Jetpacks and Mining Laser: Better Mode Switching (and laser mode idea)

• Given Minecraft and specifically modded Minecraft's propensity to lag, mode switching on the Jetpack and Mining Laser can be a massive pain. I'm constantly finding myself pressing the key and switching to a mode other than I want, either because the key registers twice (thus keeping on the same jetpack mode or skipping two ahead in a Mining Laser), doesn't register until much later after I've already pressed the key again in frustration, etc etc.

TLDR
    Could we have an optional "Hover Mode" button for the Jetpack, i.e. a non-toggling button?
    And for the Mining Laser, a "Previous Mode" button added to the current "Next Mode" button would be superb. A configurable "default mode" key would be even better, like configurable as a "Low-Focus Mode" or "Explosive Mode" key.

It'd also be nice if the Mining Laser had a non-block-destroying mode intended for fighting mobs without destroying the environment; you could use Low Focus. After all, low focus means wider beam, which would be more effective than a tighter focus against flesh; it's not a disintegrator, after all, and like the difference between a full metal jacketed bullet and a hollowpoint the narrower beams would do LESS damage against flesh.

GhostPlanet.tv - Streaming Anime (Claymore, Texhnolyze, Attack on Titan), recent Animated Shows (Archer), movies and major live action shows (Thrones, Spartacus).

• Official Post

The hint in the name MINING laser, means it's not intended to be used as a non-block destroying weapon.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.