You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, April 17th 2013, 10:28pm

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to learn to make mods (besides the obvious learn java part... which I am doing). I'm asking here because gregtech seems to be good in the "attention to detail" part of modding.

Just too much fun... GregTech...

Kane Hart

Godcraft.Com Administrator

Canada

Wednesday, April 17th 2013, 10:31pm

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to learn to make mods (besides the obvious learn java part... which I am doing). I'm asking here because gregtech seems to be good in the "attention to detail" part of modding.
All I know is if you can't program in normal java and make some simple games and programs and try to mod you will be only hurting yourself and ruining your process of education. Lot of people do that thinking they will learn lots of java from just the modding part but actually cause more harm then good.
Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

CrafterOfMines57

Miner Of Diamond

• "CrafterOfMines57" is male

Wednesday, April 17th 2013, 11:01pm

V3.01c:
Added Solar Panel Cover. Yes you can place them on the Side too, but that is very retarded.

I know now what I must do, make 5 Solar Panel Covers and place them everywhere but the top!

Quoted

Personally recommended by Greg (and me) http://wuppy29.blogspot.nl/2012/10/forge-modding.html
Is the answer to this question no?

Quoted

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

Wednesday, April 17th 2013, 11:25pm

A good video on how to set up the new fusion reactor

A good video on how to set up the new fusion reactor would be nice the one I found the dude rushes through, lot of use already know how to craft the stuff, just show us how to build the darn thing, the GUI is so confusing
:Quantum-Helmet:
:Quantum-Bodyarmor:
:Quantum-Leggings:
:Quantum-Boots:

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Wednesday, April 17th 2013, 11:27pm

How about adding "wind" and "water" covers?

Wind can only be placed at sides and will make it work slightly similar to windmills, except that it generates only 0,5 EU/t as long it is above Y 64 and has at least 6 free adjacent blocks in an area of 3x3 of center block. Maximum of 2 per block, adding more does nothing.

Water can only be placed above and below and will generate 0,25 EU/t as long it has 9 water blocks above/below it.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Wednesday, April 17th 2013, 11:43pm

All I know is if you can't program in normal java and make some simple games and programs and try to mod you will be only hurting yourself and ruining your process of education. Lot of people do that thinking they will learn lots of java from just the modding part but actually cause more harm then good.

I will likely finish http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java before attempting anything.

Quoted

Personally recommended by Greg (and me) http://wuppy29.blogspot.nl/2012/10/forge-modding.html

Thank you, I'll look into that.

ILoveGregTech

They Call Me ILGT

Thursday, April 18th 2013, 12:14am

See the whole thing with learning Java is that I would still be confused when looking at Minecraft code...

Thursday, April 18th 2013, 1:13am

See the whole thing with learning Java is that I would still be confused when looking at Minecraft code...

What do you mean by that?

ILoveGregTech

They Call Me ILGT

Thursday, April 18th 2013, 2:07am

I mean I'm watching tutorials and all for Java, but when I look at Minecraft code it's not really like what was taught. I guess I just haven't gotten far enough into the tutorials

Thursday, April 18th 2013, 2:09am

I mean I'm watching tutorials and all for Java, but when I look at Minecraft code it's not really like what was taught. I guess I just haven't gotten far enough into the tutorials

What exactly are you watching? For example I watched the "New Boston" tutorials (up to the 45th) and got chastised for it by a Java programmer... so I switched to the Oracle Java Tutorials... hopefully it will be comprehensive enough.

ILoveGregTech

They Call Me ILGT

Thursday, April 18th 2013, 2:10am

Wish me luck guys. I applied for cublikefoot server. SSP was getting boring :/
Hopefully I won't get robbed too much if I get on :P *cough cough* Greg and his team *cough cough*

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Thursday, April 18th 2013, 2:23am

Hopefully I won't get robbed too much if I get on :P *cough cough* Greg and his team *cough cough*
If we find you, expect everything.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Thursday, April 18th 2013, 2:31am

Borrow a basic JAVA book from your nearest library..

CrafterOfMines57

Miner Of Diamond

Thursday, April 18th 2013, 2:46am

Big Java is the one I'm using, why "Big Java"? Because it's Big and it's Java.

Quoted

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

ILoveGregTech

They Call Me ILGT

Thursday, April 18th 2013, 2:52am

If we find you, expect everything.

NOOOOOO! :D
I haven't been accepted yet ;)
Peace treaties/pacts will have to be signed :P
Or... O_o if I join forces...
Greg? :thumbsup:

Edit: ill build anything you want? :P a slave so to say

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ILoveGregTech" (Apr 18th 2013, 3:18am)

ILoveGregTech

They Call Me ILGT

Thursday, April 18th 2013, 2:53am

What if I like small Java?

ILoveGregTech

They Call Me ILGT

Thursday, April 18th 2013, 2:54am

Hey Greg, I have an idea for GregTech.
Change the output of 9 UU (normally a diamond) to something else.. Not even industrial diamond. That way you could make recipes harder (Iridium only needs 7)
Just a thought :)

SpwnX

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Thursday, April 18th 2013, 2:57am

Change the output of 9 UU (normally a diamond) to something else.. Not even industrial diamond. That way you could make recipes harder (Iridium only needs 7)
UU is already hard enough to get, keep it the way it is.
How about adding an UUM block, so we can have recipes that requires more than 9

Kane Hart

Godcraft.Com Administrator

Canada

Thursday, April 18th 2013, 2:58am

tbh he does not need to touch diamonds. He could make it easier even ass there really is not a big shortage on them nor they that rare down the road. Unless you don't know how to strip mine :P
Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

CrafterOfMines57

Miner Of Diamond

Thursday, April 18th 2013, 3:15am

What if I like small Java?

SMALL JAVA IS NOT ALLOWED, WHY WOULD YOU ASK SUCH A STUPID QUESTION?

Quoted

Counter:

Hits today: 68,003 | Hits yesterday: 42,089 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,077,401