gems out of processed dust. Nuclear Power works correctly for you? Ive tryied to check HV battery with 8 IC2 energy crystals - it shows a bit over 8M of EU, but it is not changing when i put out few, only when i go away and back.

Another thing - how behave RF input into GT? It works only to batteries or to all equipment? As Ive checked, GT battery buffer connected directly to RF batery transfers energy correctly.

And yet another, still not answered - is a way to generate durability of meta-tools, eg. turbines to compare all of them? As far Ive managed only to find durability of pickaxes, but that spreadsheet is mainly for GT6.

Technically you don't have to "convert" power to RF - you can use direct RF generation such as a BC Stirling Engine, a Forestry Peat-Fired Engine, or a Railcraft Steam Engine. On the other hand, once you've progressed far enough with GregTech EU generation, I can understand wanting to convert instead, which GT5u provides in the configs, and RF output is enabled by default in 5.09+.
    I haven't tried MFR tree farming, but I've seen reddit posts claiming it's a lot faster than Forestry tree farms....

Ive seen someting in GT configs about RF, but dont looked into very carefully - i shall check it again. Imho having multiple different not connected energy nets is a bit confusing, thats why i suggested conversion - personally my target is to convert everything into RF, then transport it through expensive, but with infinite capacity per tick cryo-stabilised fluxducts out of Thermal Dynamics then convert it again to needed power type unless i achieve UV power of GT and its wireless transmiters, but still im unsure if it is worth changing later.

About MFR harvesters - they might seem to be a bit OP, but im nearly sure that energy usage can be altered in configs if someone wants very balanced servers and has time to polish every little thing.

"You know you are running GregTech, when wooden planks require 8 nether stars around a dragon egg to craft."
    — SirSengir

Citizens of Minecraftia, welcome into the GregTech! ... Lower the gates!

Imho in fact best option is to make automatic tree farm using MFR or Forestry for LV and MV with automatic transportation of BC pipes / Thermal Dynamic pipes (which are quite expensive - needs blast glass out of lead, obsidian and tin) / MFR conveyors. Ofc those three mods depends on RF, so you will need a mod which allows convertion of power - like RotaryCraft (quite hard) or Power Converters (quite easy). Personally ive altered a bit configs of ore generation so its a bit easier to find any ores in my world, but still all productions dependencies were the same - ive always tryied to have surplus charcoal just for generation of RF to gather trees. At begining it was quite boring - waiting for trees to grow, then make charcoal out of them, and then make a bit steam to push forward. At least everything depends at your play style - at that you wish just have fun, mid-hard farming or 'tru' GT (as SirSengir noticed that about two years earlier).

I have a bit another ask, but small sugestion to Gus_Smedstad - ive tryied to make carrot and potato farm for methane using buildcraft transport and energy pipes and MFR harvesters and planters. At first few layers of dimensions 7 wide and 127 long was quite fine, but adding more layers brings also more internal ticks, which lead to lags and skipped ticks. Now i will try to move it more further away from my base and use upgrades to make harvesters and planters use 25x25 area instead 3x3 - hope that will bring a lot of vegetables to make methane with much smaller lags, also im considering usage of Thermal Dynamic stuff instead of BC piping. My point is to make large gas turbine connected to processing array filled with centrifuges, if anybody tried this i will be gratefull for sharing results of effiency and lags. Anyway, main ask which i wish to know - is there any addon, shared sheet or config which will show me exactly durability of meta tools made of certain materi als? Those at wiki has different values and does not showing all available materials from my mods bundle, moreover at every start they are shuffled and mixed. It could be even a bit formatted text file - i will reformat that into excell or similar program to sort it or make filters.

PS. One more thing - try to get MV asap for IC2 adv. batteries - if not disabled - they dont need hard-to-find anitmony, has quite good capacity and are cheap. If you have rotary craft installed, i suggest to make few steam engines to get easy managable RF producers in form of rotational dynamos, which needs to be converted to GT electricity or electric generators to produce IC2 electricity - what is then easier to convert into GT; then try to build self-sufficient hydrokinetic turbines - a lot of nearly free power if builded properly. Im using 2 chained by 4 of them, giving my base 4MW of power which is enough to run most of my machines simuntanously and MV matter fabricator stuff.

Excuse me, its just my unimportant post - digging through recipes.cfg looking for good stuff to continuously power mass fabricator, replicator and scanner i found that in fuel_4: I:cellPlasmaGold_200704=200704. Now im wondering how i can create this in industrial way - for now im nearly able to create a lot of glowstone, which can be centrifuged into redstone and gold. But how process gold dust into gold plasma? As i know, few plasmic things are available only through fusion, but GT5U added much more things than i can find in wiki. It must be a way to do that!