Extra Time

• I'm bored gonna decompile IC2 and port it to 1.7. I will hopefully get one millionth of it done. It would of course be easier if IC2 was open-source but that will never happen. Wish me luck.
    [There is nothing in the license saying i cant do this, i can modify it i just cant redistribute the sources plus i won't finish it]

• I'm bored gonna decompile IC2 and port it to 1.7. I will hopefully get one millionth of it done. It would of course be easier if IC2 was open-source but that will never happen. Wish me luck.
    [There is nothing in the license saying i cant do this, i can modify it i just cant redistribute the sources plus i won't finish it]

Good luck. Forge hasn't even started; FML and MCP is still in extremely early beta.

There's a reason why they aren't out yet.

• Official Post

You going to base edit Minecraft, cos with no MCP/modloader/forge you're going to have to :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• really?
    I thought they had a Dev forge build out. I don't want to edit base classes so I guess I will just have to find something else to do. maybe a super magical build craft/industrial craft/universal electricity/thermal expansion/galictacraft compatibility addon?

• You going to base edit Minecraft, cos with no MCP/modloader/forge you're going to have to :P

And remember, more than 50k lines of code was changed IIRC, 1.6 mappings are going to be unreliable.

• And this, gentlemen, is an example of someone who doesn't understand how much time and effort it takes to code into Java... *golfclap*...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I'm fairly sure he understands pretty well. Try reading his posts.

I did, he only copy-pasted words that are used in conjunction with modding in general. Nothing showing any tangible comprehension as to how programs are put together, or even how to work in proper Java developer environments....

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• THere is Forge for 1.7.2 but it's in beta.

• I see there are releases now, but it's still going to be sometime before the first mods start showing up. After all, Minecraft is at 1.7.4 now, I believe.

• I did, he only copy-pasted words that are used in conjunction with modding in general. Nothing showing any tangible comprehension as to how programs are put together, or even how to work in proper Java developer environments....

Excuse me, what indicates to you that I "copy-pasted words used in conjunction with modding in general"
    I will have you know that i have 3 years java experience,1 year working with bukkit. I understand exactly how much time and effort it takes to program in java. I simpily plan to spend my extra time working on a super-buggy version of IC2 that will compile. I had no knowledge that the mappings were s***y.

I'm probably not the one to say this, but IC2 still has its developers and you should leave this job for them, unless it is solely for personal use.

Its not even for personal use, i am running out of ideas on what to do with my extra time :thumbup: .

• Official Post

Crops crops crops. Terraformers work when you give them power - there, documented.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Document IC2? Pretty sure some people would like knowing IC2 math for the more obscure features, like crops/terraformers.

If someone wants that they can just decompile it. Hopefuly one day the dragon-lord will return, denounce the evil new direction the mod is heading in and relase it under and open source license so that it will be updated faster and people can read the IC2 math with the comments so they make sense. Its a long shot.

• If someone wants that they can just decompile it. Hopefuly one day the dragon-lord will return, denounce the evil new direction the mod is heading in and relase it under and open source license so that it will be updated faster and people can read the IC2 math with the comments so they make sense. Its a long shot.

I wouldn't exactly call it evil, it changes a lot of things, but "evil" is very subjective.

It is indeed a long shot though. I suspect the Dragon Lord may have abandoned IC2 with such a long hiatus.