You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, March 10th 2017, 10:42am

lol.. Nice little GT5 story. I kinda felt the same way...

I was checking out the new additions and support of forestry bees with GT machines. When checking the combs output, all the forestry generic combs provide the GT items along with the liquid honey/honeydew, which you need a coagulator in order to convert back into the drops used the beealyzer. All fine and well. The output from extra bees combs are still their original comb products you receive from the forestry centrifuge. You get the honey drops instead of the liquid honey. I am assuming that full extra bees support is not in yet?

When you do add in full extra bees support, can you please make it so the chocolate frames can be made with cocoa powder? Right now, it requires to have found a jungle to get actual cocoa beans and set up a cocoa farm to make the frames instead of being able to utilize the output from the cocoa combs. Of course knowing you Greg, this would be left as is with finding a jungle being a requirement...

With the GT supported way of making the electron tubes, can you change the glass pane recipe in the laminator to only only make 1 tube instead of the 3 it does now? A few of the electrode recipes are quite expensive, and needed in very limited quantities. We can make just 1 electrode in the press, but have no way to make it into a usable tube until we make 3 of them. :(

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread
  • Germany

Friday, March 10th 2017, 11:15am

lol.. Nice little GT5 story. I kinda felt the same way...

I was checking out the new additions and support of forestry bees with GT machines. When checking the combs output, all the forestry generic combs provide the GT items along with the liquid honey/honeydew, which you need a coagulator in order to convert back into the drops used the beealyzer. All fine and well. The output from extra bees combs are still their original comb products you receive from the forestry centrifuge. You get the honey drops instead of the liquid honey. I am assuming that full extra bees support is not in yet?

When you do add in full extra bees support, can you please make it so the chocolate frames can be made with cocoa powder? Right now, it requires to have found a jungle to get actual cocoa beans and set up a cocoa farm to make the frames instead of being able to utilize the output from the cocoa combs. Of course knowing you Greg, this would be left as is with finding a jungle being a requirement...

With the GT supported way of making the electron tubes, can you change the glass pane recipe in the laminator to only only make 1 tube instead of the 3 it does now? A few of the electrode recipes are quite expensive, and needed in very limited quantities. We can make just 1 electrode in the press, but have no way to make it into a usable tube until we make 3 of them. :(
I didn't think of ExtraBees at all. The reason the Centrifuge and Squeezer Recipes are available, is that the Forestry Recipe Lists get flat out copied by my Stuff, if I didn't add a GT Recipe for the specific Comb.

As for the Laminator, I am aware that the Recipe is stupid to work with, but I hate letting things go waste. But a special case for the vanilla Glass Panes might be a good idea.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Friday, March 10th 2017, 1:41pm

Hello!
I start a server with gregtech 6.04.14 (as I know it last for today). I and my friends met a problem. We Can't craft flint mortar!

Spoiler Spoiler

We use next stack of modes:

Spoiler Spoiler

Does anyone met same problem before?

Thanks

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Friday, March 10th 2017, 3:11pm

that mortar doesnt exist anymore, see changelog of gt6
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Friday, March 10th 2017, 4:48pm

Hello!
I start a server with gregtech 6.04.14 (as I know it last for today). I and my friends met a problem. We Can't craft flint mortar!

Does anyone met same problem before?

Thanks
There is still a mortar, but it is a block rather than a tool. Use NEI to look up the recipe. It uses hunger instead of durability, so it is quite a bit better as you only need to make it once.. it does use iron to make, so you will need to raid a village or dungeon or do some magnetite smelting in a crucible first for the necessary iron.

Friday, March 10th 2017, 9:14pm

Dust Funnel, also best combind with a Filter and a GT Hopper set to emit certain Stacksizes.

This method makes a lot of sense and is fairly simple (albeit a big system to work with all types). I'll have to play around with this. Thank you!!

Is there an automated way of changing 1/72 and tiny (1/9) dusts into standard dusts? I process ALOT of materials and doing this by hand would take longer than the time it takes to create the mini dusts in the first place. Currently, I'm using the autopackager and it is causing serious lag spikes every time it scans the adjacent chests.

I know of the compactor mod from BDew, but it doesn't do the 3x3 hollow. There is the dust funnel, but that still seems to require user input. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
I made a post addressing one possible solution to this a couple days ago, but I can more explicitly explain a basic setup.

Place an item barrel (or mass storage) and add to it the "final" size you want, such as a full dust, ingots, etc. Placing that item sets the "goal" for the barrel. Now the barrel will automatically accept units that can be factored into that registered size and stack them into units of that size whenever it is fed enough. Next connect a hopper to the barrel and add your smaller dusts.

Obviously 1/9 dusts won't stack into ingots, and nuggets won't stack into full dust.

I didn't even realize these item barrels existed. HOLY SHIZEN, they are amazing. Since I don't use nuggets and I store everything in dusts and make ingots as needed, this will likely help a lot!

Thank you both for the help here.

So, I set this up and holy sweet mother of god, its awesome. I setup a barrel for every dust I use and then a hopper on them to output the specific amount that an electrolyzer/centrifuge would accept. Automated processing complete!!!!

Spoiler Spoiler

On another note, I'm looking to have a mold yank molten metals from an adjacent crucible based on redstone signal. Everything looks okay to me, but the mold is saying it has no direction selected. How do I select a direction?

Spoiler Spoiler

Thank you again!

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Friday, March 10th 2017, 9:21pm

you select direction by clicking with the tool at a specific border of the top-side of the mold. If you click the top-side middle it will toggle the redstone modes.

GregTech Website

Friday, March 10th 2017, 9:33pm

you select direction by clicking with the tool at a specific border of the top-side of the mold. If you click the top-side middle it will toggle the redstone modes.

Perfect. Thank you. I really appreciate the quick and helpful replies!

Friday, March 10th 2017, 9:38pm

Is there any way to make a mold cool off the metal faster so that the hopper below can pull it sooner?

Also, is it intentional that tin and iron mix at 2L per mixing cycle instead of 144L like many other metals mix at?

Thanks!

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Friday, March 10th 2017, 9:47pm

other metals mix at 144L? I am pretty sure I made it 1L of Fluid per Unit in the Mixer. If that is required to be faster then use the Crucible to mix Alloys. As for the cooling down, nope not possible to be done faster yet.

GregTech Website

Friday, March 10th 2017, 11:02pm

Many other mods that use molten metals (Tinker's construct comes to mind), has 1 bucket / 1 ingot equal to 144 units. I'm not really sure where that measurement came into being, but other mods do use it. It may come into play if you are trying to use molten metals from different mods, but as long as 1 ingot + 1 ingot = 2 ingots, I'm good with that. Besides, if you are using Gregtech, you aren't likely to use other mods for your ore processing (since for the most part, you can't), so I don't see it being too big a deal.

MauveCloud

Coal Miner

• "MauveCloud" is male

Friday, March 10th 2017, 11:36pm

I think the choice of 144 has something to do with it being the LCM of 16 and 9 (9 so that nuggets can also be melted; I'm having a harder time figuring out the need for it to be a multiple of 16 - maybe something to do with glass panes or iron bars)

Friday, March 10th 2017, 11:49pm

Many other mods that use molten metals (Tinker's construct comes to mind), has 1 bucket / 1 ingot equal to 144 units. I'm not really sure where that measurement came into being, but other mods do use it. It may come into play if you are trying to use molten metals from different mods, but as long as 1 ingot + 1 ingot = 2 ingots, I'm good with that. Besides, if you are using Gregtech, you aren't likely to use other mods for your ore processing (since for the most part, you can't), so I don't see it being too big a deal.

I think he was referencing metals in Gregtech specifically.

other metals mix at 144L? I am pretty sure I made it 1L of Fluid per Unit in the Mixer. If that is required to be faster then use the Crucible to mix Alloys. As for the cooling down, nope not possible to be done faster yet.

I'm thinking of the Rutile + Sodium, which takes one cycle to mix and thus an output of 144L/ingot. On that note, can we get a mixer recipe for the Tungsten Carbide (1 carbon dust + molten Tungsten).

I'm all for some sort of super soaker hose that you can just dowse the mold with water. :P

Saturday, March 11th 2017, 2:57am

Oh darn, I thought you said you were keeping the mortar and pestle so you would have two choices. The hand mortar was quite handy very early game for turning gravel into more flint for flint tools. Having to get iron first will make very early game much harder.

I'm getting tired of burning through flint and tinders constantly lighting my burning boxes... how do you use the auto igniter?

Saturday, March 11th 2017, 5:54am

The auto igniter takes EU and will attempt to set fire to the block in front of it; if that block is a burning box it will light it instead of creating a fire block.
The only trick to it is providing it with a power supply that you can toggle on and off, for which the Redstone Machine Switch cover works best.
Typically, I use the LV version connected to an LV battery box with a Redstone Machine Switch cover. If space allows, I also use a ProjectRed pulse former
to create as brief a redstone pulse as possible so as not to waste EU. If you are placing many on a branching wire then it is best to place either a battery
box or transformer immediately before each igniter, otherwise some may not fire.

The system is a little difficult to get working without circuits/battery boxes, as you need some source of EU to light the igniter. If you're lighting the
burning box under a boiler/turbine/dynamo multi-block generator, then it is possible to power the igniter without a battery box (hint: the solution is in this
post). However, this solution only gives a single re-light before needing to be recharged from the dynamo, and still requires either use of a tool or a Redstone
Machine Switch cover...

bear989

Mod Breaker

• "bear989" is male

Saturday, March 11th 2017, 8:29am

look for a apitite vein for phosphor for matches. they are very easy to craft and lite a lot better than flint and tinders. as for flint, just keep digging, digging, digging. ;) you will have lots of gravel but hey gravel makes nice roads and railroad beds.
Gregtech 5 & 6 tutorials and game play
https://www.youtube.com/user/aBear989

Saturday, March 11th 2017, 7:12pm

Can someone give me a quick explanation of why to use the big centrifuge tower over the single block centrifuge?

Thanks.

Saturday, March 11th 2017, 7:18pm

I think the choice of 144 has something to do with it being the LCM of 16 and 9 (9 so that nuggets can also be melted; I'm having a harder time figuring out the need for it to be a multiple of 16 - maybe something to do with glass panes or iron bars)

1/9 for tiny dusts, 1/72 for micro dust, 1/144 for half that to allow for 1 iron and 1 tin micro dust each to make 1/72 of the resulting tin alloy. This is why when you mix you get 2L of the needed 144L (1/72 of the total to make an ingot). I'm assuming this is the reasoning.

MauveCloud

Coal Miner

• "MauveCloud" is male

Saturday, March 11th 2017, 7:35pm

1/9 for tiny dusts, 1/72 for micro dust, 1/144 for half that to allow for 1 iron and 1 tin micro dust each to make 1/72 of the resulting tin alloy. This is why when you mix you get 2L of the needed 144L (1/72 of the total to make an ingot). I'm assuming this is the reasoning.

That makes sense for GT6, but the number was used before GT6 was started, and in other mods as well, which do not have micro dusts or the like.

SuperCoder79

Blowing up crucibles and doing "automation" (GT6)

Saturday, March 11th 2017, 9:47pm

Hey Greg, how does Phosphate melt at 106 Kelvin and boil at 182? I'm pretty sure that shouldn't happen.

Counter:

Hits today: 41,932 | Hits yesterday: 80,423 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,206,623