How do I create UU-Matter?

• Hello,I am on 1.6.4 using IC2 and I have no idea how to create..this guy :Matter: (UU-Matter). I've seen post about needing a scanner and a replicator, but I have no idea how to do it, I need to know the whole setup, where to put what, what slot I need to put in what,everything. So , if anyone could take the time to tell me everything in a detailed manner i'd much appreciate it. Thank you.

• Place these machines directly adjacent to one another, in this order:

[mass fab][replicator][pattern storage][scanner]

The scanner must be next to the storage so it can save the patterns it scans. The replicator must be next to the storage so it can use the patterns to replicate something. The mass fab is next to the replicator so you can use a liquid ejector upgrade to shunt the uu-matter it produces into the replicator. Yes, uu-matter is now a liquid.

Obviously there are other solutions - crystal memory disks allow you to carry patterns between machines that are not physically touching, and other mods that add liquid piping solutions and tanks can store and transport uu-matter like any other Forge liquid. But the above is the most basic setup.

Scanner and mass fab take up to 512 EU/t. The scanner will take a bit less than that to scan, and nothing to sit idle; the mass fab will take everything it can get, and will accept transformer upgrades to get up to 8192 EU/t. The pattern storage does not need nor accept power. The replicator can take up to 2048 EU/t but uses well less than that. However it can accept overclocker upgrades to increase its working speed, and also another transformer upgrade to 8k if necessary.

Currently uu-matter is not fully implemented and there are only a handful of items scannable. I know of around 18-20 possible recipes. Generally, if it's from vanilla or IC2, and can be found by digging or mining, it can be scanned. Exceptions may apply (I'm a few builds behind).

• Okay, now, say I wanted to make Iridium.. Would it be even possible? What and how would I do it?

• You need to find the iridium ore in dungeon chests, scan that and then use the liquid UU and lots of EU to replicate the scanned iridium ore. Without finding and scanning an item, you can't replicate any of that.

Ahh, I think I got it, thanks man! ,soo do you think i could run this off a geothermal going into an MFSU , then to the machines? Or what should I go with(power wise)

• If you have an eternity to wait, sure, you can run it off a geothermal. At 20 EU/t, it would take close to 7 hours to generate the 10,000,000 EU needed for one bucket of uu-matter :P

Okay, with scrap it's only 1 hour 10 minutes. But still, that's 24 hours for 1 iridium ore. You really want something faster.

Try 20 geothermals. Or nuclear power.

• If you have an eternity to wait, sure, you can run it off a geothermal. At 20 EU/t, it would take close to 7 hours to generate the 10,000,000 EU needed for one bucket of uu-matter :P

Okay, with scrap it's only 1 hour 10 minutes. But still, that's 24 hours for 1 iridium ore. You really want something faster.

Try 20 geothermals. Or nuclear power.

I remember there was a story of someone who just started playing with IC2, and all the person had a massfab powered by a generator.

• Official Post

I remember there was a story of someone who just started playing with IC2, and all the person had a massfab powered by a generator.

Spwnx made a set up powering a mass fab using generators. 51 of them >.>

• Official Post

Where'd he get all the lava for them then?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Nether!

THEIF! It's not like I have hundreds of Nether powered geothermals in my single player world or anything :S

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I see these replys are going elsewhere...What can/should I run it off if then? and let me rephrase.... Geothermal->MFSU->MassFapper... if that isn't the best, please state another way, and nuclear..oh god... isn't my lingo..(im not good at setting it up xD )

• Official Post

haha, so windmills> nuclear reactor ?

That depends on your materials and your will to use them.

Windmills (without compact windmills) are an extreme annoyance to use (not much if you follow my setup) and has a variable output.
    Reactors are more steady, but limited to how much uranium you have.

Also, windmills are much more costly (material-wise).

• uranium rare in this 1.6.4 build of ic2 ? I couldn't find any :o

• Official Post

uranium rare in this 1.6.4 build of ic2 ? I couldn't find any :o

Its not rare really :S Try setting up a few miners 20 or so blocks from each other (when you have the materials of course).
    Nuclear can be more powerful (and actually cheaper) then solar panels or windmills (THEY REQUIRE LIKE 10000000 IRON), although they are more complicated to set up.

• I see these replys are going elsewhere...What can/should I run it off if then? and let me rephrase.... Geothermal->MFSU->MassFapper... if that isn't the best, please state another way, and nuclear..oh god... isn't my lingo..(im not good at setting it up xD )

Was this intended ?

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!