Research system

• Official Post

I think we should have something like in the nuclear reactor:
    -you have a machine in front of you (let's say a generator), and you can add some items to get it a bit better (I mean, better turbines, have a liquid that vaporizes better or stuff like that).

Also, we could make the mod so that you don't craft something with the machine block, but you place the machine block in the world and then you add stuff in it, by opening a gui, taking your wrench, your hammer, the different cables you have, and you put your hands in the nasty motor oil of the machine.
    I think that's the best way to do a research thing.

And have things blow up if you wire the circuitry wrong? :D
    Punishment is its own reward!

• I mean, it would be really cool if we could discover some sort of electrical resistance, magnetic field amid its effects, and thus have more machines available.

I liked the example of having a research thing.
    Maybe we could make it via the success tree ?

• very few posts make me actually hate the people that post them but in this istance i have to tell you to go die in a hole.

a research system in mine craft is a pointless time sink with no purpose other than to piss people off and wast even more of their precious time than the actual crafting its self.

it is people like you and your asinine suggestions and desire for self punishment that are the reason why so many mine craft mods have been ruined.

MOST PEOPLE HAVE THINGS CALLED REAL LIFE AND JOBS AND DONT HAVE HOURS TO WASTE ON THIS SHIT

especially knowing that every major update may lead to a world deletion

so please just go away and die and stop trying to ruin industrial mine craft for the more casual players.

the only way i would ever consider adding a research system would be if it was on a master server and bound directly to your username regardless of what server your playing on. other wise it is just repetitive bullshit that you have to either beg an admin to fix or grind through every time you change a server

i honestly wish the people who keep wanting ic2 to become harder would just be perma banned.

if you want this bullshit add it to Greg tech after all most of the undesirable mechanics in ic2 experiential are bleeding over from Greg Tech and i thought there was an understanding that ic2 was supposed to be easy mode and people that wanted the tedium and ultra hard mode would install Greg Tech ontop of it.

i am really livid at how the base ic2 has been corrupted by these assholes instead of keeping the bullshit away from normal users and restricting it to the mod that was meant for them

• Official Post

Gee you just can't win. New ideas are rejected while the old ones are too old. In short, you can't win. IC2 will be developed how the devs want.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• You can boycott the mod all you want, just don't shove that down other's throats.

It's not as if we held Player and Thunderdark to gunpoint and forced them to code the "hard, difficult" changes to IC2. They did it of their own free will. And whether they want to change it back, is up to them.

• Official Post

If anything, us doing that would have made some things less hard, as Player is creative with his stuff. Apart from a config to disable ender chests, that was silly and for Forgecraft 3

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.