You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Sunday, March 1st 2015, 9:37pm

hi, i need help to calculate witch cable i need

Hi, i got 60 Geothermal generator coupled whit 27 radioisotop thermal generator and a nuclear reactor.

so the calculation of me EU/T

60*20+27*16+360= 1992 EU/T

if it have 20 tick per second it means

1992*20= 39840 EU/S???

so i'll need glass fibre cable to suppoort my instalation?

Sunday, March 1st 2015, 10:52pm

Unfortunately, machines exploding and cables melting are not implemented yet because the energy net is still in development. The temporary system is a lossless, limitless, balance-less, and transformer-less contingency because mechanics like loss and EU details are also not implemented yet. This means we have no mechanics to calculate: an insulated tin wire would do the trick. I'm sure the devs will post a big, Biomes O' Plenty style warning when it's time for machines to explode and cables to melt again, and we'll write it up in the wiki as soon as those features are back.

If you just want to make sure the EU/t going through a cable is within the range on the cable's tooltip, you can try seeing if transformers in step-down mode work. I don't use them myself for reasons listed above, but they seem like they should take input up to the highest value in their tooltip from the special-textured side (five dots) and somehow output a maximum of one current at the minimum EU/t in the tooltip for each output side (one dot). I haven't run tests yet, but I should and will probably post back here when I do, for closure.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Max Shen" (Mar 1st 2015, 11:00pm)

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Sunday, March 1st 2015, 10:52pm

Do your RTGs have 5 or 6 Slots? the ones with 6 Slots do 32 EU/t.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Monday, March 2nd 2015, 2:09am

i know that all of this is disabled i run whit gold cable for the moment but i whant to be redy to do the math when it come back. but its 6 slot machine but its writh 1-16 EU/T in the menu

Monday, March 2nd 2015, 4:00am

You'd better use an EU-Reader for more accurate output.

Foghrye4

Iron Miner

• "Foghrye4" is male

Monday, March 2nd 2015, 3:24pm

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Monday, March 2nd 2015, 4:13pm

Why would you ever have a picture of that? :P
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Foghrye4

Iron Miner

• "Foghrye4" is male

Monday, March 2nd 2015, 4:32pm

Why would you ever have a picture of that?

You don't get it? Google an origin of this picture, and after that read topic name carefully. MinecraftPig

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Monday, March 2nd 2015, 6:20pm

Wow. Remind me to never search witch cable on google.
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Monday, March 2nd 2015, 6:26pm

I first noticed the typo about HV being 2048 EU/t ... damn me.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6