Add more to nuclear power!

• Ok, let's face it. In tekkit, HV Solar panels are cheaper and more reliable than nuclear power. But I want this changed and to be more realistic! That is why I say we add Thorium (Similar to Uraium, but produces more power with less of it) and nuclear fusion!

Nuclear Fusion would be much more unstable and bigger boom, but would also beat fission 3x!

• I was about to say that GregTech has everything (thorium is now not useable, because of IC² nuclear rework for experimental versions, but will be as soon as molten salt reactors come out) you need, but you mentioned Tekkit...

Ahh, well - I like having buildcraft and other mods as well.

• You could install the mods yourself or use a better modpack like FTB, and the HV solars are an addon on to IC2.

• You could install the mods yourself or use a better modpack like FTB, and the HV solars are an addon on to IC2.

FTB is just bloatware except for the Lite Packs.

EDIT Clarification: What I meant was that FTB main packs (not the Lite Packs, which don't get much love anyway) may not be a good choice for everybody. It has too many mods (E.g. 102 I think, for 1.6 DW20 pack) that overlap and there may be excess, unused mods that cause lag and unnecessary trouble and hoops and interference (e.g. useless ores, tainted areas).

Actually, thorium should produce less power, if you think about it. It's less radioactive than uranium.

• FTB is just bloatware except for the Lite Packs.

Different Moralities, Same IQ

Actually, thorium should produce less power, if you think about it. It's less radioactive than uranium.

Well, part of why that is, is because you have to transmute Th up to Uranium, and then split it. That's why it's argued that it's a much safer energy resource globally, as when you shut off the reactor, you stop the act of transmutation. This kills the heat generation from the reactor via fission...

So yeah, I agree. I'd like Thorium reactors to be a staple in base IC2 and not just GregTech, lol...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

Lets discuss balance of soul shards!

Who needs soul shards when you can have EE2?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Ehh I just play whichever modpack really. I have a good PC, but I do try to avoid ones like hexxit and such. I like the more advanced technological ones, like Tekkit Main/Space or Tekkit Lite. I don't know much of FTB though.

• Official Post

FTB's a mess right now, the 1.6 update broke stuffs. The bugfixes are patchy too.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.