You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 3:04am

Best source of Bio Chaff?

Right now I'm using some pumpkin crops. I break them into seeds. you need twice as many seeds to get chaff as compared to most plants, however one pumpkin gives 4 seeds.

I'm working on a project, I need a ton of biochaff, when I'm setting up my cropmatron, harvestor, what crop am I best off surrounding them with?

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 4:14am

Sugarcane does the best job. It grows very fast and yields alot more.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 4:17am

Thank you :)

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 4:42am

Oh yeah, the sugar works great! How far does a harvestotron reach? I saw a post on here that says 11x11, but it seems more like 4-6

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 4:58am

It should be a 11x11 centered on the harvester. The cropmatron is a 9x9.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 5:11am

Silly me, I was thinking 11 in each direction. Thank you.

Diti

OCD Chest Opener

• "Diti" is male

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 6:20am

This along with some buildcraft pipes gives more sugarcane than you can pump into a compacting recycler. I use some of it on the side for biogas.
I have found that you need a surprisingly small amount of biochaff to run a nice setup.

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 3:57pm

Nice. Thanks for showing me that. I had a vague idea about sugar and scrap, but I'll use this very thing, it's great. Now with my new Nuclear Biogas 5x5 I'll have enough scrap to make serious UU liquid :)

Speiger

TMT & IC2 Classic Dev

• "Speiger" is male

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 5:22pm

You can also make CropBreeding to increase the amount of yeld and groth a little bit.
The max amount it can get on each number is by the way 31. (To get it that high take a while but when you have it you get so much that nothing can keep up harvesting it).