[Request] IC2 Plastics Addon

• I originally posted this on the MCF, but they said here was better. So....

I had this idea a while back, finally got around to posting it:

Minecraft Plastics Mod - Addon for Industrialcraft 2

First, make carbon reformer -

I L I
    I C I
    I E I
    C - Compressor
    I - Iron Plate
    L - Lava Bucket (bucket NOT refunded)
    E - Advanced Electronic Circuit

Creates Raw Plastic using the following (must provide electricity) -

Coal Dust - 3 Plastic
    Charcoal - 1 Plastic
    Coalfuel Cell - 4 or 6 Plastic
    Coal - 2 Plastic
    Clay - 3 Plastic
    Diamond - 64 Plastic, but uses alot of power (10 times the normal amount)
    TC Petroleum - 6 Plastic
    1000mB BC Oil - 10 Plastic
    1000mB BC Fuel - 20 Plastic

Called "Unformed Plastic"

You will also need molds made from clay. Mold Former (no power required)

I C I
    I CL I

I I I
    C - Crafting Table
    I - Iron Ingot
    CL - Clay Block

Mold Formers make the following molds:

Bottle Mold - Makes 2
    Tube Mold - Makes 1
    Small Cap Mold - Makes 8
    Large Cap Mold - Makes 4
    Sheet Mold - Makes 1
    Large Sheet Mold - Requires 2
    LED Mold - Makes 16

The Clay molds must be cooked in a furnace and turned into hardened molds.

Raw Plastic must be refined into a Molded Form then into a Plastic Object, with may then be crafted into various things:

LED - 8 LED Plastic, Uninsulated HV cable - Makes 8
    LED Set - 8 LEDs, Iron Item Casing
    LED Display - 8 LED Sets, Uninsulated HV cable
    Electronic Sign - 1 LED Displays, 1 Iron Plate, 1 Plastic Sheet (Acts like a sign, but editable (and programable?, colors?)
    Telescope - Tube, Lens (of glass), Sticks - Zooms in on things
    Water Bottle - Plastic Bottle, Small Plastic Cap (can be filled with water, supplies water)
    Water Jug - 5 Plastic Sheets, Large Plastic Cap (Holds a bucket of water)
    Synthetic Rope - 3 Plastic Tubes in a compressor - makes 2 lengths (placed and climable like ladders - MAY CHANGE)
    Industrial Fan - 1 motor, 4 plastic sheets, 1 insulated copper cable - Requires power, pushes items inside tubes for 16 blocks, (16x - (2x - 2)), x = # of fans, max 5 fans, items on the ground are pushed 5 blocks (max 25 with 5 fans), pushes entities away 3 blocks (max 15 with 5 fans)
    Air Tubes - 4 Glass Panes, 4 Plastic Sheets - makes 4, approx 2.5 feet wide (fully insulated HV cable)
    Opaque Air Tubes - 8 Plastic Sheets - makes 4
    Storage Bin - 6 Plastic Sheets - holds 3x5
    Yo-yo - 2 Large Plastic Caps, 2 string - ****COME UP WITH USE****
    Synthetic Plate - 1 Plastic Sheet, 1 Bronze Plate - Use to make upgraded HAZMAT suit
    Synthetic Rubber - 3 Plastic Sheets in a compresser = 1 synthetic rubber (sames uses as rubber MAY CHANGE)
    Water Tank - 5 Large Plastic Sheet, 2 Bucket of Water (refunded) - provides infinite water source

Computercraft Section
    Laptop - 4 Plastic Sheets, 1 Reinforced Glass, 1 CC Modem, 1 Motor, 1 LED Display, 1 Computer Core (CC Advanced Computer)
    Desktop Tower - 4 Iron Plates, 1 Computer Core, 2 Motors, 1 Electronic Circuits, 1 CC Modem (CC Advanced Computer)
    Monitor - 1 LED Display, 1 Data Cable (desktop requires this)
    Keyboard - 2 Plastic Sheets, 1 Data Cable, 1 I/O Port (desktop requires this)
    Data Cable - 1 Insulated Copper Cable, 1 Insulated HV Cable, and 1 Nether Quartz Block (Fluix Dust instead of block if AE is installed)
    Computer Core - 4 Advanced Circuits, 1 Cooling Core, 1 I/O Port, 3 Memory Cores
    Memory Core - Use AE 4k Drive and 1 motor if AE is installed, other wise: 1 Ender Eye , 1 Motor, 1 Blaze Rod, 1 Diamond, 1 Nether Quartz Block
    Fan - 1 Coil, 1 Plastic Sheet
    Cooling Core - Fan, 2 Copper Item Casings, 4 Uninsulated Copper Wire
    I/O Port - 1 Circuit, 1 Iron Item Casing
    CD - 1 Plastic Sheet, 1 Circuit - Makes 4
    CD Case - 1 Plastic Sheet - Makes 2

• I love it! :3 If someone dont do that I will :)

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• I may make a mod for this someday. I have already started the basics, with plastics materials, bioplastic, etc., I just need more stuff, recipes, possibly machines, and then to compile and release.
    It is to be called IndustrialLiving, and will contain many stuff for creating close-to-realistic houses for multi-player, economical/industrial environments. Even special walls that have built-in energy cables, and household appliances that connect to said cables.
    All I need to get started is some programming help (I have very limited knowledge in the field of Java and Forge APIs), and maybe people to help with textures/ideas.
    The plastics will even have more industrial uses, being components of machines/devices and such. If there really is now a want for such a mod, I will be glad to begin working on it again. Thank you for reminding me.

• Cool. If you need anymore ideas, contact me either here or on the MCF (the username is the same).

Maybe make a thread for it :D

• Pretty sure noz only one. But Plastics Need Oil, and there are allready enough mods adding oil, and Buildcraft added it befroe IC² had the Chance.

What kinds of mods add oil, other than BuildCraft? I need a good place to start.

• Official Post

What kinds of mods add oil, other than BuildCraft? I need a good place to start.

Galactricraft for space craft fuel.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Someone already made one?

TehKrush did PlasticCraft back in the beta releases of Minecraft. It was one of two mods that I started with long ago (IC1, of course, being the other mod), and it was actually quite cool. Sadly, TehKrush has abandoned all forms of modding for Minecraft, but I'm sure he wouldn't be terribly upset if some of his old ideas were reused in some fashion or another...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• If you look at the thread, notice the coal can be used instead. Not the most realistic, and I leave it up to whoever takes on this mod to implement it or not. But Traincraft Petroleum and Buildcraft Oil are two non-vanilla sources I had in mind. Also maybe coalfuel cells.

Maybe I'll add that to the thread

• If you look at the thread, notice the coal can be used instead. Not the most realistic, and I leave it up to whoever takes on this mod to implement it or not. But Traincraft Petroleum and Buildcraft Oil are two non-vanilla sources I had in mind. Also maybe coalfuel cells.

Maybe I'll add that to the thread

In my mod I am working on, there will generate "Oil Sand" in the sand of deserts, that can be cooked (for now) for Plastic. In the future, it will be Washed, then the retrieved Oil will be boiled for many Hydrocarbon products, including Plastic. The diesel/Gasoline/kerosene would be burnable in special generators, that are also portable and can be "broken" by hand.

For when the oil sand is not available, maybe Electrolyzed Water can be used in the plastic-fabrication machine (or water, but that takes more energy), to supply the necessary Hydrogens, plus the Carbon from coal/coalfuel, to create the Hydrocarbons that make up Plastic. Compressed Air cells would be produced as a byproduct.

A more advanced machine would be able to fabricate plastic from UUM, which would be better than hydrocarbon synthesis AND refining oil sand.

There would even be Bioplastic, but its uses may be limited to a few things, because it is bio-degradable.

• Why not just have it washed now? I'm assuming you are planning on using the most recent IC2 versions from jenkins. You could use the ore washing plant. I like where this is going. PM me if you want me to try and make horrible attempts at creating textures.