Batbox problem.

• My setup is 6 batboxes in parallel and they should give out 32/t and about 192eu/p but somehow the eu/t gets above 32/t and my machine blows up why is this ? is this a bug ?

EDIT: the version i am using is ic2 2.0.345-experimental

• It's simpler and more intuitive. Or does it make more sense to you to be able to send 192 eu/t through a cable that is for 32 eu/t, just because it's from different sources?
    The whole e net is being reworked for quite some time now, so things can still change.

• what the f why would they do that ?

To reduce lag and generator spam. Also forces players to think twice before dropping a bunch of energy producers on a cable line and letting it auto-run...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• but this forces me to give each machine its own batbox etc etc

Not actually, you can feed multiple machines with one batbox.
    Try this design:
    :LV-Transformer: =Batbox

:LV-Transformer::LV-Transformer::LV-Transformer: (etc) :Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre: [machines]

• Not actually, you can feed multiple machines with one batbox.
    Try this design:
    :LV-Transformer: =Batbox

:LV-Transformer::LV-Transformer::LV-Transformer: (etc) :Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre: [machines]

That solution only works on IC2 builds where the explosion mechanic is disabled. A better solution would be to feed all the Batbox into a LV transformer, and send the output from the transformer to the machines, so that the transformer acts like a regulator of Voltage so that the machines stay at their max threshold without blowing up...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• so what i wonder is with gregtech added making fuel for the fusion reactor is basically impossible now ?

Do you even have NEI?
    EVERYTHING you need is shown there.

• Everything you need is ingame. All the machines have a label with the power they need and can deal with, energy storage devices have their output in the tooltip, what is your problem?

The only difference is that you need to transform the voltage down for each machine with another transformer instead of having one for the whole power line.
    Or just use transformer upgrades.

• Official Post

Now wiring is indeed more complicated but it also looks much more "industrial" with wires and transformers everywhere :)
    Just be sure to not exceed lines maximum EU/t throughput. (f.e putting 2 Blast furnaces into the output line of a single MV transformer)

• That solution only works on IC2 builds where the explosion mechanic is disabled. A better solution would be to feed all the Batbox into a LV transformer, and send the output from the transformer to the machines, so that the transformer acts like a regulator of Voltage so that the machines stay at their max threshold without blowing up...

Uh, no. Nothing explodes because everything is 32 EU/t there. Adding a transformer is a waste of resources since the batboxes are in series.

i know how to do it but to get the power to all those machines, getting the power is not the problem its getting the power to all those machines

If you can build a fusion reactor you can afford transformer upgrades.

• does it make more sense to you to be able to send 192 eu/t through a cable that is for 32 eu/t, just because it's from different sources?

Yes, it's voltage vs amperage. You can shove a ton of volts down a crappy real world wire (with some losses) if the amp draw is low, if you want high amps you gotta break out the heavy stuff.

Though somebody said they were planning on adding that back in a different way later last time this came up, this is really about preventing solar lag.

• Official Post

Well, first you have power, as in the actual amount being transmitted (in watts)
    Currently, that is EU/t.
    The EU/p that previously existed was Voltage, and there was no such thing as amperage. Power = Voltage x Amperage, so if you had 64 eu/t going through a line at 32eu/p, it would be at 2 amps. The more 32eu/t machines you add to that line, the more amperage you need, but this doesn't make sense. Currently, Just plain power makes more sense.