You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Blaster

CUO and Head Designer of Blaster Adventure Terain Generation inc.

• "Blaster" is male
  • "Blaster" started this thread
  • Australia

Location: Never in the same place for long (gotta love analysis sometimes)

Wednesday, November 6th 2013, 10:35pm

A challenge for the greatest players of IC2

For those who think they are the best modded survivors, I would like to present a challenge onto you

The challenge is to survive underwater

The rules
1. You are free to add in as many mods you like, however you HAVE to have them set on their hardest settings within reason (e.g you can leave the quarry option for one use only off)
2. the minimum mods are IC2, GregTech, and Applied Energistics (Energy consumption at a minimum of 20x the default) and Mo Creatures if you can run it (For water creatures).
3. Anywhere you go, you have to have water touching you from a water source that was there already (there is a exception to this), (you can be touching flowing water if it comes from a natural source)
4. You are free to live in any biome that is classified as a ocean.
5. You are allowed to make a Mystcraft age to live in provided it is as close to a normal world as possible (feel free to change the sky color and aspects like that but you cant have any symbols like accelerated or dense ores)
6. You have to play on hardcore
7. You can bring with you whatever you manage to gather on land in one day (and a single rubber tree sapling from a mod of your choice if you can't find one in time)
8. You can spawn in 1x Rubber tree if you need it (if you don't find a rubber tree from any mod that adds rubber trees)
9. You can place water sources in your house that you have made, if you live in a cave then you can't place water sources. You also cant place water sources in anything that isn't apart of your house, even if it is attached to it (such as a mining tunnel)

The Goal: Create a self sustaining house that has the highest tier blocks and items from each of the mods you have installed

Please post screenshots of your progress and how long you have survived

I have attached a photo of the mods I will be using, I may add more latter but for now its for now

EDIT: Scratch Mo Creatures for me, I cant run it.
Blaster has attached the following image:
  • Capture.PNG

Mediaholics: http://mediaholicreviews.blogspot.com.au/

Thank you to all who are working on updating the Wiki

Blaster Analysis and Reviews inc. Part of
Blaster Adventure Terrain Gen .inc

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Blaster" (Nov 7th 2013, 12:11am)

Deathlymad

Trollololololol

Sunday, November 24th 2013, 5:46pm

Why cant you just say you have to play as a morphed squid, you would drown on land

Blaster

• "Blaster" is male
  • Australia

Sunday, November 24th 2013, 8:27pm

Why cant you just say you have to play as a morphed squid, you would drown on land

Where is the fun in that?

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Sunday, November 24th 2013, 9:56pm

His point is that you are obligated to live in contact with water, like a squid.

I bet i can find some exploits on your rules and play (almost) normally on a world.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Blaster

• "Blaster" is male
  • Australia

Monday, November 25th 2013, 12:13am

His point is that you are obligated to live in contact with water, like a squid.

I bet i can find some exploits on your rules and play (almost) normally on a world.

I know these rules are exploitable, and I am sure people will find the exploits (we're gamers after all, that's what we do) What I meant by my comment was where is the fun in playing this map if you can use a squid morph or a Mo Creatures creature, it nullifies the challenge.

I should note that I played my own rules, drowned in a flooded ravine. If you play this without morph, do yourself a favor and get scuba gear as fast as you can

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Monday, November 25th 2013, 12:49am

I should note that I played my own rules, drowned in a flooded ravine. If you play this without morph, do yourself a favor and get scuba gear as fast as you can
Or get lots of ladders to make air bubbles underwater.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Monday, November 25th 2013, 8:53pm

Or get lots of ladders to make air bubbles underwater.

I use sugar cane under the sea for floating air pockets
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Shadowlife

Exaggerator :D

Friday, November 29th 2013, 1:39pm

OMFG...
I think this might be fun somehow, but the water part is sort of weird... how am I supposed to get any wood?
I suppose I would need to change the amount of Buildcraft wells or so :P
Also, visiting the nether is kinda impossible right? or do i have to stay in the lava there?
Anyone got a proper amount of success in this?
-Shad0w
Iff yu find misstaks, you may keep them! (Or tell me if neccessary...)

Blaster

• "Blaster" is male
  • Australia

Friday, November 29th 2013, 10:19pm

You have a day to get initial wood and saplings. Unlike a challenge this is based on, you can still breath air but you must be touching water at all times

SpwnX

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Friday, November 29th 2013, 10:30pm

Basically, you have to be like the ocean mammals.